Test Drive UNLIMITED

hhm, i am from europe france, i don't know if is something to do with the heavy conaction over here, as everybody trying to download the demo at the same time??? i will give it a try tomorrow agen anyway

Demo 2? bike handling physics = shite! nice looking cars and other visuals but the game is crap still! I think ill stick to Gotham 3

DJ

It's one of those FIFA-esque games, every time I see screenshots of it I think "let me have another go on the demo, it can't have been that bad", and when I do I come to my senses for another few weeks. The graphics are fab, but the programmers don't have a clue how to get up to the level of PGR's handling. Which is a shame, because the artists know how to make it look good.

are there any reviews out right now? i am really in the need of a new 360 game, but not sure...might give the new demo a go...

Welll the game got a 9 in the uk game informer i think. Plus in genral to say the game stinks is very premature. i think the ONLY thing that is the a bad thing is the fact that there is no night mode. just sunny dusk and overcast with rain or no rain...

How an earth did it get 9? it got 8/10 and was a must buy according to the XBox 360 mag.. what were those guys smoking or drinking? this game is utter shite! the only good bits are the graphics and the MMO element.

DJ

i pretty much like it (tried the demo)

considering this is still a console game, and not every casual gamer at least gets the semi-pro microsoft wheel for a more realistic experience, it feels pretty good for playing with a controller. reminds me a lot of need for speed 4. (which was awesome back then.)

i played a lot of simulations with steering wheel on my computer, and i think they got it allright going more into the arcade direction. i'd give it a 8,5 / 10 :)

Well... twathead I play saints row like your showing, PGR3 and Moto GP06 and GRAW.... so thats me playing nothing?

DJ

i played the demo and i liked it alot

so im gonna get the full game soon, its looks quite a laugh online

Yes the GFX are but that IMHO is one of the only decent things going for this game, that and the Massively Multiplayer Online part of it which may tempt me to get it if enough people play it.

DJ

I gotta say for one thing. I do not like gran turismo or need for speed I play burnout cuz well who doesn't and I pretty much stay clear from anything to sim unless it's nascar(don't ask me why i even like motogp becuase of the repetivness in courses)However this game is like the start of anew genre in racing. i have never seen you have the ability to just up and go everywhere ever. EVERY little detail is almost in this game. for whoevers ever taken a roadtrip or just gone on the highway or even driven has to admit that they have captured this very"everday' driving mechanic down to a tea. It's being called the Gta OF racers right now. the island is just gorgeous and even though they have no night mode it NEVER ever looks they same. the sun comes from a different angle the clouds form different shapes and the sky becomes cloudy clear or hazy. the car models are nothin short of just right. There are a few issues but it's being sold at 40 dollars and to me those ren't even issues anymore. it's hard to nitpick but even the simple way the driving is laid out oin the controller make it so excessible to non racing enthusiast that it's done well for that purpose. It's not a sim yet its a sim on real life driving. utterly worth it one of the best games i've ever played

Its just the lack of Physics and lack of crash damage and realism that beats me. I cant stand games like that.

DJ

I'm hopefully getting this tomorrow guys,purely just for the online mode.

So its bye bye to PGR3(trade to game)

Should be a great laugh online,where THOUSANDS can all play on the island at the same time.

Bumper,have you played online yet,and is it any good ???

Slightly off topic,but have they released a patch for saints row yet,I was thinking about getting it,but after reading the reviews(game freezing etc)I thought I would hang fire for a while.

jambotommy said:
Slightly off topic,but have they released a patch for saints row yet,I was thinking about getting it,but after reading the reviews(game freezing etc)I thought I would hang fire for a while.

Not yet i would hang on for a bit, its a good game just bugged to fuck. How come TDU is $40 in the US and £40 here?

jay666 said:
Not yet i would hang on for a bit, its a good game just bugged to fuck. How come TDU is $40 in the US and £40 here?

Cause Atari are bastards.

First impressions.....shite. If you are expecting PGR on an island then I am afraid its a long way off. I have seen comments about the graphics being great, I dont think they are, it looks like an average PC game. thats not why I have 360

Average PC game? what have you been smoking? the graphics I think are this games strong point and IMHO they look awesome, especially in HD the games graphics get 9/10 for me, its just the lifeless Gameplay that beats me, I cannot enjoy this game for the life of me. Your right about the PGR bit though.

DJ

I played my friends version and yes the gameplay is pretty lifeless! online should be great though.

the graphics could be better. the character models suck!

To Test Drive or not to Test Drive that is the question!!! Will have to try out the new demo first.

Holio... depends, do you like Gotham/Forza games? If so you possibly wont like Test Drive, as I stated before the nice GFX and Massive Multiplayer Online aspect of it appeal to me.

DJ

Had a change of heart regarding test drive,Played the demo several times,but just couldn't find any of it as fun.

Bought Ridge Racer 6 instead.

Now thats a game.

Brilliant stuff,with superb online mode.

"Watch out,there using nitrous"

LOL

jay666 said:
Not yet i would hang on for a bit, its a good game just bugged to fuck.

Yeah,Thanks for the reply jay,I'll hang on and see when a patch comes out,because,to be honest,I really only play online,so that being so bugged just ain't right for me.

:)

Back
Top Bottom