Sky Buys the World Cup

Milanista

Mangiamoli!
19 December 2002
London & Milan
AC Milan
Yesterday the cunt Rupert Murdoch purchased the WC 2006 rights from Rai (free tv) so that the WC is now pay per view. Italy is the only free team to watch and will be shown on RAI, but the rest of the world cup is pay per view. That guy is an asshole and i hate him. Im not sure if this is only for Italy, but he removed a global event and traditional event from free tv and made it something you have to pay for.....

bah... the last WC was the same.
Of course for you italy will be the only one to watch for free!
For me for example the Portugal matches will also be free!
and the semis and final are also for free for everyone!
but it sucks... If I can i will watch all the games I can!

no it wont be pap per view he will now sell the rites to other broadcasting networks same happened last world cup when a German network bought all the rights!

Don't know the full story but he tried to sew up the rights for 2002 and the government actually stepped in here and stopped him because they wanted the World Cup kept on the regular national television.

ClassicD said:
Don't know the full story but he tried to sew up the rights for 2002 and the government actually stepped in here and stopped him because they wanted the World Cup kept on the regular national television.

but Sky didnt show and 2002 World Cup games it was ITV and BBC!

That's what I said mate, Sky tried to buy the rights to the last world cup and the government stepped in and told them no, they wouldn't allow it, and so it was shown on national TV (ITV/BBC).

Ah now i get you!, Dont we have some kind of protected list in this country for events like taht and the olymmpics, wimbledon ect.

I wouldn't mind the WC games being on sky, but not on PPV and definitley not at the expense of them being shown on normal TV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom