Smoothie Machine Recommendation?

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
Anyone got a smoothie maker?

Sisters birthday next week and wanted to get her one, but reading reviews on Amazon and Argos, all seem to have various problems.

Cannot spend a fortune and has to be able to handle ice/frozen stuff.

Suggestions?!

There are some you can get for £23 on Amazon, but they're smaller ones. Food processors will definitely handle fruits without a problem, as making sauces such as Pesto require the ingredients to be smoothie-like. But make sure its not TOO small.

The only thing is that while grinding ice, the blades may get damaged. If you go for a blender that has high power, I'd assume its from the £30+, it could probably blend the way a small food processor would. I suggest you take a look at people's comments on Amazon, a lot of people are buying these machines specifically for smoothies.

There are some you can get for £23 on Amazon, but they're smaller ones. Food processors will definitely handle fruits without a problem, as making sauces such as Pesto require the ingredients to be smoothie-like. But make sure its not TOO small.

The only thing is that while grinding ice, the blades may get damaged. If you go for a blender that has high power, I'd assume its from the £30+, it could probably blend the way a small food processor would. I suggest you take a look at people's comments on Amazon, a lot of people are buying these machines specifically for smoothies.

Might have to sacrifice the frozen fruit then - at least defrost it first and use it cold.

Uuh, don't bother. It's a typical thing that someone will use for one weekend and then can't be arsed with all the hassle to do it again.

She eats a lot of fruit though as part of her diet, so always goes on about getting one.

Might buy her a Rock Band 3 keyboard - if she doesnt want it, then I can have it :)

If she regularly has fruits/smoothies, I don't see why she wouldn't like to make her own! If I had a good one, I'd be making them every week. You can also use it to make soups or sauces too.

My parents have one and use it daily for their breakfast, definitely would be a good present for someone who cares about her diet and enjoys fruit.

I got my sister one last Christmas which she's happy with but can't remember where from!! I'll ask my lady in a bit and get back to you.

I have a smoothie maker, it's quite good one, does ice and frozen stuff too I think. They taste really nice, but I just can't be arsed buying the stuff to make one all the time :LOL:.

Back
Top Bottom