The Godfather II (PC, 360, PS3)

Naah the first one was quality, vastly underrated game IMO, the second one leaves me unimpressed, the Wife's playing it but not my cuppa tea, rather play UT, if I get the 360 back again off her ;)

It is enjoyable to start with but when your doing the same stuff over and over again it does gets boring, saying that because it was a mafia game i had to complete it for some reason :LOL:

There is no change in how the game plays from start to finish. The difficulty is very very easy as well. I took 2 men with me to each business to take over and never failed once, even blowing up a compound is very easy, also you don't need to defend your businesses because you can just send 2-3 of your made men and they can handle it. I only found out towards the end as well is that if i sent 3-4 made men they can take over a 12 strong guarded business but i only found that out when i had 4 business left to take over

That's how easy the game is

It is enjoyable to start with but when your doing the same stuff over and over again it does gets boring, saying that because it was a mafia game i had to complete it for some reason :LOL:

There is no change in how the game plays from start to finish. The difficulty is very very easy as well. I took 2 men with me to each business to take over and never failed once, even blowing up a compound is very easy, also you don't need to defend your businesses because you can just send 2-3 of your made men and they can handle it. I only found out towards the end as well is that if i sent 3-4 made men they can take over a 12 strong guarded business but i only found that out when i had 4 business left to take over

That's how easy the game is

Yeah there is a lot of repetition like in the way you find the location of the made men... Talk to someone 'will you do me a favour?' 'yeah okay what is it?', 'beat/kill/rob/smash this for me?' 'yeah ill do that'... repeat.

But I don't mind it that much. I've killed 2 birds with 1 stone with a lot of them by going to the building and smashing it up, then killing everyone and taking over.

I like back and forth battles over the businesses and how they attack each other so I can join in and clean up what's left. It's nothing amazing but I'm still enjoying it more than I did with GTA4 and SR2.

Finished the story... got my platinum. I've not heard anything great about the online side, i read on gamefaqs a lot of complaints about not being able to connect or stay connected so i've decided to pass and trade/try to return it within the 10 days.

I thought it was a good game, I enjoyed it. I found it difficult at first, I kept dying but towards the end when i found out you can upgrade yourself and when i started to aquire the bulletproof vests and extra ammo it became too easy. I don't think i ever used any of the favours as well - i never had any need to - seeing as i could just kill the made men off or send my own and they'll be kept away i never really needed any of them. A shame.

I've heard the first game is better in a lot of areas - I think ive played it a little but i don't recall much of the game. Has anyone played the first and is willing to share some thoughts on it? Still worth a look today?

The first was better because it was something new, the way you extort people and stuff but its not worth picking up now you have played the 2nd and seen everything that was good from the first one

They just tried to much on the second and it didn't feel like a Mafia game at all, the first one you were working for Don Corleone so it made sense that you were going round extorting and killing people

Last edited:
The best thing about the first one was the atmosphere and how much work had been done to build the living, breathing city that had a really nice dark and gritty feel, I don't see any of that in the 2nd one, just too many shitty over the top cartoon icons.

Back
Top Bottom