Sound problems in both 2009/2010 versions???

salidarius

Non-League
26 September 2008
Hi guys and gals,

I was wondering if more people were having this problem...

I can't hear the following sounds in the both PES 2009 and 2010:

-<Menu music
-<All sound FX during game
-<Crowd cheering after goal is scored

What i can hear:

-<commentary
-<occasional chanting of supporters

I have seriously tried every setting (control panel>>>etc) on my computer, i even un and reinstalled PES 2009 and 2010.

Those sounds worked perfectly before but just stopped working, i even switched off my normal soundcard to use my onboard realtek one but without any luck at all.

Does anyone here recognize this problem, and does anyone have a fix for it?

Thanks in advance....

salidarius

I have the same problem as you. I don't know what is causing it. It was the same in PES 09 as well.

I do have a work-around for it, at least one that works for me: Open a video on your computer (mpeg, avi etc) in media player (I use media player classic), pause it and minimise it before you start PES. All sounds should now work perfectly. Again, I've no idea why, but it's certainly worth a try.

I have the same problem as you. I don't know what is causing it. It was the same in PES 09 as well.

I do have a work-around for it, at least one that works for me: Open a video on your computer (mpeg, avi etc) in media player (I use media player classic), pause it and minimise it before you start PES. All sounds should now work perfectly. Again, I've no idea why, but it's certainly worth a try.

Thanks for the tip man, i am going to try it and report back on here..... Kind of strange that PES seems to be the only game that has this problem, i have the E-MU proteusX DSP card which is a special card for making/mixing music etc

But the card has no difficulties with other games??

Anyways i will report, as soon as i tried it.... :TU:

IT WORKED!!!!!!!! THANKS A LOT MAN.... I WAS TRYING FOR HOURS YESTERDAY BUT NOW I CAN ENJOY THE GAME....:WORSHIP::APPLAUD::SMUG:

I also have an Emu soundcard (an 0404) for music mixing. No doubt that is why we both have this problem!

Does your use Patchmix DSP? It's probably not set up correctly. I've had my soundcard for 5+ years now and I still do not understand how to use patchmix!

I also have an Emu soundcard (an 0404) for music mixing. No doubt that is why we both have this problem!

Does your use Patchmix DSP? It's probably not set up correctly. I've had my soundcard for 5+ years now and I still do not understand how to use patchmix!

Dude i have the same exact card as you, i bought it in 2004 if i am not mistaken. It really works fantastic in music production programs, and all kinds of apps....

I have to admit that i hate manuals, and i really never read the Patchmix DSP manual at all lol. What i do know is that you can set up different sessions like:

2lt0cr9.jpg

And then:

t6dox2.jpg

I usually use the digital default, and if my midi ASIO crap ain't working i'll just fiddle around with it.

I also think that the problem is card related, i mean i tried all kinds of different sessions but no luck.

By the way E-MU released a new FREE version of the Proteus software, and it works on our cards too! It's called Proteus VX and you can download it at their site (just click on the image):

I have not tried it myself, but i think you have to uninstall the old Proteus in order to install this one....

Back
Top Bottom