RIP Formula 1 Games

I hope they dont do what they have done with DiRT though, Use the same engine for Race Driver which is shocking for a Touring Car game.... to be honest im not looking forward to the future F1 titles from them.

I used to like them but over time i got fed up of being on the same tracks and doing boringly long qualifying laps so i could start ahead of the crash on the first corner ai pack.

Murry Walker was also a great part of the games thats never been replaced

Jonney, I was a HUGE fan of F1 games during the early days of PSX. My favourite was Formula 1 97 which for its time was brilliant! Also I loved Grand Prix 3 and 4 on the PC... they were simulations!!!

Jonney, I was a HUGE fan of F1 games during the early days of PSX. My favourite was Formula 1 97 which for its time was brilliant! Also I loved Grand Prix 3 and 4 on the PC... they were simulations!!!

Ah GP3 was fab - aside from being a great game, the community was superb and the modding was as much fun as playing (I made loads of car skins :))

GP3 with the 2000-add on (strangely enough, are both sitting on my desk at the mo after a loft clear-out!), plus the CART modded cars, sounds and all the CART tracks = heaven. Whizzing around Laguna Seca with the MS Force Feedback wheel...

GP4 was ok, but once the modders found it harder to get into it, my interest waned and I went back to GP3.

GT2 was where it was at peeps. 1994 season FTW. Still got it somewhere, but it won't run on any computer nowadays.

I agree with Dave as well, F1 '97 was awesome, still is actually, might look for it on eBay.

Dave and Mat, dont bother digging out F1'97, believe me, leave your memories were they are about that game. All I will say is : PS1=BLOCKY AS FUCK

Yeah thats the game that made me buy a PS1. My mate's parents had bought him a PS1 for Christmas and he knew where they had hidden it and would play on it when they went out. So one night he invited me round and i had a bash and as soon as i heard the commentary and saw the 3D graphics i was stunned.

I can't believe at one time i looked at games like this, fifa and gran turismo and thought they looked real

Yeah thats the game that made me buy a PS1. My mate's parents had bought him a PS1 for Christmas and he knew where they had hidden it and would play on it when they went out. So one night he invited me round and i had a bash and as soon as i heard the commentary and saw the 3D graphics i was stunned.

I can't believe at one time i looked at games like this, fifa and gran turismo and thought they looked real

Yea, it looked 'photo-real' because we'd never seen anything like it. Plus with commentary and the TV style presentation - it was out of this world.

Makes you wonder when we look at graphics now and how great they can be, if we'll look back in another 10 years and say "I cannot believe we thought Gran Turismo 5 looked real!"... as we moan about the jaggies on the Playstation 6 version of Gran Turismo 6 Prologue! :LOL:

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2008/5/7859.html

RIP Formula 1 games indeed...

we have a number of the tracks because they already exist in GRID™, and we have the basics of the car dynamics and handling.
F1 cars that drift?
Codemasters’ history in TOCA Race Driver has been very heavily weighted towards simulation, appealing to the real hardcore fan
No, they havn't.

GRID handling in F1? That's stupid, nearly as stupid as typical Codemasters AI...

F1 teams drop breakaway bombshell

Formula 1 has been thrown into chaos after eight of its major teams said they are now planning to set up a rival championship for the 2010 season.

The threat by members of the F1 Teams Association (Fota) escalates their row with world motorsport boss Max Mosley over his budget cap proposals.

"The teams have declined to alter their original conditional entries to the 2010 F1 Championship," said the teams. "We've no alternative than to commence preparation for a new championship."

More here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8108488.stm

-------

Man, seeing that dude comparing F1 games to GRID really scares me...GRID is total arcade...

Guess I'll keep playing RFactor for long...

For those who are fans and have a decent PC:

http://www.f1mods.com/
http://www.szasztv.hu/F1RFT/index1.htm

FSone and F1rft are great F1 mods for RFactor, a real hardcore sim...

But let's not stop hoping Codemasters can surprise us...
Do you have to buy rfactor to play the game or can you get it for free?

can't go wrong with that.
check rfactorcentral.com for all available user-made content...possibilites are endless

Back
Top Bottom