Stamina in a short competition is still flawed...

ghnogueira

Go Corinthians!
8 November 2005
Brazil
Corinthians
I'm sad to see Konami haven't fixed yet stamina on short competitions, like the Cup for example. I just played a "World Cup" with Denmark, and put Spain on my group. This was their starting 11 for the first match:

Casillas, Puyol, Piqué, Sergio Ramos, Capdevila; Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Riera; Torres, Villa.

Now I faced Spain on the finals, and look at their starting 11:

Reina, Raúl Albiol, Marchena, Sergio Ramos, Arbeloa; Marcos Senna, Fàbregas, Santi Cazorla, Silva; Villa, Güiza.

It's ridiculous! Look in the history of recent World Cups, and you'll see teams change only a couple of players, and that's due to one going better than the other, never because 90% of the team is just tired. That's bollocks!!!

And the same happened in the quarter and semi-finals, when I faced very reserve Brazil and Argentina.

What's the point of playing a league like that when you reach the finals you don't get to face the biggest stars???

What more can be said, you are spot on. It's just one of the many strange issues in the game and it's disappointing when you reach a final only to play the opposition's B-Team. The QA process of the game seems to have been skipped & was pretty much released in a beta state.

But to be fair I never checked if it was related to stamina I just figured it was another quirky game decision. Haven't played the game in a while but I can't say MY own team's stamina was adversely affected by the final stage so whether it's stamina related or an oversight I can't quite say.

I disable this "feature" before starting the competition because it's ridiculous as you also mentioned...
Shame on Konami again for not solving such issues...

Back
Top Bottom