Stadium for evey team in fifa 13?

pes4lyfe

Champions League
4 July 2011
Ok this wont happen but how hard would this be?

In old pes games there was only ever 20-30 stadiums and 10-20 based on real life.

But in the user superpathces often people created 100-200 stadiums for every team + extra teams that werent in the game.

So my quesion really is how hard woudl it be for EA to create all the real stadium in the world considering PES community modders seemed to do it easily enough for old pes games.

It will never happen, or at least not for a long time. EA (or Konami) will always insist that modelling a real-life stadium costs a significant amount of money and man hours, so from their point of view it's better to model the famous stadia for the big clubs and then include a good number of generic stadia for the rest of the teams.

I'm a bit of a stadium freak myself and I love the authenticity of playing at a team's home ground, so I'd love to see a stadium for every club, but the work required to do that is huge and probably not worth it considering that your average FIFA player couldn't care less what stadium they play in. It's not really something that would sell a football game.

Also, I'm guessing there are licensing issues with stadia too.

It will never happen, or at least not for a long time. EA (or Konami) will always insist that modelling a real-life stadium costs a significant amount of money and man hours, so from their point of view it's better to model the famous stadia for the big clubs and then include a good number of generic stadia for the rest of the teams.

I'm a bit of a stadium freak myself and I love the authenticity of playing at a team's home ground, so I'd love to see a stadium for every club, but the work required to do that is huge and probably not worth it considering that your average FIFA player couldn't care less what stadium they play in. It's not really something that would sell a football game.

Also, I'm guessing there are licensing issues with stadia too.

Ok but how come modders made 200+ stadiums for PES5/6 etc? They only done this in their free time and for free. So surely it cant be so hard though one would assume it is time consuming.

200? Haha i think there are more than 1200 stadiums for pes5/6. ;)

really well in that case why cant ea make stadiums for each top league team. If license was no issue I would say only time is.

But if modders can do it then surely it cant take much time at all?

First of all I think last-gen PES stadiums were probably easier to make than Fifa stadiums would be. Secondly Konami used the same basic engine from PES 3 - PES 6 and I think it was only by PES 6 that such a large amount of stadiums were available. We've only had this engine (on PC) for a year now so I doubt we'll be seeing anything of that scope anytime soon.

Ok but how come modders made 200+ stadiums for PES5/6 etc? They only done this in their free time and for free. So surely it cant be so hard though one would assume it is time consuming.

But as I said, it's not really a matter of could they do it but more a case of what's the point? I don't think it wouldn't sell more copies and hence make them more money.

However they could release stadium packs as DLC? But would that many people buy it? I don't know.

First of all I think last-gen PES stadiums were probably easier to make than Fifa stadiums would be. Secondly Konami used the same basic engine from PES 3 - PES 6 and I think it was only by PES 6 that such a large amount of stadiums were available. We've only had this engine (on PC) for a year now so I doubt we'll be seeing anything of that scope anytime soon.

Yeh cause even for Pes 2009 onwards there is a lack of community made stadiums so I guess its harder to make stadiums with all the modern desgins and technology versus the more simpler/basic graphics of the PS2 era.

But as I said, it's not really a matter of could they do it but more a case of what's the point? I don't think it wouldn't sell more copies and hence make them more money.

However they could release stadium packs as DLC? But would that many people buy it? I don't know.

I guess thats true. I mean I would enjoy it but they know that it aint gonna make more sales so why bother?

I still think they should include more official stadiums though. And then more generic stadiums for each region/league.

Eg..generic stadiums such as.

England- 2 versions of 50,000 seater, 2x35,000, 2x20,000, 2x10,000, 2x5,000
Russia- as above
South America- as above
Span- as above
Italy......and so on.

Then IMO they should have Celtic+ Rangers at least. Then they should also have more international stadiums plus include stadiums from previous world cup games eg. South African stadiums coulve been in fifa 11 etc...same graphics.

They need more variety, some Ukraine stadia, Japanese stadia, African stadia etc.

They do have a fair amount of generic ones. But not enough variety IMO.

Also they dont have enough official ones IMO also.

yep lol how games have imporved. We knock fifa a lot but compare to that lol.

Remember sensi soccer used to be the best game lol

Back
Top Bottom