Tax Codes and Jobs

Sean

Championship
30 October 2006
United Road
Manchester United
Right as you all know from my posts in the "Things that piss me off thread" I have 2 jobs which the post can be found here

I'm planning on starting my Cardroom job ASAP to earn some income until I start my new full-time job which is on the 20th April now when I start that I'm planning on only working the Cardroom job at weekends.

Now my problem is as the full-time job is my second job as I'd hope not to get taxed on that while I'm still earning below 6k (as time progresses with the full-time I'll earn more than 6k) Now as for the cardroom I'm preferring that to be taxed.

How does tax codes work do they tax you on basis of income assessment or just tax you to whichever job you started first?

Help?

Surely you'll just get taxed for both jobs with your income added up and taxed in the appropriate bracket? Otherwise everyone can do a 1 day week job for nothing and the rest of the week have a proper job tax free. Although you can count yourselves lucky anyway, we pay 42% over here!

Surely you'll just get taxed for both jobs with your income added up and taxed in the appropriate bracket? Otherwise everyone can do a 1 day week job for nothing and the rest of the week have a proper job tax free. Although you can count yourselves lucky anyway, we pay 42% over here!

But iirc correctly I can earn under 6k tax-free then when i start earning over 6k i get taxed 20%? I'm a student still in full-time education. Although classes have finished for the year now with 2 exams needed to be done.

But iirc correctly I can earn under 6k tax-free then when i start earning over 6k i get taxed 20%? I'm a student still in full-time education. Although classes have finished for the year now with 2 exams needed to be done.

It depends what wage you get for you full time job. If you earn a certain amount a week that would add up to over 6k if you worked the whole year. Then they will tax you from that amount.

If you don't work the whole year though and they have taxed you, you will get a rebate.

So say you earned £250 a week - you will get taxed on earning 13,000k a year. So from your first payslip you will be taxed. If it turns out you only work a few weeks or a couple of months then you will get a rebate.

But yeah - I am pretty sure you get taxed the same on both jobs. They add them together.

This is how I think it works so don't take it as gospal :DD

Or gospel ;)).

No Gospal

'Gos' Measures the probability that a call will be unable to be established during the busy hour due to insufficient capacity being available.

'Pal' an informal word for a friend.

Stick them together and you have my meaning.

'Gospal' the probability of the information given due to the hour of the day may be wrong....my friend

;))

I start work a week on monday and on average I'd get 350 per week nd the contract runs until end of September.

Back
Top Bottom