Shooting!!???!!

lovesexy

League 2
15 October 2008
I think it's about time we started a 'shooting' thread as I feel it's as arbitrary at best!

I do get the sense that it's more sensitive than previous years though... even if I can't hit the proverbial barn door!

Interested to hear your thoughts/advice.

+1

I dont even quite get how to score penalties. I can get the ball to deviate a bit from the centre of the goal ( or to make it miss by 4 yards) by pressing shoot button and just as the ball is about to be kicked, tapping direction, but that is about it.
I'd love to see an in depth tutorial on shooting in PES2011 like there are tutes on skills!

There's one on you tube...now I totally nail 4 out of 5 penalties in a shootout. U move the L Stick left or right (up or down during play) about half way through the runup. It's more about timing than anything else.

Search on youtube - there's a a good guide. However, shooting feels pretty random to me with the exception of the R2 shooting.

Not random. I have the feeling that, like penalties, the important isn't the square button but what you do with the stick. Go on training, "tap" the Square, and try different things with the stick.

There's one on you tube...now I totally nail 4 out of 5 penalties in a shootout. U move the L Stick left or right (up or down during play) about half way through the runup. It's more about timing than anything else.

Search on youtube - there's a a good guide. However, shooting feels pretty random to me with the exception of the R2 shooting.

Could you give us a link? I cant find it...

If you are talking bout the penalty shootout, where the camera is behind the player, then you gotta change accordingly. There you hold left or right to send the ball to the corners. If you hold down, its a chip shot.

I feel the players hit the ball "softer" than in the previous games. It seems we are playing with a beachball nowadays.

And that penalty tutorial helped me a lot, now you have to press square (or X) twice before aiming

Yes shooting is a bit weird, it depends much more on how well you're placed now, and if a def is pressing you (even slightly)

Seems with all the graphics overhaul etc Konami forgot about the most fundamental aspect of football, getting a good shot in.

It feels like I'm kicking a balloon sometimes, very weird but I suppose I'll get used to it eventually.

OK, I start to get the idea with the new shooting system- as many aspects of this year's game, it's an attmpt at revolution as well. Anybody who played football in real life will undestand what I am about to say.

Firstly, yes, it is about the position of the player in relation to the ball.

Secondly its about the direction you aim and its relation to players posture. If you played footbal yourself, you know that depending on your body position in relation to goal and the ball its is easier or harder to shoot across your body, it is easier or harder to head/shoot against the oncoming cross or perpendicular to it. This is VERY important- with all players.

Thirdly its about tapping the shoot button very very late, much later than in previous PESes.

Forthly, its about aiming- I believe (after practicing penalties in training mode) that you need to pres shoot, then delay, then press and HOLD the direction in which you want to shoot. On the "Long" camera I hold either UP or DOWN.

I spent about two hours in training mode, and then it started to dawn on me- shooting is not just whether you want to strike hard/weak low/high, its what you position/posture actually ALLOWS you to do. Choosing the right shot makes big difference, choosing the wrong one usually ends up with ball in the stands unless miraculous technique of Berbatov or somebody like him occasionally defy laws of nature. This and timing your button press late - also important.

Last edited:
this game is FKING hard to score a bloody goal. here are the major problems i face.

1. you are 1 on 1 with goalkeeper and decide to place the ball into the corner of the net. tapping shoot and sometimes the ball will spoon.

2. you running towards the 18yrd box and you press shoot and it seems like they are doing a back pass to a goalkeeper, kick a little harder please?

3. penalties are WAY harder to score than miss.

4. when you run across the 18yrd box, and try to shoot, the ball loops and you look like an un-co person trying to kick with your unprefered foot.

this game is FKING hard to score a bloody goal. here are the major problems i face.

1. you are 1 on 1 with goalkeeper and decide to place the ball into the corner of the net. tapping shoot and sometimes the ball will spoon.

2. you running towards the 18yrd box and you press shoot and it seems like they are doing a back pass to a goalkeeper, kick a little harder please?

3. penalties are WAY harder to score than miss.

4. when you run across the 18yrd box, and try to shoot, the ball loops and you look like an un-co person trying to kick with your unprefered foot.

Practice in training mode!;) Shooting is more complecated, but its good.

OK, I start to get the idea with the new shooting system- as many aspects of this year's game, it's an attmpt at revolution as well. Anybody who played football in real life will undestand what I am about to say.

Firstly, yes, it is about the position of the player in relation to the ball.

Secondly its about the direction you aim and its relation to players posture. If you played footbal yourself, you know that depending on your body position in relation to goal and the ball its is easier or harder to shoot across your body, it is easier or harder to head/shoot against the oncoming cross or perpendicular to it. This is VERY important- with all players.

Thirdly its about tapping the shoot button very very late, much later than in previous PESes.

Forthly, its about aiming- I believe (after practicing penalties in training mode) that you need to pres shoot, then delay, then press and HOLD the direction in which you want to shoot. On the "Long" camera I hold either UP or DOWN.

I spent about two hours in training mode, and then it started to dawn on me- shooting is not just whether you want to strike hard/weak low/high, its what you position/posture actually ALLOWS you to do. Choosing the right shot makes big difference, choosing the wrong one usually ends up with ball in the stands unless miraculous technique of Berbatov or somebody like him occasionally defy laws of nature. This and timing your button press late - also important.

Not random. I have the feeling that, like penalties, the important isn't the square button but what you do with the stick. Go on training, "tap" the Square, and try different things with the stick.

Little help please
When i got penalty, goalkeeper seem just quiet not moving at all

good idea, and i agree with you. When i was young , i have such an idea which the same to you. but i don't know where to say. then i forgot.

Position of the ball and ur player position plays an important role in shooting, in my opinion. If the ball is a bit far from your player feet, then he will sprint before shooting, and hit the ball with power. If the ball is quite close to the player's feet, if you put more power gauge, the ball will surely balooned.

If you're in the box just shoot with extra power.

In previous PES versions i used minimal power and the placement shot however theyve messed up the placement shot big time in this years PES.

Shooting with extra power has helped me become more efficient in front of goal.

Back
Top Bottom