1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Richard Hammond critically injured filiming for Top Gear

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by matherto, 20 September 2006.

1. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Oh my God. My favourite presenter by a long shot... Jesus Christ, the poor guy. They said he was talking as he was cut out of the car, so he must be okay, surely - so how can his condition be "critical"? Or am I stupid?

I hope the guy comes out of this, not just because he's the best presenter on TV, and not just because he's a nice guy, but he's got a family.

2. Cloud1863

Cloud1863 Premiership

10 December 2004
    Stoke City
    Wow this is terrible news, best wishes to him and his family. Top Gear wouldn't be the same without him , the trio that present it are perfect at the moment. Would be a real loss to the show.

Again best wishes and I hope he is alright.

3. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    BBC's coverage of this HERE.

4. matherto

matherto 12 Times

13 October 2004
    St. Helens, Merseyside.
    Manchester United
    he's now in a stable condition

5. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Get Well Soon Richard 'The Hamster' Hammond.

Critical and Stable are just terms, Critical could of meant internal bleeding even if he was still talking etc, Stable just means that it hasnt got any worse, or they have managed to stop the bleeding or swelling.

6. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Hammond is a great asset to Top Gear. He is fantastic and makes me laugh. This has come as a huge shock to me!

First we here of Steve Irwin being killed and now another TV favourite gets injured doing what he loves... its a shame.

DJ

7. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    Shocking news. Hope he is well enough to be back on our screens soon

8. Big Boss

Big Boss KJH = The Hunter!

23 July 2003
    The Netherlands
    Ajax & Strasbourg
    Hope he will be alright, hes great in topgear and brainiac.

9. OPM

OPM ... Staff

2 June 2003
    Budapest
    get well soon richard, brilliant presenter...:(

10. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    Great presenter. He's still so young too.
    I hope he's well soon.

11. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    ITV News just had a report on it - James May was originally pencilled in to do it, but it clashed with something else in his diary and so it was handed to Hammond.

They were going on and on about how terrible TV stunts have got, and the potentially fatal circumstances. How stunts should be considerably lessened on TV shows where it's not really neccesary. Then literally as soon as that sentence was finished, "ever wondered what it must be like to be in the line of sight of the Taliban? Well our reporter drove out to the most notorious area of Afghanastan so that now you don't have to wonder."

I find that quite patronising and a bit sick, to be honest. But, oh well.

Please pull through Hamster.

12. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    Such sad news, he comes across as a decent guy, heart goes out for his young family and the news does not look great, serious brain trauma are not words you want to hear. Hope he makes a full recovery..

13. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Hopefully he continues to make the strides he has done in the past 8 days.....

C'mom the Hamster

14. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    I don't know if anybody noticed this, but on the first two days of Richard Hammond's accident, his wife told reporters not to let on anything about Richard's progress. How fucking selfish is that? Sorry, I know it's a horrible thing to happen to you love, but a lot of people were worried about the guy. I think that's a pretty fucked-up thing to do. Thankfully, some "horrible terrible evil" person from the press decided to let out all the details anyway on the third day.

I'm disappointed they're holding back on showing the new series as well, I'm sure that's the last thing he would have wanted.

15. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    Hmmm looks like this will be shown as a one off special I think, or so the rumors go.... If hamster makes a full recovery as it looks... he will dine out on this for a long time!!