15:00 - Kilmarnock vs. Hibernian

Sunday 10 August 2008
12:30 - Celtic vs. St. Mirren
SS1_small.gif

Monday 11 August 2008
19:45 - Hamilton Accies vs. Dundee Utd.
SS1_small.gif

Last edited:
2 Old Firm teams got off to very shaky starts, although picked up 3 points each. Both will need to raise their game with Hearts coming to Ibrox and Celtic heading to Tannadice.

Well vs Hearts game sounded a cracker, and Inverness finally beat Aberdeen.

FD

Highlights

Falkirk 0-1 Rangers
Aberdeen 0-2 Inverness CT
Hearts 3-2 Motherwell
Kilmarnock 1-0 Hibernian
Celtic 1-0 St. Mirren

Click on the scores to watch highlights of the game. If you're outside the UK, try going through a free UK proxy to bypass the terriorial restrictions.

I think the big hoo-haa surrounding Eddie Smith, the ref who gave Celtic a dubious penalty, is a bit much. I think he crapped himself after not giving Vennegoor an earlier, more plausible, penalty claim. Credit to St. Mirren though. They played out their skin! They should have no trouble staying up this season.

Rangers were lucky after McGregor saved a penalty then Velička scored soon after. For next week, we should have Cuéllar back from injury as well as Novo from suspension but we desparately need a creative midfielder.

Interesting to see how new boys Hamilton fair tonight against Dundee Utd.

Last edited:
Tbh, I thought both where penalties, the first was a stick-on, regardless of whether VOH could have caught the ball or not.

Falkirk knock the ball around nice, but they don't have any cutting edge near the opposition box, I thought they had signed Lovell, who might offer something, but he wasn't in their squad, so maybe I'm wrong and he joined someone else.

Looking forward to seeing this McCarthy lad, they're raving about him at Hamilton.

FD

I wonder If any other SPL team were playing today they would have ended up with about five players.

Imagine if they had thrown the ball at the linesman, imagine if they had told the ref to his face f-off twice ,imagine if they had committed two fouls inside 30seconds,

Broadfoots dive near the end ......... two sent off,millions booked I bet the SFA cant wait to fine them.:whistle:

The standard of Refereeing in Scotland is a joke. It seems to me that all the smaller clubs are hammered while Celtic and Rangers can do what they want.

SPL is a turn off:SHAKE:

Not for you obviously, as you saw it all.

Although I didn't like the result, it was actually a decent match.

Some goal from Mendes.

FD

Back
Top Bottom