The England Topic

"woah, owen by himself, too risky, sven goren is already working on a 3 man rotation at the front, personally wouldnt have butt AND neville playing... just fallen out of favour really. and lampard on the wing? hello!??

-azn"

It was Butt or Neville because they are the only holding midfielders England have. I didn't mean for Lampard to be on the wing, it's more of a shapeless midfield with Beckham and Lampard in the middle and Dyer and Cole going out to the wings and supporting Owen.

aaaaah, i thought it was just me eyes ;) no worries, i can see that... and thats quite true about neville and butt... soz!

-azn

The future england squad

robinson
johnson-terry-ferdinand-bridge
dyer-lampard-gerrard-j.cole
owen-rooney

That is the future of england! and its all chelsea! ;)

I'd like to see sven try bridge at Left Midfield, i'd think he'd do well there. might even hold down a regular place in our problem spot.

SulphuricX said:
The future england squad

robinson
johnson-terry-ferdinand-bridge
dyer-lampard-gerrard-j.cole
owen-rooney

That is the future of england! and its all chelsea! ;)

Where's Scholesy? And Beckham? And i dont think J.Cole can cut it at LM.
Scholesy - need him in there, creative falir cant afford him out
Beckham - ENGLAND CAPTAIN! He's saved our asses so many times.

Found this article on line, quite amusing, so what you think:

ENGLAND EURO 2004 LADDER BEGINS

Friday February 13 2004
By Sarah Winterburn

You know the idea - there are 23 places up for grabs for the Euro 2004 England squad and we take a guess who Svennis will be picking to fill them, moving folk up and down according to form, favour and criminal activity.

This is our first stab before Wednesday's friendly clash with Portugal - which might see a bit of climbing up or sliding down the ladder...

ON THE PLANE
Set in stone barring major injury (or conviction for spitting at a woman in a nightclub), despite the two strikers on the list hardly having the most explosive of seasons. But just imagine how bad Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen would have to be before they didn't get picked. Yes, that's right - Diego Forlan bad.

1. David Beckham
2. Michael Owen
3. Steven Gerrard
4. Sol Campbell
5. Paul Scholes
6. Gary Neville
7. David James
8. John Terry
9. Ashley Cole
10. Nicky Butt
11. Wayne Rooney

AT THE AIRPORT
These lot shouldn't be complacent but steady form between now and June should see them heading for Portugal rather than the usual Ayia Napa this summer. And before anyone complains about Heskey's inclusion, be realistic and accept he's probably going. It's like the day you admit to yourself there might be no Santa Claus - scary but kind of liberating.

12. Kieron Dyer
13. Wayne Bridge
14. Frank Lampard
15. Emile Heskey
16. Paul Robinson
17. Jonathan Woodgate

PACKING THEIR BAGS
If the team was being picked this week then this lot would be on the plane, but a lot can change in just a few months: they're certainly in the cheap seats. Ian Walker is clinging on despite recent performances - but only because Chris Kirkland and Richard Wright are permanently crocked - while the others shouldn't even risk glancing at their laurels (whatever that means).

18. Joe Cole
19. Matthew Upson
20. Darius Vassell
21. Owen Hargreaves
22. Jamie Carragher
23. Ian Walker

CHECKING FLIGHT AVAILABILITY
These are the guys who will get chances in the coming months and they must grab them with both hands (and not drop them, if you're Chris Kirkland). For most there will be other chances, but they'll all believe they can get there this time. They would never be so crude as to wish injuries upon others - but Nicky Butt should probably make sure he's on P Neville's side in training.

24. Scott Parker
25. Gareth Southgate
26. Phil Neville
27. Jermain Defoe
28. Chris Kirkland
29. Glen Johnson
30. Danny Murphy
31. Danny Mills

LOOKING AT BROCHURES
All bar two of these names have been in England squads before, while Shaun Wright-Phillips is soon likely to join that list if he continues his one-man campaign to keep Man City in the Premiership. The encouraging thing about this lot is their youth - you'd fancy this lot to be in the 2010 World Cup ladder too, though possibly a little loser to the top.

32. Ledley King
33. Alan Smith
34. Gareth Barry
35. Jermaine Jenas
36. Richard Wright
37. Shaun Wright-Phillips
38. JLloyd Samuel
39. James Beattie
40. Anthony Gardner

WATCHING THE TRAVEL SHOW
It will probably take a minor miracle for these lot to ne included - many of them suffering from the glut of quality midfielders England currently have at their disposal. But watch out for Alan Thompson to leave this lot behind if he actually gets a friendly chance. The rest can mostly whistle.

41. Kevin Nolan
42. Martin Keown
43. Lee Bowyer
44. Alan Thompson
45. Lee Hendrie
46. Chris Riggott
47. James Milner
48. Sean Davis
49. Francis Jeffers

GETTING A DECK CHAIR FOR THE BACK GARDEN
50. Wes Brown

What! No Ugo Ehiogu!
What do you reckon anyway? Has she got it right?

