The greatest player ever IMHO

a scissor tackle performed by a 10 years old kid???!!!! :shock::shock::shock:
damn it! :D

Last edited:
... of course there is.

You could discuss how Maradona played in a team of much inferior players as what Pele did and also in a much stronger league than what Pele did.

Pele never done anything domestically outside of Brazil

Do you think the 50's was like today in Brazil? A lots of players playing in Europe? Of course not. All the brazilian players played here. The same players who won the 58, 62 and 70 world cup. If you ask a old reporter here, he will say to you with a tremendous enthusiasm, saying the name of inumerous players and teams of that time.

So, Pele played always against amazing players. No doubt. Did you guys saw the movie "Pele Eterno"?? My grandpa sad the movie show to us everything Pele was. If you see this movie, you gonna have a great idea of the amazing oportunite the people of the 60s had seeing him play.

Today I agree with you. Our league is a peace of crap. :D

Sorry about my english..not so good, I know. :P

The language was not a barrier at all, your English was not a problem and your points well expressed.

And i completely agree with him...when Pele played the Brazilian league was one of the strongest in the world (if not the strongest).

Do you think the 50's was like today in Brazil? A lots of players playing in Europe? Of course not. All the brazilian players played here. The same players who won the 58, 62 and 70 world cup. If you ask a old reporter here, he will say to you with a tremendous enthusiasm, saying the name of inumerous players and teams of that time.

So, Pele played always against amazing players. No doubt. Did you guys saw the movie "Pele Eterno"?? My grandpa sad the movie show to us everything Pele was. If you see this movie, you gonna have a great idea of the amazing oportunite the people of the 60s had seeing him play.

Today I agree with you. Our league is a peace of crap. :D

Sorry about my english..not so good, I know. :P

u said it all..
in the 50s 60s and evan 70s the brazilian league wasnt a selling league like it is now days...
it was very hard for a player be shipped to europe like it is now.
our league was MAYBE the strongest in the world, if not it surely was in the top 2 or 3.
about the pele x maradona discussion, i wont go there, becasue in my opinion its a blasfemy to compare pele with any other player, its not in vain his the athlete of the century, and has the most known name in the hole word together with POPE.
maradona was a great player, amazing, but he was a player like other greats(cruyff, platini, zico, tostao, garrincha, etcc...) pele was out of this world, the guy was just pure football, i mean he could play any postion of the sport, many of u dont know, but he could evan play gk (and he was pretty good, evan have a saved pk in his career)
another exemple of his greatness is that he scored more goals with his "bad" foot, the left, than the lefty maradona did in his hole career. pele also won 3WC, beeing the main player in 2 of those.
if u think maradona is anywhere close to pele, please do what our friend pacheco suggested and wacth the his movie...u gonna see things u never imagine could happen in a football field.

just my 2 cents ;)

That was a nice video of Hagi, I loved the goal he scored when he went passed the keeper and was near the touchline.

Made me smile as did the joy that could be seen on his face.....football is international, no language gets in the way of its humanity.

Back
Top Bottom