The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [All Platforms]

What a masterpiece this is! You can get fully immersed in the world around you with time flying by. Before I knew it three hours had passed and I have barely done anything significant, just exploring my surroundings and one cave I accidently found. Found a nice war hammer at the end...

The most fantastic thing for me is without doubt the music, it just blows you away.

I've got FIFA12, Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3 but still play Skyrim above all those. GOTY for me aswell.

What a masterpiece this is! You can get fully immersed in the world around you with time flying by. Before I knew it three hours had passed and I have barely done anything significant, just exploring my surroundings and one cave I accidently found. Found a nice war hammer at the end...

The most fantastic thing for me is without doubt the music, it just blows you away.

I've got FIFA12, Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3 but still play Skyrim above all those. GOTY for me aswell.

Should get my copy today and can't wait. Missus is off to London tonight and not back until Sunday afternoon so plenty of time spent in Skyrim for me :))

I love the TES games, for the reasons like exploring and finding random caves and loot etc really. It's so easy to get distracted from the main mission because you'll see this building as you pass by and think there could be something interesting so it's best to check. Then, as you say, hours have flown by when you're ready to move to the main mission again!

The only problem I have with these games is choosing a class to play, so many choices and I can never decide whether I'd rather be a hand-to-hand fighter or magician. And I always have to have the thievery stats high so I can pick locks and loot houses :D

DOes this game have online. I read it dont my mate said it does?

btw pc or PS3? which to buy for? I heard its been consolised. But still will get better gfx on pc

No it doesn't have online. It's a solo experience and judging by the reviews and comments, a bloody epic one at that.

Last edited:
No it doesn't have onlone. It's a solo experience and judging by the reviews and comments, a bloody epic one at that.

I know i was like wtf...but he just phoned me and was like man get if for ps3 and we can play online.

Im like wtf are you on about elder scrolls games dont have online.

Hes like this one does.

lol

SO i will buy for Pc then for sure.

Does anyone know if this game is longer than Fallout 3? If it isnt I will make sure I do all the side quests I can find to extend it.

If you're enrolling to the College of Magic, one of the quests involves stealing 3 magic books that are protected by this crazy mage. She kills me within 5 minutes every time with her fucking flames!

Ah right, I've not done that bit yet but I'm just on my way to it now. Some people are ridiculously hard to kill. One bit I must've died 30+ times because this person had a heavy axe that killed me in two hits. I legged it off in the end, I'll go back when I've got better skills.

I came across a hagraven that was stupidly hard to kill, flames that killed with 3 shots. After dying 10 times or so, I decided to just find a cliff somewhere and peppered her with arrows. Worked well enough :D

I am baffled by the combat in this game. Whilst on my way to see the greybeards I have come across a group of bandits living in two towers joined by a bridge. I have just died 5 times trying to kill them all and ended up throwing my controller on the couch and turning the game off. Some people are really easy to kill, I can power strike them with my great sword and that nearly finishes them off. Other times I will smite someone and it will go into a V.A.T.S style scene where I kill them, this seems totally random. There is this one guy in the tower with a big axe who kills me every time, I cant even block his blows, when I try he kills me with one hit. I am new to the Elder Scrolls games and I am finding the combat very odd, any help?

The combat isn't great and I've lost count of how many times I've been killed because an enemy seems impossible to kill. You just need to switch it up and try something else, maybe magic or attack from a distance with arrows.

Umm this is how it should be (and was part of the biggest complaint against Oblivion with its stupid levelling system), often you'll simply find yourself outgunned and have to run away and go back when you're stronger or have better weapons etc, or do it like me, to the west there's a giant I have zero chance of killing, to the east is a camp of bandits I have zero chance of killing, solution? Shoot the giant with an arrow so he chases you, run him towards the bandit camp and laugh from a distance as they pummel each other with you finishing the rest off at range with more arrows, then saunter in and pick up all the loot, great fun! :)

I found that scrolls and magic actually wins you big fights. I've also slowly mastered archery so I can do a lot of damage from far with my dwarven bow, then strike them with a lightning or fire bolt when nearer.

I totally forgot about magic! I have used nothing but arrows and my great sword, will try and magic him to death next time.

Does anyone know if there is a method to getting the V.A.T.S style attack?

Started this last night and had a couple of hours or so. It certainly flies in, doesn't it?

So, what I did in that time :

Chose to be a Nord as that's the route I felt most familiar with. Went away from looking like Sean Bean in Game of Thrones and chose instead to go for the Stone Cold Steve Austin look.
Escaped the dragon at the start.
Spent far too long exploring the dungeon with the other guy, taking what I needed and more.
Sneaked past the bear to increase my sneak level, then went back and slayed the bear with my two handed sword, increasing my two handed level.
Exited the dungeon.
Walked down the winding path for about 3 yards before deciding to venture off on my own, picking up several flowers and killing a bandit. Didn't kill her dog though.
Killed 4 wolves.
Shot a few arrows at a deer and missed every time.
Discovered Embershard Mine and fully explored it, killing the inhabitants and picking up the skill and spell books. Exited.
Found a house in the middle of nowhere owned by a witch called Anise. Stole her things while she was outside. Exited and was greeted by Anise, who had became hostile due to my thievery and summonded the spirit of a dog to kill me. Killed Anise. Stole her magic robes and potions.
Stabbed a bull.
Discovered the 3 standing stones and chose Warrior.
Discovered Riverwood. Chopped some firewood and sold it.
Spoke to Sven who asked me to pass on a letter to Camilla.
Got a quest off Camilla's father to find a Golden Claw.
Popped a basket/kettle on his head so he couldn't see and stole things from his shop.
Saved and went to bed.
Up to level 3 now. Much like Fallout 3, you can see the sheer scope of this game. Already I can imagine it to be much, much bigger. This is going to take up a lot of time. Really enjoying it so far.

The perks and leveling up is a little lost on me at the moment, but I'm sure that'll all become naturarl soon enough. Choosing to increase a level in something is very much like Fallout so quite familiar with all that, but I don't understand the Magicka, Health and Stamini choices as whichever one you choose goes to the same leveling up screen anyway

Still, can't wait to get back on this now.

What level are you guys on? I am on 6 and just visited the Grey Beards and upgraded my shout. I am still really weak and struggle to kill anything other than normal bandits, wolves & Apprentice magicians. On the way to the Grey Beards I came across a Frost Troll and I could not damage it! I remember reading on the loading screens that they are susceptible to fire, I equipped fire in both hands and hit him with that and it did nothing. Anyone manage to kill one of these?
I also came across some guy trying to sell me moon sugar, whatever that is, when I declined he tried to kill me with punches which I found amusing until one connected and took half my health away! I do like difficult games but this is a bit silly at times.

Scutch when you choose to level up your Magicka, Health or Stamina it increases your capacity for which ever one you choose, this is seperate from the perks.

Last edited:
I started again and I'm at Level 10 now. I found that, in my first game, I spread out my perk points too much so I wasn't really dominant in any particular area. So this time I started as a Redguard, focusing on 1-handed weapons, archery, smithery and a little destruction too. Also made sure I chose the warrior stone so my fighting skill increases as that's much more important than leveling up sneaking due to the amount of fights you're forced into.

Going much better this time, the smithery is already helping and my sword/apparel is much better than it was after 15 hours spent in my last game!

Regarding the frost troll, I legged it :LOL: Tried the fire as well, barely touched it. Tried my sword, barely touched it. So in the end I just ran past :D

But it's certainly helped to focus on melee mainly rather than split between melee and magic. Not sure I could take on trolls just yet but I reckon I'd have a better go this time.

Back
Top Bottom