ON THE PLANE
10. Nicky Butt no guarantee he will be there

PACKING THEIR BAGS
22. Jamie Carragher been on good form but plenty of better defenders
23. Ian Walker she has to be joking

CHECKING FLIGHT AVAILABILITY
24. Scott Parker if he doesnt go its a shambles
25. Gareth Southgate ditto
26. Phil Neville him over hargreaves any day
27. Jermain Defoe if he keeps scoring he will be there imo
29. Glen Johnson rather have than carragher

LOOKING AT BROCHURES
39. James Beattie needs to start scoring again if he wants to be there
33. Alan Smith scored once in two months, why was he picked :l

thats the only ones i disagree with really, our first 11 is set in stone to be honest. its just the formation he plays to cater for different players

--------------Robinson-------------
Johnson---Ferdy---Terry---Bridge
---------------Gerrard-------------
-----Beckham--------Dyer--------
---------------Scholes-------------
---------Defoe-------Owen--------

This is what i'd like to see. Maybe i'm biased, Defoe and no Sol (scum), but i like this shape for England. There's a few players i'd like to see on the bench for definite too. Gary Neville for right-back/centre-back, Paul Konchesky for left-back/left wing, Lampard for centre mid, Wright-Phillips for right-wing, and Rooney and Beattie for upfront.

whats the deal with Gary Nev not being picked for the squad, is it just because of his headbutting antics yesterday? i cant c us going to portugal without him, unless he's injured.

Neville pulled out with an injury and so has Sol(Groin strain) so I rekon the team is gonna be.........

..............James.
Mills....Southgate...Terry..A.Cole
..................Butt
Beckham................Lampard
..................Scoles
........Owen..............Ronney

but I would play....

..........................James
...........southgate..Terry...Upson
Dyer..........................................A.Cole
............. .Beckham...........Butt
..........................Scoles
................Owen................Ronney

I agree, even though i go to the same school as he did! Where not all nutters! lol. Why aint Defoe and Parker in the squad?!? Clearly two of the best/inform young players around! Anyone agree?

Sutton and Thompson over looked again aswell. Sven knows who exactly hes gonna take in the Summer imo

Mills is shite, remember the World Cup for God Sake. . . . .

I wouldn`t even consider him at Premiership level to be honest.

I was ready to say Sutton probably has had it now and that England have enough good strikers, but if he keeps with Heskey for the battering ram up front old Sven must be on the booze, Sutton is a far better option than Heskey for the big man up front, apart from pace is better all-round than Heskey.

As for Thommo not getting in, well still can't believe Eriksson doesn't even give him a go. If Brian Kidd based it on Saturday's performance then it is a joke, it's that bad England are playing with right-footers on the left than opt for a quality left-footer.

FD

ninjabreakz said:

I see him week in week out and he is sheer class. He's a quality defender totally commited, and when he's on his day he's brilliant going forward. His only negative quality is his hot head which has cooled down under Super Mac's supervision. Mills deserves his chance.

Ledley King has been brought into the squad, because of Campbells injury. i thought he woulda stuck with keeping Gardner in there as he is at least playing in defence for spurs at the mo.

Whats the reason for Gerrard being out? Is it suspension or something?

Hes been excussed because his girl friend is about to give birth

Boro said:
ninjabreakz said:

I see him week in week out and he is sheer class. He's a quality defender totally commited, and when he's on his day he's brilliant going forward. His only negative quality is his hot head which has cooled down under Super Mac's supervision. Mills deserves his chance.

Are we both on about the same Mills :shock: ? He is good going forward, but gets killed in defence, mate.

ninjabreakz said:
Are we both on about the same Mills :shock: ? He is good going forward, but gets killed in defence, mate.

Obviously you havent seen him play week in week out. He's a rock in defence, tracks back, puts his foot in everytime, wins most balls and applies pressure to attackers. He hasnt put much of a foot wrong in the 10 odd games ive seen him at the riverside, and by the sound of it away he's been good too.

Nickybaker said:
If only he wasn't a moronic thug

He's like Savage though mate. If he played for your team you'd love him, his passion and commitment is 100% top notch. Everyone hates him except fans of the team he plays for, same as Savage. Both very good players. Anyway he's only been a "thug" once this season and even then it was only coz Ince started on him.

well who else do you play at right back?
Johnson at Chelsea is still far to inexperienced,so other then G.neville that leaves Phillip Neville and Danny Mills.I actually like Danny Mills as a player, have done since his days at Charlton in fact and thought he would of been Svens first choice right back after the WC.

i would put Johnson and both Nevilles ahead of him imo like
i was sceptical of Johnson when he went for 6million but the way he has played this season has been great

Back
Top Bottom