The Master League adventures thread

Hoya it's me @Anjin I just cannot, for the life of me, access the old account. Maybe it's for the better, let that old weeb shit burn! :D

So, like, what's the story guys? I remember the thread absolutely bustling with activities last summer...I used to play PES 3 a lot, what a great game it is! But a lot of stuff happened, difficult IRL stuff, I just packed my things and moved to Ireland. I live in Dublin now, been here almost a year and gonna spend one more I'm afraid...I wanted to pop in and see what's going on and apparently PES 2020 shapes up to be quite something? I have a laptop so bad I have to use Linux to be able to browse internets, so no PES for me. I could mess with WIne, but even then I'm worried this laptop is too bad to get anything done.

It runs Minecraft, I guess? :D

If I got a PS4 though...and a nice 30 inch screen that could be a lot of fun...tell me, what was PES 2019 like? I remember they've added a few new leagues, are they any fun? What is the ML itself like? I can't see myself getting back into retro PES as of now (gonna get proper PC once back in Poland in 2020), so the only way is forward it seems.

Also I like Dark Souls so PS4 is kinda ideal tbh.

Tell me your stories it seems awfully quiet here!!! :TUMBLE:

god i missed those emotes!

Hoya it's me @Anjin I just cannot, for the life of me, access the old account. Maybe it's for the better, let that old weeb shit burn! :D

So, like, what's the story guys? I remember the thread absolutely bustling with activities last summer...I used to play PES 3 a lot, what a great game it is! But a lot of stuff happened, difficult IRL stuff, I just packed my things and moved to Ireland. I live in Dublin now, been here almost a year and gonna spend one more I'm afraid...I wanted to pop in and see what's going on and apparently PES 2020 shapes up to be quite something? I have a laptop so bad I have to use Linux to be able to browse internets, so no PES for me. I could mess with WIne, but even then I'm worried this laptop is too bad to get anything done.

It runs Minecraft, I guess? :D

If I got a PS4 though...and a nice 30 inch screen that could be a lot of fun...tell me, what was PES 2019 like? I remember they've added a few new leagues, are they any fun? What is the ML itself like? I can't see myself getting back into retro PES as of now (gonna get proper PC once back in Poland in 2020), so the only way is forward it seems.

Also I like Dark Souls so PS4 is kinda ideal tbh.

Tell me your stories it seems awfully quiet here!!! :TUMBLE:

god i missed those emotes!
Welcome Back my friend,long time no speak,quite dead in here.
I should really post my PES 18 ML more often

Welcome Back my friend,long time no speak,quite dead in here.
I should really post my PES 18 ML more often

What's the story maaaaaaaaaaaaaan :) Still campaigning in Serie B I imagine, regardless of the game? :D

Yeah it was so lively last summer, but I guess PES 19 turned out to be somewhat average? I had a chance to try a demo this January on PS4 and it was...same old, really.

But I can't wait for ML with so many leagues in Europe. And one of my coworkers is big PEShead he just keeps talking about his Milan ML to me! Seems to be fine with 2019 :D I haven't decided who am gonna pick yet, looks like a Danish or Swiss campaign in 2020 so far...

Tell me guys, did anything change with Eurocups qualifiers in PES 2019? WIth 12 european leagues (if I did maths right), there should be way more teams qualifying, I wonder are there like multiple qualifier rounds now? It would be absolutely amazing if I could, as say Danish team, start my Euro campaign from the very first Q round of not-Europa League early in July I would totally love it.

Has anything changed in this regard in 2019?

Also I got wine going on my laptop but PES 5/6 make this thing overheat so badly, I can't even risk playing those games really. I've spent 25 euro on a controller just to get bamboozled! :CALM: Oh well, a week, maybe two, and I'll have PS4 I think!

But also, I have a huuuuge ML related request to everyone! Since it seems managers will be way more important in #ML2020 campaigns, I want to put some serious effort into creating one. I made my mind up to start first ML as Jakub Wawrzyniak, The Meme God Himself (just Polish things), but I'm horrible with face creating. He was in the game until PES 2016 It seems.

If anyone still has access to PES 15/16 (I don't), could ye get me screenshots of all the face settings of this lovely man? He should be in Poland NT and/or Legia Warszawa (other European). This is him on pesmaster - https://www.pesmaster.com/j-wawrzyniak/pes-2016/player/37820/

It's not very urgent, we still have a month to go, but I'll just put it out there, it is of critical importance to me! :D

I gave up quite quickly on 19,I feel it's a horrible game,no D2s a very scripted AI ,plus a very one dimensional AI on top of that.
I restarted on Pes 18 quite quickly instead (and Pes 17)
So I'm not really the right one to ask anything 19ish.
But I'm looking fw to 20.

