Salary Cap in European football ?

It wouldn't work now, the Chinese super clubs would have a merry dance as they led our superstars away.. It's been (unwillingly) agreed that money outweighs loyalty in football these days.

"money outweighs loyalty" - this explains all bro I know...but these instant clubs like City, PSG, Malaga to name a few are only making football worse, not just them but all big spending clubs in the Europe, and there is no equality as UEFA claims...too much talents are wasted playing only a few games for big club whereas they could be playing key or major roles in smaller clubs...as this article says salary cap would equal European football, and more clubs could have a shot on title...Salary cap in European football is only a dream for 10 or 20 years to come, sad but true

I fear for Verratti - he's touted as being one of the biggest talents in Italy, and is headed to PSG for £12m. I really hope he gets to play....

It wouldn't work now, the Chinese super clubs would have a merry dance as they led our superstars away.. It's been (unwillingly) agreed that money outweighs loyalty in football these days.

the superstars would want to leave.... a salary cap would only work if they got rid of promotion/relegation...

city would actually have to develop talent

A salary cap would only work in a private and closed competition like the NBA, with only the best 30 clubs in the world, with world TV coverage, etc... And, frankly, this would mean the end of football like we know it.

I love having divisions, I love having small teams, love watching my team now and then having to fight with a small club and I love having national and european competitions at the same time. And in this state of things salary caps make no sense at all.

What it makes sense is the economic fairplay. Teams with big, dangerous debts and no profitability should we banned from the market transfers, etc... I think that's what Platini is seeking and what UEFA will start doing starting next season, but I doubt they end up menacing the unfair practises that we see all around.

Back
Top Bottom