Tecmo World Soccer '96 (Arcade/NeoGeo)

jumbo

Premiership
30 May 2003
WE Heaven
The BEST arcade footy game EVER. Awesome. Takes me back. I spent so much money on this frickin arcade and could never get past the second game. Now I can relive the memories thanks to MAME and you can too!

I use a usb-to-dual shock converter and play with my ps2 pad. :) I'll post a movie on youtube sometime.

Best nets ever, better than Football Kingdom!! :D

tws96.gif

tws96-03.png

tws96-02.png

Also check out, Dream Soccer '94. Similar game.

i used to play this too, But I have to say that Virtua Striker 2002 had the best nets ever

Mexico 86 was a fantastic game for me back in the Arcade days, that and the World Cup game which featured the roller-ball, can't recall the actual name of it though.

FD

back in the arcade days, I must say that Nintendo World Cup is one of the best arcade games I ever played.

Special shots, hard tackles and challenges.. players that fly accross the field.. soooooo funny!!

Here's also an Italian wikipedia page, way more detailed, for the ones who know a bit of Italian ;)

Personal fave was Tecmo world cup 90 - again now available on mame. Never got past game 4.......

Best Arcadesoccer was the Supersidekicks series, it looks similar to the first post! I have played this game hundrets of Times in Greek Arcades in the 90's! Unbelivable 2 player Matches!!!

yeah it really was a good series. if I had to say, I'd say super sidekicks 2 (or "the world championship" as it used to be called) was the top game of the series.

an ode to fair play I must say. you could actually tackle your opponents with bad moves and eventually, when being carded, SLAP THE REFEREE.
..and do you remember when a goalie saved a penalty? so polite, wasn't it?

that game ruined a whole generation of soccer players but indeed it was worth.

Back
Top Bottom