PES Match report :

"Stoke City just can't win

With 28 games without win, the manager had this to say about Stoke City shrinking title chances : Well, I just can't come up with a winning formula on the spot, can I? But this is all on me. I have to sit down with the other coaching staff and figure out what's not working before the next game"

F**k that. This isn't my fault. Game is f***d. Even if an alien with superb maths powers built a space ship and came to Earth just to write a special dt for this, they would be flummoxed at how the f**k they cannot fix this absolute shite.

Y'know I used to play games when I was in bad mood to cheer me up. This is just something totally different and goes in the face of enjoyable gaming. This year I've given ML a go and also tried the dt mods to help.

I conclude what most of you already know - that ML is truly an abomination.

I need to go back to the board to work out how best to utilise exhibition mode in an interesting manner.

Edit : 15/8/9 Matchday 42 : 1-0 win against Leeds Utd. Goios on 32mins. Loss streak finally ended.

Last edited:
What's the story maaaaaaaaaaaaaan :) Still campaigning in Serie B I imagine, regardless of the game? :D

Yeah it was so lively last summer, but I guess PES 19 turned out to be somewhat average? I had a chance to try a demo this January on PS4 and it was...same old, really.

But I can't wait for ML with so many leagues in Europe. And one of my coworkers is big PEShead he just keeps talking about his Milan ML to me! Seems to be fine with 2019 :D I haven't decided who am gonna pick yet, looks like a Danish or Swiss campaign in 2020 so far...

Tell me guys, did anything change with Eurocups qualifiers in PES 2019? WIth 12 european leagues (if I did maths right), there should be way more teams qualifying, I wonder are there like multiple qualifier rounds now? It would be absolutely amazing if I could, as say Danish team, start my Euro campaign from the very first Q round of not-Europa League early in July I would totally love it.

Has anything changed in this regard in 2019?

Also I got wine going on my laptop but PES 5/6 make this thing overheat so badly, I can't even risk playing those games really. I've spent 25 euro on a controller just to get bamboozled! :CALM: Oh well, a week, maybe two, and I'll have PS4 I think!

But also, I have a huuuuge ML related request to everyone! Since it seems managers will be way more important in #ML2020 campaigns, I want to put some serious effort into creating one. I made my mind up to start first ML as Jakub Wawrzyniak, The Meme God Himself (just Polish things), but I'm horrible with face creating. He was in the game until PES 2016 It seems.

If anyone still has access to PES 15/16 (I don't), could ye get me screenshots of all the face settings of this lovely man? He should be in Poland NT and/or Legia Warszawa (other European). This is him on pesmaster - https://www.pesmaster.com/j-wawrzyniak/pes-2016/player/37820/

It's not very urgent, we still have a month to go, but I'll just put it out there, it is of critical importance to me! :D
Sorry for being so late. I still try to catch up with some threads.
About 2019 CL/EL qualifiers, for some reason and despite there are more leagues, KONAMi achieved to build a very rigid and one dimensional system. They removed League rankings, so every league sends standard positions to CL/EL I.E.: if you are in a small league that send 1 champion in CL and 2 teams in EL, it will be like this forever, no matter how good your League teams will do on European Competitions. Also the cpuSIM AI is a little bit one-dimension and weird, almost every year in a 5-seasons save I run, the CL was conquered by PSG,ManCity,Lyon etc. Furthermore when I navigate in groups in both competitions, it is almost 90% every year the same teams participate.

As for Jakub Wawrzyniak I also love him as he played here in Greece for Panathinaikos in the past. I will try to open my old pes in pc and take screenshots or make a video of his face build. There are only two problems, the custom face formulas of pes15-16 produce worse faces in modern pes games 17-18-19 for some reason.And secondly I have PTEpatch in both games, I hope they didn’t mess with his face build.

Anybody plan on doing anything different for their PES20 Master League?
I'm ditching the usual traditional approach and going with a made up Pub team, that's been bought by a wealthy businessman, worked their way up through the non-league divisions, and used the heavy investment to claw their way up to the Championship, which is where PES20 kicks in.

The Dog & Duck Pub team, a quest to take a small boozer from non league to Champions league.
Here are the kits for the first season:

YW0IGMT.png

Anybody plan on doing anything different for their PES20 Master League?
I'm ditching the usual traditional approach and going with a made up Pub team, that's been bought by a wealthy businessman, worked their way up through the non-league divisions, and used the heavy investment to claw their way up to the Championship, which is where PES20 kicks in.

The Dog & Duck Pub team, a quest to take a small boozer from non league to Champions league.
Here are the kits for the first season:

YW0IGMT.png
Nice idea mate!
Did you make the logo and the its from pesfx.com?

Just started a pes 2018 ML run, with barcelona ofc, on SS and pa1 , manual shooting, it s a bit too much when it comes to cpu pressure and cheat but u can work ur way through it until at least half time when things can drop down a bit, when cpu players get tired,i ll be posting vids soon

AC MIlan, Default Team, minimal budget.

