Skip match in "Cup mode" Possible?

iBooze

Non-League
22 October 2018
Denmark, Copenhagen
Brøndby IF
I really enjoy PES, but especially when I group up with a few friends at my place and we make a Champions League. We'll pick a few teams each, and go at it. Problem is. When our own teams meets each other, we've decided to simply let them play against each other or put the timer on 4 minutes and wait it out.

Isn't there any way to simulate/skip match a game in either League or Cup mode? Any mod to make the half times go extremely fast, so we can quickly go through some 0-0s? Any ideas?

I've never seen a way to do this. It's incredibly annoying after all these years that there is no simulation in League or Cup modes.

Fan fact. The best simulation mechanism ever persented in a football game , was in FIFA 05 carrier mode, where you could watch the match in a FM like screen, with stats, possesion,text commentary etc and you could interrupt it to play the remaining time whenever you wanted e.g. your team conceded a goal in 35 min and you don't trust the sim engine. You pressed interrupt simulation and you started the match from 35min with 0-1 score. Unfortunately EA abandoned this type of sim for the straight on skip match since then.

Fan fact. The best simulation mechanism ever persented in a football game , was in FIFA 05 carrier mode, where you could watch the match in a FM like screen, with stats, possesion,text commentary etc and you could interrupt it to play the remaining time whenever you wanted e.g. your team conceded a goal in 35 min and you don't trust the sim engine. You pressed interrupt simulation and you started the match from 35min with 0-1 score. Unfortunately EA abandoned this type of sim for the straight on skip match since then.
I totally remember this. Such a shame. They also abandoned, from FIFA09, the Live Seasons feature that allowed you to play along with the real season to compare your score with how your team was doing in real life during the schedule. Most fun season mode I've ever played.

So. There's no other way for me and my buddies to simply let the games end 0-0 right? By running the time down? (When our own teams meet each other)

So. There's no other way for me and my buddies to simply let the games end 0-0 right? By running the time down? (When our own teams meet each other)
Well, I suppose, you could theoretically just run the game and let the two controllers sit there while the time runs down. But you'd have to actually go through all that for every game you needed to sim through.

Well, I suppose, you could theoretically just run the game and let the two controllers sit there while the time runs down. But you'd have to actually go through all that for every game you needed to sim through.

That's what we're doing right now. It would however, be so much more fun with something faster & random. It would make the league a bit more open. But yeah, that's what we've done so far. It works for now.

Update.

I actually found a way. Evo has a feature that can help here.

Code:
; enforce number of match minutes here
; you can set any value from 1 to 255, although you probably
; do not want to go higher than 90, because it will be weird :-)
; 0 - disables this feature.
match.minutes = 1

If you set it to 1, the game will take one minute. It flew by.

Update.
I actually found a way. Evo has a feature that can help here.
If you set it to 1, the game will take one minute. It flew by.
That's great. What I need is something that simulates quickly because I'd love a season where I can actually modify other teams' squads throughout the year but there's no way to do that in League mode because if I control all the teams, I end up having to play EACH game. Every other sports game I play allows me to do this. It's why I've played FIFA so many more times. And I don't want to have to play career mode to get a similar feature.

Back
Top Bottom