Skype 4.0 = Shittest new version of an app ever?

You can just cut that right out young man, I searched the technology forum for skype before posting, I don't care about some silly little rant thread, every post I make is my own personal rant thread! ;)

Anyways, trolls aside.......

For those who haven't upgraded to 4.0 yet I'd say don't, this is an idea of what it looks like:

skype2.jpg

skype4contact.jpg

They seem to have made 4.0 all about video calls, which is find if that's what you use it for, personally it's 95% IM and 5% voice calls for me so I want a nice slim client that's clear and functional, not some big fuck off thing filling up 2/3 of the monitor. Unless I'm missing something there's no "classic mode" in 4.0?

Actually, there *is* a classic mode. You can easily seperate the contact window from the main one which will bring back the Skype 3 look and feel. At least for me it did. "View -> Compact mode" should make you a happy camper again.

Actually, there *is* a classic mode. You can easily seperate the contact window from the main one which will bring back the Skype 3 look and feel. At least for me it did. "View -> Compact mode" should make you a happy camper again.

Aha thanks I'll have to try it again :)

Back
Top Bottom