Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy

Jamesy

No. 7
21 February 2005
Dartford
Manchester United FC
Due out on 27th June.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/941631/6176999/robert-ludlums-the-bourne-conspiracy-gameplay-movie-2

You are Jason Bourne. Sneaking your way through the American embassy in Zurich. Racing through a subway tunnel in search of a madman. Taking down scores of enemies in the cargo hold of an airplane. Screeching tires around the streets of Paris while being chased down by the police. In Sierra and High Moon Studios' upcoming action game Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy, you are a 30 million dollar weapon, and the developers are doing their best to remind you of that fact at every moment.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/act...onspiracy/news.html?sid=6188332&mode=previews

Robert Ludlum's one of my top 3 all time authors.

Really disappointed that they added silly arcade elements into this such as building up an adrenaline meter and then enabling some silly insta-shot-kill-auto mode, plus the fact all the good finishing moves you see are simply a case of pressing the button it shows on screen at the right time X, X, Y, B, B, B, A, yay I just stabbed someone in the hand with a pen, oh joy.........

Demo out on USA PSN store. :))

taking ages to download for me though.

Edit: Its quite fun game few negatives though the button presses i feel slightly over done but when you pull it off the stuff it does is really cool. Secondly i think enemy take abit to many bullets for my liking they also dont seem to react how i would like to see them taking bullets etc they just seem to judder whatever part of body you hit.

Overall i think its really fun not going to be everyone cup of tea it does have arcadey elimantes but i think this is what makes it fun infact i cant see how them kind of thing could be added any other way apart from button presses. Also blocking is pretty crucial otherwise you get destroyed as i found out when officer beat to a pulp 5 times. The fighting not all them single button presses you use normal fighting heavy punch kicks etc until you get bar up and you can then perform takedown which does a move and tends to use enviroment. Graphics im using PS3 version and i have to say alot of aliasing issues i think they are poor on whole but good enough for the game. I found the shooting rather tricky but im sure with alot of time it would become pretty easy i was getting used to it more in demo just getting gun out holster putting it back abit different.

Driving was pretty poor but oh well i would give it 7/10 nothing special but fun to play none the less.

Last edited:
Well I was never happy to start with that they turned one of the greatest writers of the spy genre into a lame arcade game....

I quite liked it

Its more like your in the film than playing a game

although that said the control and fighting are slow and clunky. If they sorted that out it would be a better game

I liked it too. Fun and fast even if it's scripted.

I don't think the fights are slow, I think the speed is good.

Downloaded and played the demo, its shit

Downloaded it and haven't played it yet but from reading what you lot just said I don't think I'll even give it a go now. Not in to timewasting.

It's quite different in its approach, but after playing it, the different approach doesn't really pay off.

The driving is the worst thing I've ever played.

Seeing as the movies are STUNNING, I was hoping this would be good. Played the demo and am massively dissapointed, might give it a rental when it comes out but reducing everything to quick time events felt really lame to me. Repetition is not fun, game developers seem to be a little slow in realizing this.

Been playing this and its brilliant

Fighting is great and the 2 and 3 bar takedowns look awesome, driving is shit but its only 1 level i believe and the shooting could be better but once you get used to it then its ok. I like how it all blends in seamlessly, its almost as if your playing a part in a film

also at times you cant tell if its a real video there showing on cutscenes or the graphics which is awesome

This is deffo worth a rent at the very least

saw this on gamertv and it looked shit

I quite liked it

Its more like your in the film than playing a game

although that said the control and fighting are slow and clunky. If they sorted that out it would be a better game

Been playing this and its brilliant

Fighting is great and the 2 and 3 bar takedowns look awesome, driving is shit but its only 1 level i believe and the shooting could be better but once you get used to it then its ok. I like how it all blends in seamlessly, its almost as if your playing a part in a film

also at times you cant tell if its a real video there showing on cutscenes or the graphics which is awesome

This is deffo worth a rent at the very least

Coopz does a reverse JB ;))

:))

That proves that you dont judge a book by its cover or a game without playing it :LOL:

You change your mind more often than a woman!!

It went on sale on thurs down here in Australia. I got it and beat it in one night (5 hours) Now I don't know about anyone else but that is insanely short for a single player only game.

It has great combat, average shooting and a dire driving level. Also missing is any character development at all, in direct contrast to the movies. The cut scenes are really short and if you haven't seen the movies you would have a tough time knowing what was going on. All in all I feel ripped off as I paid $80 for 5 hours entertainment.

i think coopz approach to his opinions on games is great, sometimes he starts out saying its shit, but once he gives it time he usually is spot on in his opions. Where i see around here the opposite from some guys, who will say a game is the greatest game they have ever played after two games, then a month later they have sold it and its shit.

Back
Top Bottom