Subbuteo (DS)

D

DagsJT

505 Games is set to release a Nintendo DS version of Subbuteo in September.

Developed by Italian outfit Artematica, it lets you flick players around the pitch with the stylus as you'd expect and also has online multiplayer.

According to 505's description, you'll use the stylus on the touch-screen to position players, attack, defend, pass and shoot, then click a finger-flick icon to choose angle and power "just like the real thing".

Meanwhile, the top screen provides "real-time feedback on all the match action with fouls, goals and even those all-important aerobatic shots".

In addition to a tutorial, there are tournaments and leagues, multiplayer via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and a game editor for changing player names and colours and creating new teams.

505 MD Ian Howe reckons "only the Nintendo DS could bring to life the touch and feel of the beautiful game in such an entertaining and engaging way", perhaps having observed how Spain and Italy certainly couldn't the other day.

"The huge DS market will also allow us to take Subbuteo to the entire family, in much the same way we all first played the game when we were young," he finished.

Check out our Subbuteo DS screenshot gallery for more clues on how this will work.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=160802

Graphics don't look exactly awesome but I can imagine it being fun :))

I think I'm going to buy this. Huge fan of the original figures, I had the pitch, stands, flood lights.... throw in men etc. THey rocked!!

I had the astro-turf roll-up pitch, twenty teams, four stands, a scoreboard (that was so old it was like playing in Match of the Day 72), four floodlights (although one flickered and was sellotaped up, ruined the atmosphere), and three balls for all weather. Those were the days. I'll be getting this.

Wow - what a cool idea - dont know why it hasnt been done before (on DS).

Should be great to play using the stylus replacing the finger. I'll be looking for this one!

Subbuteo was shit but when it was all set up with stands and stuff it looked awesome

I got this for my 8th birthday (that is 38 years ago).
I've played that games for hours and hours. I made a European superleague which was always won by my favourite team (boy dit i cheat).
For some reason the matches between Rangers and Real Madrid always ended with huge scores: 12-10 or something like that.

I had top scorers and top assisters competition and kept it all in a special map and even did some commentary that i recorded with a tape recorder...

I played this a long time until i really fell in love with a girl for the first team (i must have been 16). I took a vow that i would give the Subbuteo game to a cousin if she said yes...She said yes, she was the sweetest girl i've ever seen until then...i was in 7th heaven and gave away my Subbuteo...a week or two later she dropped me for one of my best friends...i don't know if he had a Subbuteo, but i best the bastard would have kept it...

I had the astro-turf roll-up pitch, twenty teams, four stands, a scoreboard (that was so old it was like playing in Match of the Day 72), four floodlights (although one flickered and was sellotaped up, ruined the atmosphere), and three balls for all weather. Those were the days. I'll be getting this.
I remember me and a mate saved up to buy the floodlights we turned of all the lights in the room to have proper night games, they were so poor they gave of less light than a match, we got eight of the sods before we just gave up... :LOL:

I got this for my 8th birthday (that is 38 years ago).
I've played that games for hours and hours. I made a European superleague which was always won by my favourite team (boy dit i cheat).
For some reason the matches between Rangers and Real Madrid always ended with huge scores: 12-10 or something like that.

I had top scorers and top assisters competition and kept it all in a special map and even did some commentary that i recorded with a tape recorder...

I played this a long time until i really fell in love with a girl for the first team (i must have been 16). I took a vow that i would give the Subbuteo game to a cousin if she said yes...She said yes, she was the sweetest girl i've ever seen until then...i was in 7th heaven and gave away my Subbuteo...a week or two later she dropped me for one of my best friends...i don't know if he had a Subbuteo, but i best the bastard would have kept it...
Let that be a lesson to us all no girl is worth giving up your Subbuteo, mines tucked away in the loft... ;))

Back
Top Bottom