Red Dead Redemption 2

Yep, looks a treat on the PS4 Amateur.

They've really nailed riding a horse in this, based on what you see in the western movies and from real world experience. Just a joy maneuvering and riding around on your horse, especially once you level up. Slowly warming to Morgan a bit and really enjoying the other characters in this too, even the members of the gang, which I didn't think I would.

Last edited:
I deffo have to change the aiming settings, wouldn't mind a shooting gallery or something to find how I want it, kind of hard to figure it out in a middle of a firefight

I know. Adjusting settings during a vicious fire fight is mental. Doesn't help that I'm like THE worst shot in the wild west, either. Can't seem to find a good setting yet. Hopefully I'll get better as the game progresses and I level myself up and use better guns.

To begin with, I am going to switch to free aim for the on foot stuff. When there is an auto aim going on I am always battling the system as much as the baddies. I would like to free aim horse stuff as well but according to what I have read it could be too hard.

Spent about an hour looking for a rock formation that matched my treasure map. Didn't find it but who cares, that scenery.

Been ambushed a few times and am still panicking in the wheel menu to get my gun out lol.

20181027_204407.jpg
I loved the part where I can take a hay bale up and feed the horses. Especially since I deal with hay bales all the time.

That's why I play games, to get away from it all

DqhlLEQXQAActDp.jpg

I'm actually starting to think it might just be the best looking game I've ever played, despite the laptop spec hardware what they've achieved is nothing short of staggering. Everything in the world seems to have been placed with thought and care, it looks so real geologically, architecturally etc. etc.

Found some hot springs earlier, looked amazing, colour of the water, geysers, crusted salt around the edges. Went for a swim. Left a body in one of them as he didn't want to make friends.

Put about 16 hours into this now but haven't accomplished much. I'm still on chapter 2. Spent most of it just trotting around looking at the world, spending time with my horsey. The level of detail in this game is impressive. Like the way rain continues to drip from roofs after a rain shower. Lovely. I did find some old coot in the middle of the woods who was in a lot of pain from being caught in a bear trap. I felt sorry for him and removed it. But, as I was getting on my horse he said it was his trap so I got down, hog tied him and just left him there.:SNACK:

Any one playing this game first person view? I think it's a great mode. There are people playing on ps4vr using first person and cinema mode..not true vr but bet it's good

Couple of images when the sun was coming up. Looked better in game, not sure if it's an her thing or not.

Attachments

• IMG_20181028_110922.jpg
    IMG_20181028_110922.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20181028_110854.jpg
    IMG_20181028_110854.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 16
I turned HDR off, something about this game didn't agree with my TV, just this super grey filter over everything. Which is odd because games are where my TV's HDR usually really shines.
No biggie, it still looks fantastic.
Switching to free aim made the game a lot better, but now I am struggling with understanding the inventory, a lot of the stuff I have looted seems to be in my horse inventory but there is no option to move stuff between him and my person?

I turned HDR off, something about this game didn't agree with my TV, just this super grey filter over everything. Which is odd because games are where my TV's HDR usually really shines.
No biggie, it still looks fantastic.
Switching to free aim made the game a lot better, but now I am struggling with understanding the inventory, a lot of the stuff I have looted seems to be in my horse inventory but there is no option to move stuff between him and my person?
I put my HDR setting to 300 (UE55KS9 KS9090). Looks awesome!!
When people turn off HDR (when the tv supports it) because it looks bad, then there is something wrong set up with the tv. HDR colours always are superior (when set up correctly)!!

Turning it off made it hard to see in the dark, but more colourful to me.

There are a lot of complaints about it, tbh I've been playing the last couple of days with it on and was happy enough.

First world problems

What a game!
I love rdr, and got to 100% (which is rare for me as i usually lose interest) and recently bought a ps3 just for RDR and fight night.

Currently just a few hours in and loving every minute of it. I like the slow pace, being in the snow looked really good.
The controls although similar to the first one are much deeper, takes some time getting used to.

