Starfield – September 6, 2023: Xbox Series X and Series S, Microsoft Windows

I don't know if this game broke Metascore but I just checked it and it was sitting at 88 with 25+ reviews and now there is no score and no reviews.

Edit: It was probably just the tab between Xbox and PC that I accidentally pressed. It's at 88 for PC and no reviews yet for Xbox.

IGN and Gamespot both award it a seven. But that is still far from the at least currently great avarage score. The complaints I've read so far mostly seem like things that would be easy to make better with a patch.

Last edited:
I don't know if this game broke Metascore but I just checked it and it was sitting at 88 with 25+ reviews and now there is no score and no reviews.

Edit: It was probably just the tab between Xbox and PC that I accidentally pressed. It's at 88 for PC and no reviews yet for Xbox.

IGN and Gamespot both award it a seven. But that is still far from the at least currently great avarage score. The complaints I've read so far mostly seem like things that would be easy to make better with a patch.
As expected tbh. Everyone knew this wasn't going to be a masterpiece. Larian knew it and they rushed the release of their game. Win/win situation for them. Starfield standard edition is on Gamepass, game is mod friendly, it will be fun eventually but if people expected BG3 quality here they don't have a clue about videogaming.

It looks so good on XSS. Cant wait for today to play.
I’m a little annoyed that I held off buying a XSS and still haven’t brought a S or X. There was a really good deal before, but I was worried about “downgrades” on the S version. Really glad for all S owners though that it’s a great experience!

I’m a little annoyed that I held off buying a XSS and still haven’t brought a S or X. There was a really good deal before, but I was worried about “downgrades” on the S version. Really glad for all S owners though that it’s a great experience!
It has limits of course, but that deal is sick. Next gen gaming for 300e.

I got it when it came out. I just love that little console.

i really thought I would get it but those loading screens (especially for simple stuff) are doing my head in! 🤯
i would get annoyed very soon, that im sure of.
but hey, there is plenty of other good stuff to play! 😊 you guys enjoy your adventures! 👋

Last edited:
i really thought I would get it but those loading screens (especially for simple stuff) are doing my head in! 🤯
i would get annoyed very soon, that im sure of.
but hey, there is plenty of other good stuff to play! 😊 you guys enjoy your adventures! 👋

It's not too bad tbh, things like going into certain stores can trigger it but on an SSD it's super fast :)

Jesus!! IT looks like reskin of oblivion!!! So old same mechanics. Did they finish it 15 years ago and released now?

It's not too bad tbh, things like going into certain stores can trigger it but on an SSD it's super fast :)
I cant stand that constant loading in 2023… at least it reads massive. Even when there is fast travel… wich then takes away from the actual space ship part… 🤯
Even only 2-4 secs… all the time… na. I wouldn’t like that.

• Get in ship (load screen)
  • Go to orbit (load screen)
  • Select somewhere to jump (load screen)
  • There’s no hyperdrive animation or anything to give the feeling of travel, just fades to black and you appear at destination stationary.
  • Select place to land (load screen)
  • Enter a building (load screen)
  • Walk a few rooms in the building (another load screen).
https://www.gamesradar.com/starfiel...ing-screens-im-shocked-by-how-many-there-are/

Just reading this and seeing it in videos makes me scratch my head. I’m just a sensitive Monk! 😂

Last edited:
  • Get in ship (load screen)
  • Go to orbit (load screen)
  • Select somewhere to jump (load screen)
  • There’s no hyperdrive animation or anything to give the feeling of travel, just fades to black and you appear at destination stationary.
  • Select place to land (load screen)
  • Enter a building (load screen)
  • Walk a few rooms in the building (another load screen

is it really the case?
getting into the ship, flying away and landing - I can accept loading screens there.
But loading screens when entering buildings, or after couple of rooms is a bit of a joke.

It was hyped as the biggest space exploration game, but its not really space exploration game, isnt it?
its planets exploration. there's fuck all actual space flying there..

is it really the case?
getting into the ship, flying away and landing - I can accept loading screens there.
But loading screens when entering buildings, or after couple of rooms is a bit of a joke.

It was hyped as the biggest space exploration game, but its not really space exploration game, isnt it?
its planets exploration. there's fuck all actual space flying there..
From what I’ve seen in reviews and read online, yes.
it really hampers the experience for me, especially the exploring part.
i like the space ship builder part though, that’s super nice, imo.

as i got it, its not a space sim, it’s „just“ a space game. And I’d be good with that if tech (above mentioned) was more 2023…

I'm sure the game looks fantastic and it has a shit-ton of replay value, but I'm not hearing good things about the lack of optimization and some bugs. Players with beefy rigs are getting 45fps or less. I'm also hearing the game doesn't run well on Nvidia cards.

Last edited:
wow...
This is so disappointing

I really hoped we will get first ever proper immersive space game on consoles.

I could not immerse myself into Elite Dangerous on consoles, coz you cant walk on planets.

I could not immerse myself into No Mans Sky, coz all planets are full of life and everything is too colourful.

I was hoping this will be it.
And what we got is teleporting into instances first person shooter, with ZERO immersion. There's no feeling that you just traveled a huge distance and are far away from home.
You just click on places and teleport there.

id be much more pissed off, but I did have a feeling that it will be shite for a while now.

Last edited:
wow...
This is so disappointing

I could not immerse myself into Elite Dangerous on consoles, coz you cant walk on planets.

I could not immerse myself into No Mans Sky, coz all planets are full of life and everything is too colourful.

And what we got is teleporting into instances first person shooter, with ZERO immersion. There's no feeling that you just traveled a huge distance and are far away from home.

id be much more pissed off, but I did have a feeling that it will be shite for a while now.
The stuff about companions really rings true with me with Bethesda games - Fallout 4 was one of my most highly anticipated games, and instead of companions really adding to your story and merging parts of their life with you (which is how it feels playing something like Divinity: Original Sin 2), they just act as walking cupboards for you to fill up with all the shit guns you don't want but want to sell later on.

It's on Game Pass so I'll likely give it a go at some point, but Oblivion took me 10+ years to complete and I've promised myself I'll not play Skyrim until I've finished Witcher 3, so I don't know that I'll ever give it a serious go...

(Completely unrelated, but the graphics really frustrate me in Bethesda games. Graphics have moved on such a long way, but their faces are always so cartoony and silly - really takes me out of the experience.)

..and before anyone says that the guy from the clip is a troll - looks at his previous videos about Starfield. he was hyped as fuck and waited for this game like child for Xmas.

the game is simply nowhere near next gen. Nowhere near the quality we were all promised.

wow...
This is so disappointing

There wasn't any indication, gameplay proof this game would include all these you've mentioned. Gamers should know by now and don't believe in hype. Until the 31st August there were only a few videos of gameplay. If a company dev has confidence in its product will show huge amounts of gameplay prior to the release.
Now let's wait for 2 years for modders to fix the game, if they can do it. BGS took the money and ran, this is the sad truth. They will also milk the game for the next 10 years relying to modders to increase the sales.

I’ve read/watched a bit about it all. The space stuff is very disappointing. But also every reviewer who’s played it enough at least has said this, that it doesn’t play like a usual Bethesda game, there’s not much exploring as in go to some random place and end up finding something exciting. Instead, there’s still loads of open-ended missions that genuinely sound brilliant. Someone who played it said they were really disappointed in the game until they realised you can’t play it like your usual Bethesda game. That is really disappointing as that’s a classic thing with their games. The going off somewhere random and finding something cool. But, it does sound like there’s a lot of good in it still.

Back
Top Bottom