Siren: Blood Curse (PS3)

If the Forbidden Siren games are anything to go by it will be very very hard and full of oriental people talking with cockney accents.

Played the demo this morning and it seems ok but i have some problems with it

1 - the camera is very twitchy and after playing MGS4 and being able to walk one way and have the camera another this felt really bad
2 - can't strafe which makes it very hard to sneak by something while keeping your eye on it
3 - it's DARK! (thats part of the design but i feel like it's TOO dark)

The voice action is a huge improvement on the previous games - though that could just be the USA version as that's the demo i played.

Interesting game though - i might have to have a look at the reviews and see if its still worth picking up then

There's a demo? I'll grab it tonight and have a play around with it. At least the first few chapters are only £5 so you haven't lost much if you don't like it.

£5?

It's a dlc psn title?

I assumed it was just a demo of a normal game as usual

-
If there's one thing that we want to know about Siren: Blood Curse it's what's it going to cost us to play. You see, while Sony is releasing the game in Japan in both downloadable and Blu-ray formats, it's straight up "episodic" on PlayStation Network for both the European and North American markets. While we don't have the price for North American gamers just yet, ThreeSpeech says the European version will be £4.99 (about $10) for a "chapter" containg three episodes, or £19.99 (about $40) for all four chapters. (Sorry, no prices in Euros).

If there's two things that we want to know about Siren: Blood Curse, it's the cost (see above) and when we're going to be able to play it. ThreeSpeech says all four chapters will be released on July 24th in Europe, meaning you could just buy the whole thing on day one or, alternatively, buy each chapter as you get to it. Don't like the first chapter? Don't buy any more. Don't have time to finish the game right now? Buy the rest when you're ready; it's the same price either way. A novel concept, but we can't help but want a Blu-ray release alongside it, what with our PS3s filling up and all.

That cool - although i do prefer having a blue ray disc in my hand for a trade in at a later date

Yeah, I'd like the disc version but I do like being lazy and not having to change discs to play games.

I think it´s totally worth it considering it´s a cheap psn title. Did you tried the demo Dags?

Nope, forgot all about it, I'll grab it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found it. Grabbing now although it's pretty slow this morning.

Agreed, this is a great game. The suspense of hiding from the crazy people in the village is intense and the heartbeat adds to it. I'm jumping all over the place.

Last edited:
Completed this this evening and I have no idea what the storyline was at the end. On gamefaqs people are talking about the characters doing this and that but i have no idea where they have got their infomation - all i saw was last lebvel... you do your stuff... ends... and I'm left thinking 'huh?'

Completed this this evening and I have no idea what the storyline was at the end. On gamefaqs people are talking about the characters doing this and that but i have no idea where they have got their infomation - all i saw was last lebvel... you do your stuff... ends... and I'm left thinking 'huh?'

Well here's a summary of key events of the ending. Taken from Gamespot but pretty much details all the points I would make.

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/siren/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-44493819&pid=936034

Bella is the cause of everything. Bella was thrown back in time to 632 C.E Hanyuda and became immortal and became Allana.

Howard caused the loop by stopping the ritual early on.

Sam was thrown back in time to the (true) 1976 Hanuda and lived his life (in Tokyo I guess) and wants the loop to continue so Bella will live forever.

Miyako died in the sacrifice (like the original) but will always be with Howard, though she walks with Howard in the ending, but is nowhere to be seen when Howard destroys Hanyuda.

Last edited:
Well here's a summary of key events of the ending. Taken from Gamespot but pretty much details all the points I would make.

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/siren/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-44493819&pid=936034

Bella is the cause of everything. Bella was thrown back in time to 632 C.E Hanyuda and became immortal and became Allana.

Howard caused the loop by stopping the ritual early on.

Sam was thrown back in time to the (true) 1976 Hanuda and lived his life (in Tokyo I guess) and wants the loop to continue so Bella will live forever.

Miyako died in the sacrifice (like the original) but will always be with Howard, though she walks with Howard in the ending, but is nowhere to be seen when Howard destroys Hanyuda.

So Sam sent that letter to Howard to make sure he'd interrupt the ritual?

That would make some sense... i had no iede about Bella - i must have completely missed where that part of the story was explained.

This game has made me want to go and play Siren 1/2 but ive heard the difficulty and cameras make that game a nightmare.

I would say that's what happened. He must have sent the letter with the intention of telling Howard to stop the ritual, otherwise it wouldn't make sense in my eyes.

I loved this game. Even though the story was quite confusing at the end I loved the suspense in it. I've never played a game as scary as this.

Last edited:
A disc release is coming out in Europe? That's a bit of a bastard saying there won't be a disc release and now there is. The next time they release a game for download only and tell people there wont be a disc no one will believe them and wait for the disc and then they'll wonder why no one is downloading.

The download version is only 9gig - From the site that broke this story they say...

A 60 GB PlayStation 3 seems like a massive beast, until you download the entire Siren: Blood Curse saga, which devours a good 66% of your hard drive

How the hell does 9gig equal 66% of 60 gig?

Surely they meant the 20 gig PS3.

Back
Top Bottom