Rangers Thread

Re: The Rangers Thread - Smith, McCoist & McDowall the new management!

0,,5%7E3084808,00.jpg

Rangers 5-0 Dundee United
Adam 23
Burke 36
Boyd 59, 68
Ferguson 88

Rangers ensured manager Walter Smith got his second spell at Ibrox off to winning ways with a thumping victory over a profligate Dundee United.

Charlie Adam opened the scoring against the run of play when he fired home from 40 yards after 24 minutes following United keeper Derek Stillie's mistake.
United spurned several opportunities before Chris Burke's 36th-minute header sealed the points.

Kris Boyd fired two second-half goals and Barry Ferguson completed the rout.

Ferguson was reinstated as Rangers captain for Smith's first game in charge in his second spell at Ibrox.

He made three changes for the visit of Dundee United following last week's Tennent's Scottish Cup exit at Dunfermline.

Chris Burke, Jeremy Clement and Dado Prso were drafted into the starting line-up, replacing Gavin Rae, Nacho Novo and the departed Julien Rodriguez.

New recruits Jon Daly and Sean Dillon were both handed first-team slots to make their Dundee United debuts on a rain-swept Ibrox pitch.

Rangers were frustrated in the early stages by the visitors' offside trap as Prso and Boyd continually fell foul of the tactic.

The Ibrox side had the first chance of the game when Adam tried his luck with a 25-yard shot, but the effort came off team-mate Prso and fell wide.

Boyd then had the ball in the back of the net but the offside flag was already raised before the shot had left his boot.

The Ibrox side were then forced into some last-gasp defending at the other end of the park when Karl Svensson scooped a Craig Conway drive off the line.

Dundee United spurned several promising positions to take the lead before a calamitous mistake by Stillie allowed the quick-thinking Adam to fire home from 40 yards into an unguarded net.

Stillie raced from his goal to clear the ball before Boyd got there, but the ball broke to Adam who steered the ball home.

United immediately pressed for an equaliser and Jon Daly's shot screamed past Allan McGregor's post after 25 minutes.

But the home side extended their lead 10 minutes before the break through a rare headed goal by Burke.

There appeared to be some doubt over whether the game would continue when referee Craig Mackay inspected the pitch at half-time - but he decided play could continue.

Greg Cameron almost got the visitors back into the game just after half-time, but his drilled cross along the six-yard box was not converted.

Rangers punished United for failing to take their chances after 59 minutes when Nacho Novo's cross was swept home by Boyd from close-range.

Boyd got his second and Rangers' fourth when he headed home Ian Murray's cross with just over 20 minutes left.

Ferguson completed the rout with two minutes left after exploiting yawning gaps in United's defence before sliding home.

bbc.co.uk

Last edited:
Re: The Rangers Thread - Paul Le Guen resigns!

The SPL is a total joke at the moment, and has been for years.
2 teams dominating the league, this has now turned into 1 team domination.

It really annoys me when people say this because if u look at the English Premiership it is dominated by 4 teams (3 teams if u think of the last 10 winners) and has just about double the amount of teams that the SPL has, so your views are those of dick

Fuck off, 4 teams competing for the Prem with others having an outside chance.
Celtic are going to win the league year after year after year after year... Chelsea will not win the league 10 times in a row will they? =/
The SPL is one-sided and boring.

Celtic have only been current champions for a year - and no one has ever won more than 9 titles in a row. I see you're up to speed on the SPL. :roll:

There are only two teams capable of winning the league this year in England, and at the start of every season these days, there are maybe four at most who could be in with a shout - no one has an outside chance. You've had over ten years dominated by three teams, the one exception being the Jack Walker-funded Blackburn anomoly. No one is comparing the standard of each league, but if you think your's is any more competitive in terms of potential champions, you're talking out your hole.

Lyon have won what, five or six titles on the spin in France now, is Ligue 1 a more competitive title race than the SPL?

Fuck off, 4 teams competing for the Prem with others having an outside chance.
Celtic are going to win the league year after year after year after year... Chelsea will not win the league 10 times in a row will they? =/
The SPL is one-sided and boring.

Spot-on mate. Everyone thinks the SPL is shite apart the Scots so I wouldn't even bother trying to make your points around here because you'll just get abused by the Celtic & Rangers followers. When was the last time neither Celtic AND Rangers won the league? It's a farcical league with poor football, poor stadia, unknown players and God-awful weather.

