Red Dead Redemption 2

Hadn't played in a couple of days but last time I arrived at camp at the start of chapter 2. So last night I wanted to wander around and see what I could find. Accidentally shot and killed a character then chased a witness and threatened him to keep quiet lol. But when the screen prompt says RT (on Xbox) to aim, why does it shoot too if I haven't got the weapon drawn yet? I went on to play some poker and won 5 hands then did the mission with the reverend/priest.

Now I'm back at camp and wondering if I can start exploring nearby or do you have to ride off far before you can hunt any animals or find herbs and flowers? Or do I need to do a couple more missions first.

You can hunt and find flowers pretty much straight away from what i remember (definitely hunting you do the mission in the snow as one of the first missions)

You can hunt and find flowers pretty much straight away from what i remember (definitely hunting you do the mission in the snow as one of the first missions)
It prompted me to use dead eye to find flowers but I thought you'd be able to walk up to something and get a prompt to pick a herb or flower. I did that hunting mission but was looking for birds/animals near the camp to hunt and bring back.

Really wish the day/night cycle was much slower, someone timed it as a day lasting 24 minutes which is ridiculous.
Thats probably for all the casual players who play only and hour or two every now and again. They would hardly see any nights if it lasted few hours.
Its also supposed to make the world bigger. Traveling across the states on a horseback took time and to get to a far lands you needes to camp once or twice.
Its unrealistic way to make it more realistic. ;)

Thats probably for all the casual players

Fuck them! Casuals don't deserve this game! I've waited 40 years as a gamer for this game!

I had to start gaming on this bloody thing:

imageproxy.php.jpg

In other news, Wife's had enough PS4 sharing and insisted we buy a second PS4 (went for the Pro/RDR2 bundle), they broke the mould when they made her!

Fuck them! Casuals don't deserve this game! I've waited 40 years as a gamer for this game!

I had to start gaming on this bloody thing:

View attachment 7767

In other news, Wife's had enough PS4 sharing and insisted we buy a second PS4 (went for the Pro/RDR2 bundle), they broke the mould when they made her!
Hahaha! :LOL:
Im not far behind. Commodore64 was where I started.
I might have to consider myself as casual gamer but thats not my choice, I swear! :LOL:
Unfortunately Im only getting two or three hours on days off, when everyone goes to sleep.
Had a great time last night with rdr. I keep talking to Abigail coz I want to go fishing, she must think Arthur is hitting on her at this point.
I love the way dirt and stains stay on the character untill he washes. I was carrying deer carcas and my whole left shoulder and back was covered in blood. Looked like a serial killer.
Those little details are making this world so damn realistic!

Hadn't played in a couple of days but last time I arrived at camp at the start of chapter 2. So last night I wanted to wander around and see what I could find. Accidentally shot and killed a character then chased a witness and threatened him to keep quiet lol. But when the screen prompt says RT (on Xbox) to aim, why does it shoot too if I haven't got the weapon drawn yet? I went on to play some poker and won 5 hands then did the mission with the reverend/priest.

Now I'm back at camp and wondering if I can start exploring nearby or do you have to ride off far before you can hunt any animals or find herbs and flowers? Or do I need to do a couple more missions first.
There are actually several modes for shooting. Aiming and shooting (L2 and R2). Shooting from the hip (like you did, pressing R2 when weapon is holstered). And finally slowly pressing R2 to fill the circle meter, then trigger the deadeye, aim, and shoot like in a Duell.

One is able to pick and eat flowers all the time. Dead eye for Fauna just reveals them kinda.

Who can help me out here please?!
0d01ccc8-9651-45c9-9yqfg2.jpeg

What does these card symbols next to the revolver mean?? I have another one that doesn’t have a symbol!
Any help is appreciated.

Who can help me out here please?!
0d01ccc8-9651-45c9-9yqfg2.jpeg

What does these card symbols next to the revolver mean?? I have another one that doesn’t have a symbol!
Any help is appreciated.

Pretty sure it means that you've upgraded/customized the gun. Now why the different symbols, no idea, but maybe it's meant to indicate how much it's been upgraded.

Spent 2hours trying to find the legendary buck and couldn't find it. But got lots of perfect pelts of other animals

One encounter, dont think it has much to do with the story but spoilered it anyway.

I came across a KKK meeting in the forest and through dynamite at them it felt good

Last edited:
I don't like stopping too much for people now, had some guy steal my horse just outside Valentine, luckily it was my crap horse.
Can't get my current horse stolen as have horse bonding 4 now and the next guy who tried to steal my horse, I just whistled and flicked him straight off.

Then had some lady say her foot was broken I got off and then draw a gun, so killed her and 4 bandits appeared from the trees who were with her.

Also met the KKK, for me they were just outside the Coles residents in the forest to the left - But think they are only there after midnight

Enjoying it so far and can't remember the last time without it being FM or FIFA to ever spend 20 hours on a game.