Sanmarinese(???) super tacticatian Maurizio Calciopolitano is in the housestadium of San Seero.

*Milan has went almost bankrupt and lost it all, barely surviving in Serie B with a team made up of completely random people (default team)
*The only person allowed to stay is, if he exists this year, LB Giorza since hes yung and Italian. He gets the armband and we build a thing around him.
*Sanmarinese conscipracy is huge in this one as I intend to grab as many viable young players from San Marino as possible and train them up, then take San Marino NT over and win cups with them.
*Andrea Petagna Is BACK BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
*We build team out of young Italians and some other funny randoms like Yago motherfucking Pikachu have you heard of him?
*All of this in a beautifully licensed Serie A and B, the #1 place for Master League campaigns.

Tis gon b a wild ride my dudes!

Starting tomorrow and I’ve finally agreed on a team: Manchester United. I want to play Premier League and at an official stadium this year so they’re perfect for me.

They’re a team in serious decline and desperate for a rebuild. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been moved upstairs as Director of Football. The young (ish) and inexperienced Mikhail has taken over as manager. I’m going to promote youth and slowly build the squad. No super star signings. Maybe try and get Christian Eriksen in January because he’s reportedly unhappy at Spurs but...that’s it. Youth and up-and-coming talent will be the key to long term success.

Superstar difficulty. Default assists. All board stuff like transfer budget etc set to ‘normal’.

First transfer window disabled for realism.

Come on @rockstrongo etc, get in here. PES 2020 Master League starts tomorrow and I want to hear your stories.

@Mikhail Noooo!! Not the scum, at the theatre of silence!!!!! :D

As mentioned above, going down a fantasy route, the Dog and Duck Pub team, bought by a very wealthy businessman, who has invested heavily, helped the team surge up the non-leagues, into the EFL Championship, which is where PES20 kicks in.

Will play on Top Player to start with, 6 minute halves, basic shooting, PA1, Auto Feint OFF, Clean HUD, no nameplates or power bars, just score, time and radar.

Transfers etc all Normal.

Kits are a few comments above and just added a new third kit:

vXRVePfl.png

Thursdays update cant come soon enough, then we get going.
Will post updates over on my site PESFX.co.uk and also here.

@Mikhail Noooo!! Not the scum, at the theatre of silence!!!!! :D

As mentioned above, going down a fantasy route, the Dog and Duck Pub team, bought by a very wealthy businessman, who has invested heavily, helped the team surge up the non-leagues, into the EFL Championship, which is where PES20 kicks in.

Will play on Top Player to start with, 6 minute halves, basic shooting, PA1, Auto Feint OFF, Clean HUD, no nameplates or power bars, just score, time and radar.

Transfers etc all Normal.

Kits are a few comments above and just added a new third kit:

vXRVePfl.png

Thursdays update cant come soon enough, then we get going.
Will post updates over on my site PESFX.co.uk and also here.
I LOVE you're playing as Dog & Duck!

What league you starting in? SkyBet?

I've got a soft spot for Man Utd mate always have done. You either love or hate them I think. I lived in Manchester for a few years got some good friends there. Love the music scene, the bands from there, the while vibe.

United are in a bad shape - perfect time to take over.

I've never understood people who can start a Master League as Juventus or PSG etc. No offence of course! But these teams have dominated their leagues for so long now, I don't see the point.

@Mikhail Wanted to do something different this year mate, I hardly played PES 19 as it was so poor, but usually take a local side, MK Dons, or whatever and start with defaults in the Skybet Championship, this year going down the fantasy route and taking a fictional Boozer to the top of European football, gives me free reign and creativity over kits, sponsors etc.
I'm just joking about Man Utd, I'm a Liverpool supporter so .......

@Mikhail Wanted to do something different this year mate, I hardly played PES 19 as it was so poor, but usually take a local side, MK Dons, or whatever and start with defaults in the Skybet Championship, this year going down the fantasy route and taking a fictional Boozer to the top of European football, gives me free reign and creativity over kits, sponsors etc.
I'm just joking about Man Utd, I'm a Liverpool supporter so .......
Hey I'm not offended it's all good.

How do you transfer Dog&Duck to SkyBet then? Or do you edit a current SkyBet side i.e. Barnsley?

Hey I'm not offended it's all good.

How do you transfer Dog&Duck to SkyBet then? Or do you edit a current SkyBet side i.e. Barnsley?

Can do it either of 2 ways mate....

1) Edit a Skybet side and just change kits, name etc.
2) Edit one of the 'Other Euro teams', one of the made up teams like Tranulecan or something and then move them into the SkyBet Championship and move one of the existing teams out

Either way you have to lose a proper Skybet team, no big deal though.

Back
Top Bottom