Spot-on mate. Everyone thinks the SPL is shite apart the Scots so I wouldn't even bother trying to make your points around here because you'll just get abused by the Celtic & Rangers followers. When was the last time neither Celtic AND Rangers won the league? It's a farcical league with poor football, poor stadia, unknown players and God-awful weather.

I have heard these comments before from someone but I can't quite put my finger on who made them. ;)

Since the EPL has been formed only 4 teams have won it, 2 totally dominating until Chelsea got Roman, no other reason. Also Celtic and Rangers get just over £1m for TV revenue, the lowest EPL TV money went to Wolves who got £14m and 2 yearly payments of £7m for parachute payments.

Teams can't afford fancy stadiums and big name players because our TV deal is worth £53m for 3 years whilst the EPL is worth £1.7bn. Go figure.

At least we got some decent defenders up here, I pissed myself laughing over the weekends goals in EPL. :lmao:

FD

PLG made new PSG boss, how surprised I am not.

Since the EPL has been formed only 4 teams have won it, 2 totally dominating until Chelsea got Roman, no other reason. Also Celtic and Rangers get just over £1m for TV revenue, the lowest EPL TV money went to Wolves who got £14m and 2 yearly payments of £7m for parachute payments.

Teams can't afford fancy stadiums and big name players because our TV deal is worth £53m for 3 years whilst the EPL is worth £1.7bn. Go figure.

At least we got some decent defenders up here, I pissed myself laughing over the weekends goals in EPL. :lmao:

FD

Yeah! At least we have decent defenders! :-\"

As for PLG going to PSG? Well there was no other outcome there was there?

0,,5~2979426,00.jpg

Or shit attacking players. I know what I think. :lol:

Clearly you have no idea what I'm on about...

PS Who the fuck are you? Your opinion is worthless. :lol: Back up your argument or get out the thread.

Clearly you have no idea what I'm on about...

PS Who the fuck are you? Your opinion is worthless. :lol: Back up your argument or get out the thread.

Who are you? I have never heard of foxtrot before? I just thought it was part of the pneumatic alphabet. There is one thing in life that makes me laugh and that is people like you who cannot put up with other peoples opinions.

My points about the SPL are VERY valid - you just can't handle them.

:lmao: LOL.....................

Think I've found my new signature.:mrgreen:

FD

Cmon now lets not inflate this "pneumatic alphabet" war

You knew what meant ladies! :lol:

Anyway, time for an SPL poll methinks . . .

This guy smells like a Ninja to me........................... :roll:

FD

This guy smells like a Ninja to me........................... :roll:

FD

I think this is the case m8, been mentioned before when at least two occasion he asked "what is a ninjabreaks".

I don't actually mind him in some respects though he can be ott with some of his views, he is like a few posters on this forum that brighten up dull days. :p

Ugo-a-go-go signs.

Bringing youth to Rangers back-line.

301_45b23121a6bfa7d68f5df2e3e4f849b2.JPG

:mrgreen: ;)

FD

I don't actually mind him in some respects though he can be ott with some of his views, he is like a few posters on this forum that brighten up dull days. :p

That is because you have a sense of humour my friend.

I can see you & me getting on quite well:

_39098766_couple203ap.jpg

WATP!!!!!!

Good game from Novo and Sebo showed he may be shit but he has heart.

Re: The Rangers Thread - Ugo! Ugo! Ugo! Ugo! Ugo!

What is the problem with some fans regarding Boyd? He has a great scoring record but his ability as a player is less than required?

Well for me the latter is total nonsense, maybe true but when you have a player that puts the ball in the back of the net as much as Kris Boyd then so what.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/6462949.stm

Romanov is a loon ball and hopeful,how the feck does he figure the fee for Webster is 5M. He is a chancer and the quicker he is away from Scottish football the better. Though its funny to see what he is doing to Hearts, given their attitude last season. :D

Last edited:

I think most of Boyd's critics point out his lack of teamwork despite his great return of goals. There are some games where he looks slow and lazy although playing a 4-5-1 doesn't help.

As for Hearts, they're great entertainment. Dundee United humped them 4-0 at the weekend with their fans throwing in the towel after 55mins. {|=

Boyd should never be played in a formation that is for a hard working striker that is for sure, Sebo gives us more of a goal threat with the 4-5-1.

Its clear why he get criticism but when you are the only player at the club scoring a bit of slack should be expected. If he were to be as lazy without picking up half as many goals then fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom