The Godfather II (PC, 360, PS3)

Bingham67

Champions League
17 July 2005
Anyone looking forward to this ? i enjoyed the first game it seems they have not worked to well on graphics side but the gameplay looks great. Love the new management system as you can see in these videos it seems the game has way more depth then the first.

Gametrailers.com - The Godfather II - Don's View Walkthrough HD

Gametrailers.com - The Godfather II - Chop Shop Walkthrough Part I HD

Gametrailers.com - The Godfather II - Chop Shop Walkthrough Part II HD

Gametrailers.com - The Godfather II - Compound Walkthrough Part 1 HD

Gametrailers.com - The Godfather II - Compound Walkthrough Part 2 HD

First one was great fun that got cruelly slated as being a "poor GTA clone" which was just bollocks. Graphically this is looking very poor but if it builds on the gameplay and story of the first one it could be a little gem :)

In my opinion the first one was awful. It just seemed to be all over the place so I dont have high hopes for the sequel. Plus its coming out at a time when many big games are being released such as Street Fighter IV, Killzone 2, RACE Pro, Halo Wars and Resident Evil 5.

I really like the idea of managing your businesses and hiring gang members. Whether they can pull it off and create a great game with it I don't know. I'm going to leave this one for awhile and see what customer reviews it gets.

In my opinion the first one was awful. It just seemed to be all over the place so I dont have high hopes for the sequel. Plus its coming out at a time when many big games are being released such as Street Fighter IV, Killzone 2, RACE Pro, Halo Wars and Resident Evil 5.

None of them in a remotely similar genre to Godfather 2.

None of them in a remotely similar genre to Godfather 2.

No thats not the point. Releasing a title during such an intensive period isnt the best idea, especially if the title in question hasnt been receiving much press and media attention compared to the others (excluding RACE Pro). And anyway EA have delayed the game now so looks like im right so ssshhh Placebo. :P

I think it's probably more to do with the fact the game visually is so shockingly poor, wife and I watched the 6 new trailers last night and just can't believe how bad it looks, not that we're graphic whores by any means but it just looks so un-EA. I made the comment that it looks like the licenses for all their modern graphical filters like motion blur, parallax shading etc. etc. had expired ;)

Look at the size of that fucking crosshair, could it be any more obstructing and distracting?

37982439sa0.jpg

If they can get some serious last minute polishing in there then I'm definitely still interested, but watching the videos it looks really dumbed down from the first one which IMO was an excellent game, I know they've added on the strategy/man management elements which could be really great, but the first one was an enjoyable game as much as anything because the scene and the mood of the period was set so well, this just looks like a dumbed down shooter version :(

+very bad animations imo. they don't seem to have any ragdoll-style physics engine for the models? it's a must have for that kind of game, imo. it really looks below average. just compare it to mafia 2.

I prefered Mafia to the Godfather and more then likely be the same this time round.

Animations and graphics are poor but im hoping win on gameplay the new management system is great for me its about time game made you feel like you have power. In previous game you would get to the top but you have no way of control so to see this in game is great for me.

I dont think game has changed to much in the way it works the taking over compound is same apart from now you have bullet proof vest and can take 4 guys with you. Its hard to see the story from videos and get feel from game but from what i seen of Mafia 2 this will more then likely come out second best.

Have to say i expected a better effort from money power of EA probably not going to be bad game just not as good as it really could be.

Maybe they're going to fix the visuals, needs doing.......

And what's with the fucking huge crosshairs? Ridiculous.

Its because its a shotgun that sprays all over the place and is less accurate

I wonder if the game still has finishing moves, they were good in the first one

Very good game from the 30 minutes i have played of it

Basically all of the first Godfather is in (taking over businesses, cracking safes, robbing banks) and they have added alot more what with making your own family, upgrading your staff/guards and sending or taking them with you to torch/takeover places

oh and on foot and driving is good as well so no worries there :)

The trailers I'd watched leading up to release were absolutely horrible, shame as the first game was really excellent in terms of atmosphere and gameplay.

I have played a bit more of this and its got worse. The tutorials made the game sound awesome but in reality its far to easy to do everything, below is what the tutorials explain and its far from how they make it sound

For starters your a Don so why are you going round the streets questioning people and getting jobs off them? Jobs like kill this, bomb that for random people. Thats how you find out where the rival made men are so you can kill them, how easy is that!! I ask one person on the street then i know the whereabouts of the made men so i can go and kill them.

Then you have the way you cut the power and blow up buildings, its the same every time!!! you look around outside the building for a switch box or some kind of explosive piping (which isn't hidden or tucked away) and tell you man to plant the bomb or cut the power.

Then you have extortion which is very easy and also seems to be the same every time. You go in a building kill the men on guard, grab the owner and wait till a bar fills up, and repeat for however many you have to take over.

Another stupid thing is the way you send men to help defend your businesses and make them part of your crew. I had a business that was under attack so i sent 2 of my crew which were with me to the scene and they went instantly, i mean just disappeared, then when the fight was over i bought them back into my crew and they magically appeared behind me from nowhere. Why couldn't the make it so they went in real time? at least then there would have been some kind of strategy which who to send where.

Next is guarding places, i would have thought you would have to recruit people to guard businesses but all you do is click on your building and choose how many guards you want on it money permitting, and thats another thing money seems very easy to come by so in no time at all you can have the max quota of 8 guards at your business.

Its just all so basic, so basic its a chore playing it. I'm gonna give it another go though to see if it picks up

heres a few of the tutorials to show how good they make it sound

Gametrailers.com - The Godfather II - Rackets Trailer
Gametrailers.com - The Godfather II - Rackets Trailer Part II
Gametrailers.com - The Godfather II - Extortion Trailer

Last edited:
You mean your first impressions of a game were wrong again Coopz?

You really need to play a game more before posting ;)

Back
Top Bottom