SSX 4?

tobi

"Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose."
5 August 2005
Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
New SSX teaser in Burnout Paradise?

Played the Burnout Paradise demo yet? Stupidly good, isn't it? Since we got hold of the Xbox Live preview we've been having an almost illegally good time discovering the new delights of Paradise City. It's been a non-stop orgy of melting tarmac, leaping off carpark roofs, barrell-rolling across beaches and handbrake turning into parking spaces at 100 miles per hour.

What's got us extra excited about the demo though is something entirely unrelated to Burnout. While it was great to discover that SSX3's DJ Atomika has made a transfer over to Crash FM from Radio Big, we found our already sizeable grins doubling in width when said voice of extreme racing games mentioned getting a message from the one and only Mac Fraser.

To the uninitiated, Mac Fraser is a playable character in SSX3, arguably still the pinnacle of EA's gloriously extravagant snowboarding series. Mac's message? That the snow on the mountain is falling and should be ready to ride by winter. Now we might be wrong, but we strongly suspect that that's confirmation that the next SSX game is heavily in production. It's not clear whether Mac was refering to this winter just underway or the end of next year, but either way, if we're right then we might be due an announcement of a next gen installment of one of our favourite franchises very soon.
I'm sure its coming.

:8):

Click

SSX 3 was a classic!

SSX on Tour was a disgrace!

I bought ssx 3 after playing the demo and it was one of the best ever ps2 games. I can safely say it was the best ever snow boarding game ;) cant wait for SSX 4 :D

Wii Sports Suspected In NBA Street Killing

According to ESPN, the NBA Street series is officially "on hiatus." Yes, we know. The trail of tears forms to the left. The NBA licensed street ball series, once part of the EA Sports BIG label and kind of a big deal, looks to have gone the way of the dinosaur, thanks in part to Wii Sports.

EA Sportsman Peter Moore explains the decision — which, it sounds like, could possibly affect the SSX series as well — to ESPN.

"In the old days we had things like SSX that were our own intellectual property, but since then we've kind of moved away from that." This gen, EA has released only a handful of games under the BIG label, NBA Street Homecourt, FIFA Street 3 and SSX Blur.

"But if Wii Sports has taught us anything," Moore added "it's that people will sit there and play big head tennis all day long. We need to be able to tap into that audience." To wit, the creation EA Sports Freestyle and All-Play.

I can't believe it, they'd rather make crap like Facebreaker than a brand new SSX that many are waiting for?!

:RANT:

Well there will be a snowboard game by Ubisoft in the following weeks...Shaun White or something...but to me it doesn't seems as big fun as SSX.

I hope that game is good.

Well it gets very good previews and it has already won tjhe prize for Sports game of the year at E3 or Leipzig...it is supposed to be more of a simulation than SSX.
To me that isn't such a good news...i enjoyed the over-the-top-effects in SSX, that's what i liked about those games...
I simply can't understand why EA stopped with that franchise...maybe it didn't sell enough, but somehow i don't think that was the reason.

On the latest Listen Up podcast (2:27:29), during a discussion about the new Tony Hawk peripheral, David Ellis accidentally let slip that a new SSX game is on the way.

:BOP: :APPLAUD: :DANCE:

GamesCon is going to be great.

:LOL: I hope they just make a next-gen version of SSX Tricky, I get a horrible feeling they'll fiddle with everything and balls it up.

You really want it don't you Tobi.

:D, more than any other game.

I never played Tricky but SSX 3 was immense, I bought it recently and its still pretty good. I don't count SSX On Tour, can't believe I traded in Burnout 3 for that shit.

I liked the first one the best. Never played Tricky, i didn't think it was worth paying for the same game remixed. I wasn't so keen on the open world mountain of 3. It lacked the spots you got from a 1 off designed track.

SSX Tricky was the best by far, none of the follow-ups could match it. Especially not SSX On Tour, I hated that game.

Back
Top Bottom