Setanta Sports

Re: Setanta Sports - Official Topic

I was thinking about ordering this, only got freeview but I don't mind paying £10 every now and then to watch a month of football.

Is there really no contract though?

I have Sky so pay extra for Setanta. for £10 per month you get EPL, Serie A, Ligue 1, SPL, Rangers TV, Celtic TV, Bundesliga and hopefully portuguese coverage again this year.

they also show USPGA, NRL (Aussie Rugby League.

Hell fuckin yeah!

Setanta + GolTV + FSC (Fox Soccer Channel) among other local ones like Sportsnet, TSN and TLN (where I live) = Football Heaven :8):

\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/

Haha, big letters, "£9.99, just £9.99, that's right, £9.99!" Just noticed the smallprint. "For Freeview and Sky customers, £10 connection fee applies."

So (bearing in mind there's no annual contract) is that £19.99 for one month, and then if you want it back in three months it's £9.99, or is it permanently (and actually) £19.99?

Why dont you ring them and ask ;)

When the mighty Spurs play Villa in October I'll sign up, 3 of our first 4 games are live on Sky.

I've had enough, in the next 2 weeks i'm gonna sign up to Setanta so I can watch de Bundesliga (if its not in 16:9 i'm gonna hurt someone!) n their EPL games.

PS: To those like myself who have Sky Multiroom, when you sign up for Setanta you need your viewing card number meaning that you will only get Setanta on that box. If you want it on your other box you have to pay more per month, don't forget about the £10 connection fee.

](*,)

Thought I'd buy it via the website and got asked for a viewing card number... I don't have a viewing card, I'm on freeview (and selected the "I'm on freeview" tick-box)...
eusa_wall.gif

Sure Jon Champion was commentating on Aston Villa vs Liverpool today for Setanta.

(He's at both ITV and Setanta this season)

Yup you do need a card slot. I had a box that didn't have one so Setanta provided us with a new Freeview box that cost an extra £40 I think

bit pissed off with setanta at the moment. Serie A coverage dropped and the french ligue 1 coverage is getting worse. only one game this weekend (nice vs lille) when PSG are playing Marseille (biggest game in france) is not being shown.

Pisses me off that even though they have a Setanta Golf Channel they still show the same coverage on Setanta Sports 1 at the same time meaning European football gets dropped.

Sent them an email complaining but not had response yet.

apparently this loss of coverage problem has only really been a problem this year? Do you think its due to them not having the tech to meet the demand that has shot up ever since their big advertising push + LFC Tv, and the discounted prices?

Teething problems I'm guessing, but they need to sort it out big time if they want to compete against Sky.

will wait and see what happens with there coverage first, if it was like last year plus epl, then yes i would have signed up. but reading this thread i have decided to hang fire first.

damn looks like somebody listened to me as Setanta now have the PSG vs Marseille game on the TV schedule for sunday at 16:55.

When I checked yesterday it was not listed to be shown.

Can someone please help me with this? I'm getting sick of trying to sort it out.
WARNING: Lots and lots of questions follow!

I've had a look around the site, I've even rang them up, and I'm totally confused. I have a HDTV with a card slot built into the back of it. I don't know if it has a CAM in that or not - the woman on the phone at Setanta said if I can put a bank card into it and it fights very tightly, which it does, it already has a CAM and I don't need to buy one seperately. Is that right?

Looking at the website you have to buy a CAM with the card anyway, which obviously is a total waste of time/money if I've already got one.

So how do I sign up for just the viewing card, and how much does it really cost? It says £10 connection fee and £10 a month, is that right? Is it Pay As You Go? If I pay for one month, and in three months time I want another month, do I pay another connection fee?

There's a couple of cards on eBay that say they come without the need for a connection fee and a free month's subscription already on them; are these okay to use or are they dodgy? Can you extend the subscription on them easily enough or will you be blocked from doing so because they haven't been purchased directly from Setanta?

A few of the cards on eBay say "for use with freeview box" - if I purchased one that says that, would it not work with a HDTV built-in card slot?

I know it's a lot of questions but the website is fucking diabolical, they explain nothing. Cheers lads.

I've got Setanta free with Virgin because I subscribe to Sky Sports; the picture quality of the games is shockingly bad (apparantly it's not just me, Google the problem and there are loads complaints about it.) Well worth buying though Jack, they broadcast matches from all over Europe every week/weekend. They have had some cracking Premiership matches too.

(Can't help with your query though mate, sorry.)

Back
Top Bottom