resolutions difference in game play

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pangkt

I recently found out when playing Pes2008 with setting resolution will cause gameplay to be different.

e.g with difficulty set to Topplayer in 1280*768,medium details I'm able to score very easy goals.

So I try to set it to the maximum resolution of my widescreen 19'LCD monitor that is 1440*900,,medium details.

with difficulty set to Topplayer again, this time the computer win.I really feel that I'm playing in a Topplayer mode.

what a game !

As we know PES used to be a top-class gameplay, for these kind of bugs occur
in such a good quality product , it spoils the whole game .

Something I've noticed personally is this happens when I turn on frame skipping, teams are much better against me and my play is delayed! (I press pass and it does it a little bit later...)

Its weird as fuck.

What a load of crap.

Screen resolution has NO EFFECT on how gameplay has been coded.

IT IS SCREEN RESOLUTION!!! IT IS A DISPLAY SETTING!!!!!

NOTHING TO DO WITH GAMEPLAY!!!!!!!

PES2008 is shit....just accept it. Stop trying to find ways to improve the gameplay...you're wasting your time. I'm glad you have enough time to waste on this poor excuse for a game.

He is right. There are other threads around here saying it affects gameplay. I have also seen it myself. I was playing on low details until recently when I ugrade my graphics card and it is a different game on high details.

Ezio

He is right. There are other threads around here saying it affects gameplay. I have also seen it myself. I was playing on low details until recently when I ugrade my graphics card and it is a different game on high details.

Ezio

Yes man , you're right ! If not , anyone can just try out .Switch to the max setting for you monitor, choose medium or high details-depending on how smooth your graphic will able to handle .I confirm there's a different

Detail settings (low vs medium/high)does have influence on gameplay because of framerate (30fps vs 60fps)!!!

:lol:This is so funny.:lol:

The difficulty remains the same.....WETHER YOU HAVE A GOOD GRAPHIC CARD,A SHIT GRAPHIC CARD, MEDIUM, LOW OR HIGH GRAPHICS SETTING, 1280*768 RESOLUTION, 1440*900 RESOLUTION OR ANY RESOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are GRAPHICS settings......NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!

FRAMERATE IS A GRAPHICS SETTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOT A GAMEPLAY SETTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRAPHIC SETTINGS DO NOT AFFECT HOW EASY IT IS TO SCORE!!!!!!!

THE GOALKEEPERS ARE SHIT WHATEVER THE GRAPHICS ARE SET TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Last edited:

I gave the game a chance for a couple of weeks before uninstalling it.

I played it on High settings, max resolution.

This is what happened.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkwgqE96StQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSeEP8SIlFE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CBNTsCSO3U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrQ3H7-G6LU

Then i uninstalled it.

You will notice by the graphics shading that it is on high settings. I also had 1280x1024 resolution.

The game is bug riddled shit in ANY setting.

CORRECT!!

You will find the only people who agree with me are the ones who, like me...have binned this poor excuse for a football game and also, like me..rarely post on this forum anymore.

The ones who disagree are the ones who continue to torture themselves by playing it. But at the end of the day, if people enjoy it (i imagine the under 15's will), then i'm glad you're happy.

As for myself...i would rather suck dogshit through a sweaty sock than install PES2008 on my PC ever again.

Last edited:
HA HA ... I also think so :)

How can someone know I am going to post this thread , and well prepare for those excellent 'GOAL' ?

At least , we have know that there's bug like this type ,hope that the developers can improve on it and get the game back again.

I agreed that this yr the game is not very well done. But , on the other hands , new features such as diving,no of players in the wall and shirt pulling have been introduced . So, changes need time .Even 3 mins to cook instant noodle also the same-NEED TIME.

You cannot speak and suck at the same time ! Worse still , a sweaty sock .

I don't get what the difference in those videos are? Looks like someone is conceding goals...

if it's you - don't blame the PC!

You're missing the point of the thread mate, and completely misunderstanding MY point.

ps. I scored all of those except the online one, that as the last online game i attempted before uninstallation as we all know online is a total waste of time.

HA HA ... I also think so :)

How can someone know I am going to post this thread , and well prepare for those excellent 'GOAL' ?

At least , we have know that there's bug like this type ,hope that the developers can improve on it and get the game back again.

I agreed that this yr the game is not very well done. But , on the other hands , new features such as diving,no of players in the wall and shirt pulling have been introduced . So, changes need time .Even 3 mins to cook instant noodle also the same-NEED TIME.

You cannot speak and suck at the same time ! Worse still , a sweaty sock .

You're missing the point too.

ps. You need a translator. Maybe you will understand then.

My point is basically this....

It DOES NOT matter WHAT graphic setting or screen resolution you have your game set to...the many bugs are there regardless. There are people who believe that they encounter MORE bugs simply because of the LOW graphics settings.....this is impossible.

The way players behave has NOTHING to do with graphics settings. The game WILL run smoother if your PC can handle better settings but the players WILL NOT make more mistakes if you change your game to LOW settings.

The ONLY WAY you can affect player behaviour is by setting a lower difficulty level in the game menu. NOT THE GRAPHICS SETTINGS.

Thank you.

Last edited:
The low settings has 30fps lock, medium/high 60fps. Big diffrence in gameplay physics. That is the reason for red bar icon online (in the lobby room).

So you can have a medium/high detail, but if you opponent online has low detail, you have 30fps -> flawed physics.

Last edited:
You're missing the point of the thread mate, and completely misunderstanding MY point.

ps. I scored all of those except the online one, that as the last online game i attempted before uninstallation as we all know online is a total waste of time.

You're missing the point too.

ps. You need a translator. Maybe you will understand then.

My point is basically this....

It DOES NOT matter WHAT graphic setting or screen resolution you have your game set to...the many bugs are there regardless. There are people who believe that they encounter MORE bugs simply because of the LOW graphics settings.....this is impossible.

The way players behave has NOTHING to do with graphics settings. The game WILL run smoother if your PC can handle better settings but the players WILL NOT make more mistakes if you change your game to LOW settings.

The ONLY WAY you can affect player behaviour is by setting a lower difficulty level in the game menu. NOT THE GRAPHICS SETTINGS.

Thank you.

Dear gamer,

I hope you say are true .
I do not need translator. Basically , you have already translated.
Since the game has a such high demand in graphics , I would suggest only a very high end graphic card can handle it.

Tou had uninstalled it because you card cannot handle.

I also have make my point clear that I do not change the difficulty, it remain topplayer.Just the res.

Dear gamer,

I hope you say are true .
I do not need translator. Basically , you have already translated.
Since the game has a such high demand in graphics , I would suggest only a very high end graphic card can handle it.

Tou had uninstalled it because you card cannot handle.

I also have make my point clear that I do not change the difficulty, it remain topplayer.Just the res.

:brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick:

My PC and graphics card ran that shit game on maximum settings EASILY. In fact, i made sure it would as i, like everyone else was expecting a fantastic release. For the last 5 years, the last week in October has made me feel more like a kid waiting for Christmas. It won't this year, i'm not even going to pre-order any future PES releases as i always have done every year.

Believe what you like boys. It still won't change the fact that PES2008 sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls. THAT my friend, is why i uninstalled it.

KONAMI owe those of us who paid them good money big time. Think about it, we shouldn't even be having this discussion.

Enjoy the game..(if you haven't seen the light :D)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom