Stamina Drains Quickly

titon

Non-League
9 November 2006
First sorry fro english ;)

The players stamina in ML in PES2008 drains very very quickly or is my fault?

Greets.. :8):

BTW its a sprint button, not a run button, you are meant to use it to get away from defenders for a short burst, not hold it down!

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

BTW its a sprint button, not a run button, you are meant to use it to get away from defenders for a short burst, not hold it down!

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
what aj said

Why would you want to remove stamina?? It makes it more realistic. Just play more intelligently and utilise your full squad on a rotation basis, you cannot go far wrong there.

I'm currently playing a League with Liverpool, granted I would like Gerrard to play every game but I rest him every 3 games or so so that he recovers for me, I like stamina and how it works.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day

Yeah, but it's just not that realistic. Gerrard can play more than five games without being totally exhausted, in PES he can't play even three games..

If you're so bothered play the League instead of the Master League and disable the option that moves stamina from one match to another.

no, it's a crap idea. why should we have to skip a feature in the game because of crap programming because at the end of the day, the stamina system is unrealistic whatever way you look at it.

Indeed.

Yet I disagree, while PES2008 has faults (like all games), the stamina is very important, and implemented nicely into the game. Making you utilize your entire squad, which is better for your team to have 2nd or even 3rd string line ups available in case of star injuries, etc.

I play mini-tournaments with a few mates, and accumulated fatigue is always important, though not the only deciding factor. I'm never that good on the 1st leg, so usually the person I am playing gets over excited and tries to slot as many goals as quickly as possible, just holding down the sprint button the whole time. This makes me lose, because it is constant attack, but i never let them get more than 2 goals on me and I can net a couple.
By the 2nd leg I've got a fully fit team, and a bit of practice. Where as my opponent has only half-fit players and their performance indicators are worse than the last game. I can usually slot 3 or 4 in the first half, make some subs in the 2nd half, win the match 5-3 or more on aggregate.

Stamina is crucial to tournaments, and PES 2008 has this almost perfect. To win multiple games against other people, use it as a strategy and you can beat anyone.

Yup, the game is supposed to be a simulation, which means you actually have to THINK about how you play it. Just running around the pitch at a full sprint all the time is a very FIFA-ish way to play the game.Its a much more rewarding experience to pass the ball around in build up play and then play the killer final pass.Besides, if you sprint all the time, the one time you need to sprint to get away from a defender it wont have the desired effect cos your player has been sprinting for maybe 60 minutes of the game already.

in this episode this aspect has been improved
if you make changes the new player gets a realistic amount of stamina drain
you have a way better managing of changing turnover ;)

and goalkeepers too don't suffer too much in comparison to the other players
it just took too much time for konami to introduce such things

just like in fantasista mode for jlwe2007cc you have to use different type of run
use your teammates to stop your opponents not just chase them with the same player
maybe the changing player routine needs improvement (just like in fifa08 selecting the player with the right stick would be just PERFECT!)

i'm enjoying a ml with liverpool too and maybe the resistance of gerrard is a little understimated but during matches he runs so much around the fild that it sounds enough realistic :)

Its ridiculous. I got PES 2008 today and have already run into a multitude of bugs.

First one is that the game crashes into a black screen when i exit the game. The second is that the game's stamina is totally unrealistic. I was playing Master League, and one of my players "dodo" had to be subbed after 5 minutes of play because he was totally exhausted, despite only playing one game before hand.

Konami better fix this.

The problem here is that, in real life, even if a player completely runs himself dry in a match, if he rests (no matches, conservative training) for a full week, he is going to recover pretty good. However you look at it, it's not realistic having a top player half-knackered a full 7 days after a rough match. And playing with anything but the top players looks like a circus. Poorer players have way too low balanced stamina. This is professional footballers after all.

As for the stamina gauge itself, I can't say it depleats too quickly as you say. It's not like the players are dead when it reaches the bottom. But the recovery of stamina and fatigue between matches is horrible. If you play a player to below 50% stamina, a week later he will still suffer from it sometimes. Completely unrealistic.

