Reliable London taxi firms?

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
The wife and I are coming to England to visit family October 29th - November 3rd, first time back on these shores for over 3 and a half years :)

Was hoping to fly to a Northern airport to make travelling on to Grimsby less hassle but we left it too late for that, so probably going to fly into Stansted, so figure we'll take a taxi direct from Stansted - London Kings Cross train station, cut out the hassle, so long story short, does anyone recommend a tax firm for doing this? Or anyone want to do it themselves and if so how much would you like me to pay you? ;)

Thanks in advance :)

Take the tube I would say, easily reccomended, faster n cheaper I know that as I used it to get from Kings Cross to Heathrow once.

Stanstead doesn't go to Kings Cross by tube, and the Stanstead Express is a complete rip off. The tfl.gov.uk website has a list of licensed minicab companies that usually have fixed rates for airports.

Naah I'm looking for simple and convenient, I really can't be arsed with navigating the London underground or taking various different connections/transfers, taxi from Stansted - Kings Cross then train from there to Grimsby is ideal :)

Premier Cars & CouriersPremier Cars & Couriers

95a Stoke Newington Church St
London, N16 0AS

020 72492299‎
020 72499999‎
020 72540000‎

These guys are pretty good, I always use them. Not always the cheapest, but they are reliable. Never got them to pick me up from the Airport though, I always do short trips.

Also these;

Addison Lee

First Floor
35-37 William Rd, London, NW1 3ER

020 73878888‎

These guys are a huge company and have usual great service, but can be a bit pricey.

Not sure the prices of cabs to and from airports, but It should be around the £40-50 mark. If you get cheaper than that, then you will be doing well.

Thanks Bobby, best quote so far is £60 and they meet you in arrivals with a little sign so you don't have to faff around wondering where their car's parked, will contact those you suggested as well :)

Do the police know about you coming home?

Shhhh ;)

So after all that I'm not flying to Stansted now!

Flying to Manchester instead then getting the train direct from there to Grimsby, ends up about the same price as the Stockholm-Stansted flight with far less hassles :)

Back
Top Bottom