Did a few missions and a few bounties. Now i'm back in my camp and will do some hunting.
This world is BIG and it can be a bit overwhelming, but so far i'm really liking it.

It certainly lives up to the hype and my expectations.

I put my HDR setting to 300 (UE55KS9 KS9090). Looks awesome!!
When people turn off HDR (when the tv supports it) because it looks bad, then there is something wrong set up with the tv. HDR colours always are superior (when set up correctly)!!

That could be the case but like I said before, HDR has looked really good on other games, never had a reason to turn it off before.

That could be the case but like I said before, HDR has looked really good on other games, never had a reason to turn it off before.
I feel ya. Had the same probs when playing GTS and switching between games (comparison wise)!
All my HDR ENABLED games look gods. I just have to make minor tweaks in each game. So this brings me back to my TV set up being correct!
Wish you could unleash this HDR 4K gloriousness!! :)

Besides that: the game plays awesome now (yeah, gotta keep on repeating myself)! :D

DqhlLEQXQAActDp.jpg

I'm actually starting to think it might just be the best looking game I've ever played, despite the laptop spec hardware what they've achieved is nothing short of staggering. Everything in the world seems to have been placed with thought and care, it looks so real geologically, architecturally etc. etc.

Found some hot springs earlier, looked amazing, colour of the water, geysers, crusted salt around the edges. Went for a swim. Left a body in one of them as he didn't want to make friends.

It truly is gorgeous. And you're right about how everything is so detailed and thoughtful. It's such a curated experience it's simply amazing the level of detail and immersion.

I'll one up you by saying it's not just the best looking game, but the game world overall is the deepest, most detailed, immersive and artistic game world created to date.

Now having said that, the systems that you use to interact with that world aren't the best. I'm almost done with Chapter 2 I think, and I'm absolutely enthralled with it all, but it can be a bit frustrating.

I'll also so that it's quite interesting playing this after playing AC Odyssey (which I played about 40% of but dropped when this released; I'll go back to it afterwards).

Odyssey's world is absolutely filled to the brim. It's game world is pretty much the opposite of Red Dead. In Odyssey you can't go a few steps without something, whether it's a town, village, fort, enemy group, etc. It's action packed.

Odyssey is also quite detailed and from what I've read, historians are generally really impressed with the accuracy of its game world.

And yet, Odyssey feels remarkably bland in comparison and exploration rather dull IMO. Ubisoft has focused so much on quantity in its experiences that nothing really stands out, and nothing is especially interesting to me. It's a gorgeous world but I have no feeling of wanderlust.

This is such a stark contrast to Red Dead. I want to investigate every little thing, and sometimes these off the cuff investigations lead to some of the best moments. (My favorite moment so far started by
peeking through the back window of the doctor's office in Valentine.
If you haven't done that, do it.)

As Placebo mentioned, the level of thought that has gone into every little bit is just staggering, and I absolutely love how these game truly reward those who choose to explore. Not in the usual way that many games do these days by rewarding you with just loot or trophies or whatever, but by rewarding you with what feels like personalized experiences. Absolutely loving that about the game.

You probably just have a better set for HDR. I bought my Sony at the eve of HDR technology and they may have been treating that term a bit fast and loose at the time, as in the TV just being HDR enabled. There are also some TV shows where the HDR looks off but still, for most of my games I prefer to have it on and wouldn't want to switch back.

I feel ya. Had the same probs when playing GTS and switching between games (comparison wise)!
All my HDR ENABLED games look gods. I just have to make minor tweaks in each game. So this brings me back to my TV set up being correct!
Wish you could unleash this HDR 4K gloriousness!! :)

Besides that: the game plays awesome now (yeah, gotta keep on repeating myself)! :D

AC:O is an interesting comparison because I was also playing that before RDR2 dropped, although not quite as far as you. I was enjoying it but the amount of handholding and in your face crap compared to RDR2 almost simulation level game play is so refreshing. I'll certainly go back to AC:O but I'm waiting for my Black Friday Ryzen upgrade to do so :)

Back
Top Bottom