1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Tecmo World Soccer '96 (Arcade/NeoGeo)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by jumbo, 20 August 2007.

1. jumbo

jumbo Premiership

30 May 2003
    WE Heaven
    The BEST arcade footy game EVER. Awesome. Takes me back. I spent so much money on this frickin arcade and could never get past the second game. Now I can relive the memories thanks to MAME and you can too!

I use a usb-to-dual shock converter and play with my ps2 pad. :) I'll post a movie on youtube sometime.

Best nets ever, better than Football Kingdom!! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also check out, Dream Soccer '94. Similar game.

2. wejunky

wejunky bunnywhi7e

24 April 2006
    Here and there.
    Arsenal, FC Porto
    oh good old days.

3. Dazfeeder

Dazfeeder Harvester of Sorrow

24 September 2003
    Manchester United
    i used to play this too, But I have to say that Virtua Striker 2002 had the best nets ever

4. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Mexico 86 was a fantastic game for me back in the Arcade days, that and the World Cup game which featured the roller-ball, can't recall the actual name of it though.

FD

5. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    On the hype train
    Cunturipa!
    back in the arcade days, I must say that Nintendo World Cup is one of the best arcade games I ever played.

Special shots, hard tackles and challenges.. players that fly accross the field.. soooooo funny!!

Here's also an Italian wikipedia page, way more detailed, for the ones who know a bit of Italian ;)

6. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Personal fave was Tecmo world cup 90 - again now available on mame. Never got past game 4.......

7. jimis

jimis Greek WE Maniac

7 September 2004
    Germany
    Best Arcadesoccer was the Supersidekicks series, it looks similar to the first post! I have played this game hundrets of Times in Greek Arcades in the 90's! Unbelivable 2 player Matches!!!

8. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    On the hype train
    Cunturipa!
    yeah it really was a good series. if I had to say, I'd say super sidekicks 2 (or "the world championship" as it used to be called) was the top game of the series.

an ode to fair play I must say. you could actually tackle your opponents with bad moves and eventually, when being carded, SLAP THE REFEREE.
    ..and do you remember when a goalie saved a penalty? so polite, wasn't it?

that game ruined a whole generation of soccer players but indeed it was worth.