The decadence of WE

It's evil and a crime what Seabass and company did to us. They are basically telling us that we are easy bait, that taking our money is as easy as taking candy from a child. They give us false advertisement, false promises, and then to add more insult to injury, they put out this pathetic patches to fix the only thing that could have saved their reputation.

What Seabass and company have done to us loyal fans is the most evil and treacherous thing imaginable.

I expect the next version to blow all of us away, if not, I will give up buying their products for many years until they earn my trust again.

Seabass, due to my willingness to forgive and forget, I will forgive you this time, but bear in mind, this next version is your last chance to try to retain me as a loyal fan of your product. You screw up, and whether you care or not, I will turn my back on you until I see that glimmer of hope in the horizon once again.

Rant over..

Peace!
;-)

PES 2008 is utter gash. I used to get so excited about the PES release date - last October I didn't even bother rushing out to buy it after playing it in the stores. It's awful and anyone who thinks it's the best football game around seriously needs their head testing - remember, Konami DON'T PAY YOU TO SUPPORT THEIR PRODUCT!

Hellenes just loves PES and hates FIFA. I cant see why he thinks FIFA is still rubbish? FIFA was rubbish year on year up until FIFA 07 on Next Gen. Since then yes the graphics do need sorting (Faces and Big Shorts and out of proportional Player Models) but other than that they need to sort out Responsiveness and cut down on the AI Cheating and thats about it!

What have konami got to do... let me think...

Make the Graphics look Next Gen (they look fuckin shite at the moment!)
Get rid of stupid cheesy shit like Dogs in master league screens and give us a RE-STRUCTURED Master League that is actually similar to real life Leagues.
No More gimmicks like TeamVision which actually doesnt do shit! If anything the AI is worse in PES2008.
Sort out this Arcade Nature and 100MPH gameplay speed.
Give us MORE control over things including more directions available to us!
No more AI Bullshit Deflections and Cheating.

If you ask me that means Konami has got MORE to do than EA... so how can FIFA still be behind PES? Simple answer... IT ISNT!

Hellenes just loves PES and hates FIFA. I cant see why he thinks FIFA is still rubbish? FIFA was rubbish year on year up until FIFA 07 on Next Gen. Since then yes the graphics do need sorting (Faces and Big Shorts and out of proportional Player Models) but other than that they need to sort out Responsiveness and cut down on the AI Cheating and thats about it!

What have konami got to do... let me think...

Make the Graphics look Next Gen (they look fuckin shite at the moment!)

Player faces look faar beyond what Ive expected. Other than that they should improve textures and players asses (they are too big).

Get rid of stupid cheesy shit like Dogs in master league screens and give us a RE-STRUCTURED Master League that is actually similar to real life Leagues.

That has serious licensing problems. Remember KONAMI is only allowed to have 2 EPL teams to "Not approach EPL in any way". Lack of licenses will hurt them more than benefit them...There is NO modchip for PS3 and the 360 has serious RROD hazards so less licenses hurts on consoles...I Agree with you however but I look on the root of the problem...

No More gimmicks like TeamVision which actually doesnt do shit!
If anything the AI is worse in PES2008.

I dont know for you but Ive noticed the AI changing playstyles and its better than PES6...However the only problem of AI and the player is the CENTER BACKS' cohesion espessialy on cut backs...

Sort out this Arcade Nature and 100MPH gameplay speed.

AMEN

Give us MORE control over things including more directions available to us!

AGREED

No more AI Bullshit Deflections and Cheating.

Youre the result of 4.5 billions years of evolution...dont expect a £40 software to defeat you without cheating...I like it the way it is even if I lose...still Ive managed to defeat the AI on "steroids" cheat mode...in ML but I had a squad of monsters thatve been improving since their 17 years old...

If you ask me that means Konami has got MORE to do than EA... so how can FIFA still be behind PES? Simple answer... IT ISNT!

Ive already said twice why FIFA08 sucks IMO...And I still find PES2008 "fifised" and thats its main problem...

PS Its odd how EA is trying to make FIFA like pes and KONAMI to make pes like fifa dont you think?

Maybe a solution for the 100MPH gameplay speed is playing on Regular difficulty. This is the first time i play on this difficulty and i did find it slower paced. Professional and Top Player are seriously fast and filled with cheats.

I've given up all hope on SP with PES. Its too easy and the AI's style of play is very unrealistic. I really enjoy MP still though.

imo PES flaws are FIFA's strengths and vice versa.

I also enjoy FIFA MP, however there are things that really annoy me as much as the flaws PES has.