After spending 2hours trying to get the legendary buck and not succeeding, I stumbled upon the area of the legendary wolf not even looking for him and found him in a few minutes :-P

Finding more and more interesting people and some weird and sad occurances. I just started chapter 3 a few days ago but havent done any missions yet.....I'm just wandering around.

Sounds like your'e about where I am in the game. I spend a lot of time doing not much of anything really. Just riding around. Rockstar have done such a great job with the horse in this game. The way it moves, the sounds it makes, the way Morgan animates on it... Just a real pleasure being on the horse.

I'm the same. Usually I have this urge to binge-play through a game but in this I'm just enjoying my time with it. Fuck, yesterday I didn't have much time with it and spent probably most of my time doing chores around camp... all the while in the real world I have dishes sitting in the sink that've been there for a couple days lol.

I never had any real interest in playing GTA online but I'm curious what this will be like. I'm also wondering if there's any chance they'll release some DLC content. This world they've created is so awesome, it'd be a shame to not continue to use it.

Yeah I'm curious about online as well, as the wife and I will have a PS4 each the thought of playing this game in coop to some degree sounds amazing, was it ever possible in GTA5 to only play with friends for example?

First Red Dead online was so simple yet one of the most fun online experiences I had in my life. So, even tho I am and always have been - mostly offline player, Im curious to see what they'll come up with. With the world crafted like this online has a potential to be like MMO (Warcraft style, I loved WoW back in the day), where there is place for everyone, those who ride in groups, loners, crafters, hunters, merchants.
It will be interesting to see did Rockstar go this way.
On the side Im hoping that they will bring a lot of DLC's. Some new Counties to explore with more missions. This might be a fun game for the next 5 years at least.

I have had this game for 9 days now and I have not even started the Javier Esquela mission in the bar. God bless the Hauser's

Best hunting simulation I have ever played!!!!!!!!

I played some poker and dominoes last night then went out on the hunting trip with Hosea. Got the bear pelt now, and returned back to camp with a couple of turkeys and a rabbit.

On the way back though, one of the carcasses decomposed - I assume from me not getting back to camp quickly enough. What's the best way around this? Can you set up camp and cook the meat to store it away as cooked in your satchel then bring it back to camp? And with any other pelts I have with me, do I just go to the "donations" area to give it to the camp? Is donating to the camp the best option in general?

definately buying this game today and cant wait to get into this, just like to know are there any hunting stores in this game where you can buy bait, maps for animal locations etc

do I just go to the "donations" area to give it to the camp? Is donating to the camp the best option in general?
From what Ive read, donating to the camp is worthless. Its money and resources that you will never get back. They wont starve and wont give out to you if you dont donate. Best option is to sell it and save money to upgrade the camp which is much more beneficial.
where you can buy bait, maps for animal locations
Bait can be bought in general store.
Map you can get by completing one of the first few missions in chapter 2. I only did two or three so far and got a map on a hunting trip mission.

Ok cheers - I'll try selling all this stuff. Actually found an article after I made the post about the pelts so I'll see if I can find that location tonight.

Hey Calcio my trip out with Hosea I knew fug all about the game mechanical nuts and bolts, and got mauled by the Bear in a scene that was just as visceral as Leo getting his azz chomped in the Revenant. This game is absolutely bonkers/mental.

Last edited:
I played some poker and dominoes last night then went out on the hunting trip with Hosea. Got the bear pelt now, and returned back to camp with a couple of turkeys and a rabbit.

On the way back though, one of the carcasses decomposed - I assume from me not getting back to camp quickly enough. What's the best way around this? Can you set up camp and cook the meat to store it away as cooked in your satchel then bring it back to camp? And with any other pelts I have with me, do I just go to the "donations" area to give it to the camp? Is donating to the camp the best option in general?

If you're not going to be heading back to camp, just skin it. And you should only really bother hunting 3 star perfect animals, because that's what the Trapper, the Fence, and Peterson use for crafting.

The biggest issue is it's just near impossible within the game to keep track of who to give which pelts to. Legendaries go to the Fence and the Trapper, but beyond that you just have to get in the habit of hunting for a bunch of perfect pelts to give to both for upgrades and clothes/items.

Anybody know where to find the stats? Like hours played, people/animals killed etc?
I cant seem to find it?

If you're not going to be heading back to camp, just skin it. And you should only really bother hunting 3 star perfect animals, because that's what the Trapper, the Fence, and Peterson use for crafting.

There's a Talisman that improves skins 1 level poor become good, good become perfect etc. If you're committed to doing all of the hunting challenges/tasks/quests (there's a lot of them) then it's worth getting it early on to make it easier to get good skins.

I'll put the details in a spoiler:

RDR2-Legendary-Buck-Location.jpg

Legendary Buck
[/image]

Back
Top Bottom