The problem here is that, in real life, even if a player completely runs himself dry in a match, if he rests (no matches, conservative training) for a full week, he is going to recover pretty good. However you look at it, it's not realistic having a top player half-knackered a full 7 days after a rough match. And playing with anything but the top players looks like a circus. Poorer players have way too low balanced stamina. This is professional footballers after all.

As for the stamina gauge itself, I can't say it depleats too quickly as you say. It's not like the players are dead when it reaches the bottom. But the recovery of stamina and fatigue between matches is horrible. If you play a player to below 50% stamina, a week later he will still suffer from it sometimes. Completely unrealistic.

Try playing a libero defender in early master league with a fatigued player. Its a joke.

I tried 3 times as an experiment, with different players. For two of them i had to sub them after 30 minutes of game time.

If only tweaking this game was possible without this darn AFS explorer stuff.

Yeah it is bollocks that i pretty much have to rest someone like Van der Vaart every 3 or 4 games because he's tired. If they play midweek games, then fatigue will accumulate but irl, theres plenty of players who play 38 games a season and get on with it.

Football Manager has this down fine, why Pro needed to get involved i'll never know.

BEsides, its a football game, you need the sprint button most of the time anyway, either to catch up with attackers or beat full backs.

I agree the fatigue system is poorly made. Try to play a tournament with cumulative fatigue. I had to change my goalie for the second game of the tournament since he was nearly dead. Goalkeepers don't get tired. And all of the players can play the required seven tournament games in a row. I like the idea of fatigue but the idea of having to change my team dramatically for every game is far from realism. The fact that cpu do not get fatigued no matter what the indicator says feels rotten. And the cpu team is always the default team no matter how many games you've played. This was different in PES 6 and has been totally fucked up since then.

Waiting for an editor to change every players stamina to 99. That helped in PES 6. It made the fatigue system a bit more like in real life. It still wasn't perfect but at least better.

I've played league now without the cumulative fatigue. It takes one important aspect away from the game. Yet I still rotated my squad depending on players' form. The cpu don't.

It isn't really much of a problem, you just have to control your sprinting, use it in bursts.

I've played full tournaments without changing my squad, the fatigue didn't really affect my team...

Although I agree on PES5 the stamina was horrible, I never used accumulated fatigue when playing cups.

it's been improved in the last 2, IMO

Anyone else find the fitness arrows an absolute joke? Before I returned the game I had a ML going with Manchester United.

For the first 5 games, Vidic was completly unfit! I couldn't understand this, then when Vida finally got a green arrow, Ferdinand got the unfit arrow. So stupid, I think I managed one game where I was able to play them both together. These are professional athletes ffs!

Master League is just such a poor game mode. Development is unrealistic, fan rating/interaction is just a ridiculous ploy to sell it and I find them highly annoying, TeamVision is either non-existant or a fancy name for the traditional AI cheating which is even worse than PES6 master league, stamina is a joke, fixturs are unrealistic (playing Chelsea 3 times in a row), I once had a bench with 2 players with green arrows while everyone else was blue or grey!

Anyone else find the fitness arrows an absolute joke? Before I returned the game I had a ML going with Manchester United.

For the first 5 games, Vidic was completly unfit! I couldn't understand this, then when Vida finally got a green arrow, Ferdinand got the unfit arrow.

I always thought the arrows were the players' form not there fitness??? but i could be wrong???

Last edited:
i think the stamina is a little too overdone. like you see players who can play weekin, weekout in the epl, but can barely play 1 and a half games and not be tired. but then i might be using the sprint too much..

The stamina is atrocious. Whether you like it or not, most players should be able to play most games, like in real life.

Why not make it like the Football Manager system, where players tend to be about 90% fit at all times unless they rest? THAT is realistic.

I personally will be rallying for some kind of patch. I find the form arrows a much more accurate way of picking my team. Grey arrows never play, blue arrows only play if they are important players. That makes for a realistic team rotation.

Back
Top Bottom