FIFA Goods:
- Speed cant win you a game like in PES
- Overall passing and plays look and feel more real
- You can have very balanced games, more so than PES
- Looks real from a distance
FIFA Bads:
- Goalie Rushes
- Fouls are awful
- Feels heavy, mainly due to response
- Star players dont feel unique like in PES
- Player likeliness

PES Goods:
- Player likeliness and uniqueness. I.e. you just know with Juninho his free kicks are awesome. You can feel Kaka or Cristiano Ronaldo
- The plays and shots can be so much fun. As well as goalie rushes!!!
- It doesnt feel as complicated as FIFA
- Scoring a nice goal feels so satisfying because of the atmosphere and animations
PES Bads:
- High speed stats can win you a game
- You can easily make something simple look very unrealistic, such as heel flicks
- Stupid AI mistakes such as goalie parries or a defender just misses a ball
- Defense is non existent

As you can see, these are just gameplay issues I have with both games. I enjoy both, so all I can hope for is a better PES 2009 and better FIFA 09. What annoys me most is how the best of FIFA is the worst of PES.

Last edited:
Ive already said twice why FIFA08 sucks IMO...And I still find PES2008 "fifised" and thats its main problem...

PS Its odd how EA is trying to make FIFA like pes and KONAMI to make pes like fifa dont you think?
EA recognise that for years Winning Eleven HAS been in front. It has given us a much better gameplay experience than FIFA over the years. This year though The balance of power has shifted IMO. Also im pretty convinced that FIFA Next Gen is more realistic than PES in lots of ways. I think Physics play a huge part in how FIFA moves and how in particular the players and the ball move. In PES this ISNT the case. Its on a scripted path.

Look both games are shit and not what next gen footy games should be.

Take goalkeeping on both games. It belongs to the CPU and is not controlled by the player and it's been this way since the 1st games.
We should decide when/why and in which direction a keeper dives. Whether he catches or parries should be upto the player and not CPU.

Also, we need both EA and Konami to perform so that the one can keep the other striving to be the best.

Agree about keepers. Not sure what both EA and Konami have done.....

But Konami need to cut out all the bollocks and STOP this arcade fest before it completely RUINS the series. Also the excuse "we are having difficulties getting to grips with the Next Gen Consoles" doesnt do it for me either!

Problem is we are paying full price for their problems.

As dissappointing as it is that GTA IV is delayed, hats off to rockstar for taking their reputation and the fans into consideration and not giving a half arsed game that still would have sold.

I honestly think Seabass needs to stick all his eggs in one basket and only develop for one console. Whether thats 360 or PS3 is irrelevant.

Thats a pathetic excuse they make 4 times more money on multiplat...I just believe that KONAMI should quit the whole licensing deal and concentrate on gameplay...but sadly this would mean that only PC users will be satisfied with the game...

Look both games are shit and not what next gen footy games should be.

Take goalkeeping on both games. It belongs to the CPU and is not controlled by the player and it's been this way since the 1st games.
We should decide when/why and in which direction a keeper dives. Whether he catches or parries should be upto the player and not CPU.

Also, we need both EA and Konami to perform so that the one can keep the other striving to be the best.

I think it would be impossible to control the keeper completely! How can you do the defenders and the keeper at the same time? It would be a farce.

I think just having control of the keeper - making him come out is good enough. But in Fifa this is flawed a bit.

There is no way you could use your defenders trying to close in on an attacker and then swap to the keeper and guess where the attacker is going to shoot. It would have to shift into a camera just behind the keeper, just for you to have a chance!

If people controlled their own keepers fully - you would have scorelines of about 10 - 10 it would be ridiculous.

You could maybe have options to punch the ball or catch it. Or dive at players feet or keep standing when one on ones. But anything else would be too complicated.

They need to sort out so many other things before they sort this out.

Come now Bobbybox that was just an example of how football games are in a rut.
Its time for a developer to think outside of the box.

Also I dont mean fully manual goalkeepers. I was thinking more in lines of being reactive and putting it in the hands of the player. But they need to do something FFS. Not just regurgitate the same thing over and over.

Come now Bobbybox that was just an example of how football games are in a rut.
Its time for a developer to think outside of the box.

Also I dont mean fully manual goalkeepers. I was thinking more in lines of being reactive and putting it in the hands of the player. But they need to do something FFS. Not just regurgitate the same thing over and over.

Ooh I see - I thought you meant to control him fully :) Silly me.

I totally agree with you then :)

am tired of graphic improvements nets player hairs or jerseys wind, leave the graphics at a rest for couple of years and create a near perfect gameplay for god sake...

As ive said before they wont produce near perfect gameplay..... it then leaves them with nothing to improve for next years title!!

yeah perfect for us bad for them because they make money by making little improvements or none so they can keep on "promising" for next versions ( $ )

Back
Top Bottom