Technical issue with gaming chair?

D

DagsJT

I've got my PS3 connected to my monitor through a HDMI->DVI cable, and I'm using the RCA cables to connect audio to my X-Rocker gaming chair.

Occasionally, and there's no regular pattern whatsoever, my chair will either "pop"/"click" and I lose the display on my monitor, or it makes a kind of ... rumble noise which again causes me to lose my picture (or in this case it makes my screen go into snow).

I can't understand 1) why my chair is making these noises, and 2) how would the chair doing this affect my display? The RCA cables being used have to also be connected to the AV Output connector on the PS3 (audio and video are on the same lead for some odd reason) but surely my chair shouldn't be sending any kind of signal to the PS3 causing it to knock the display off for a second or two?

It sounds more like something external is causing interference and the click/pop through the speakers and distortion on your screen is just how it affects those two seperate things.

Have you tried just disconnecting the audio connections to the chair, leaving everything else how it would be when you normally play (chair switched on etc.) and playing for a bit to see if you get interference either through the speakers or your display? It might help at least pin down the cause.

That said, I had some Creative speakers a few years ago that the sub on them every now and then would randomly pop and click, they weren't directly connected to anything else other than audio but it turned out to be a fault with the sub and it was replaced.

I guess if the chair is faulty it could conceivably interfere with whatever it's connected to.

I'll give it a try tomorrow with no audio connected to the chair. It's very odd.

Back
Top Bottom