quick graphic card question...

bluemonkeymagic

Championship
27 April 2003
Birmingham
ive been trying to play PES 2008 on my pc but no luck, far too much slowdown and just crap but im thinking it may be Vista instead of my Graphics card, im currently using ATI Radeon 1650x card

my systems specs are fine, but anyone agree that I should be playing ok with this card?

excuse my poor english I am from Birmingham

TA

I'm using a 1650pro at the mo. Running XPpro 4gb Ram, dual core.

Running the game at 1280x1024 medium settings is fine.
Running the game at 1280x1024 high settings...pffft no chance.

I'm waiting for 8800GTS to arrive, it'll be imteresting it anyone has one of these to let me know how it runs.

I think the x1650 isn't as fast as the x800, although maybe has more RAM. Medium should be smooth though.

Well im playing on Vista with a 1950XT i know its a better card but vista shouldnt be a problem have you tried playing with V-sync and Frameskipping ?

I'm on XP, 1650pro 512mb, 1gb RAM, P4 3.0Ghz, running on High with decent resolution (cant remember exact res as not at home, 1200X780??, running very nicely, no slowdown whatsoever even with packed goalmouth. If anything it's running too fast

I'm using a 1650pro at the mo. Running XPpro 4gb Ram, dual core.

Running the game at 1280x1024 medium settings is fine.
Running the game at 1280x1024 high settings...pffft no chance.

I'm waiting for 8800GTS to arrive, it'll be imteresting it anyone has one of these to let me know how it runs.

It's because of 4 GB, KONAMI doesn't approve 4 GB :lol: try to install kitserver ;)

Im gonna buy a new graphics card this week -
Which one of these will help me play PES 2008 best?

EVGA Geforce 8600GT 256mb
Sparkle Geforce 8600GT 512mb
NVIDIA Geforce 8600GT 512mb

Which one of these should I buy exclusively to play PES 2008??

Im gonna buy a new graphics card this week -
Which one of these will help me play PES 2008 best?

EVGA Geforce 8600GT 256mb
Sparkle Geforce 8600GT 512mb
NVIDIA Geforce 8600GT 512mb

Which one of these should I buy exclusively to play PES 2008??

Better off with a mastersystem and alex the kidd built into it than this pile of garbage mate. seriously lol

I honestly suggest one of the followings: (I do not suggest anything lower, especially if you consider future gaming)

ATI 2900 Pro around $250
Nvidia 8800 GTS 320 MB around $280

Or better yest if you wait a couple of weeks or so:

the all new
Nvidia 8800 GT 512 MB around $230 I believe, and it beats the two above.
here is a preview
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/10/29/geforce_8800_gt/

or wait a littel more for

ATI 2950 or whatever their response to the new Nvidia Card

If you do not mind waiting even longer:

wait for directx 10.1 cards; announcement in mid Nov.
What I have is the ATI 2900 PRO I rarely have slowdowns on high setting with 1280x1024 but I believe it is due to my 3.5 years old CPU (P4 3.0ghz single core)

Mines ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series its higher than the Radeon 9600 pro series but works fine on 640x480 resolution on high quality setting using the new kit server 7.0 patcher which I downloaded yesterday for the first time:D. I got Intel pentium 4 processor, 1024 MB RAM, 3.06 GHz CPU SPEED Windows XP Media Center Edition.

None! with both these cards you will have slowdowns (in some cases some major ones), they aren't really good for gaming. look at my post above for the best bang for your money video card.

Your wrong m8 Im running this game with Ati Xpress 200 which is a lower graphic card then both of these and it runs on high detail no slow downs here
:lol:

Ive also have an ati x1650 pro radeon

Runs ok at 1078x768 on high settings

Make sure you install the patch 1.1 it has made an improvement

Always have the latest ati radeon drivers make sure there on defaults

I've got a 640MB GTS. So far 1280x1024 works buttery smooth with VSync on and max settings.

For reference here is my pc (I have 3dMark 06 scores on there:
http://www.evga.com/community/ModsRigs/comment.asp?sysid=4858

Maybe somebody else wants to share their 3dmark 06 scores and we can get a pretty good idea of where the cutoffs are as far as game settings go. We would just need everybody to add their input.

I will test on 1600x1200 when i'm done doing the patches to actually make the game look good. Even on high settings i get the idea this game looks like crap.

Last edited:
I m about to buy a new graphics card especially for gaming,but i m not sure which one would have better results...Nvidia GeForce 7600GT 256Mb AGP or Sapphire Radeon HD 2600PRO 512Mb AGP???I m not an expert so i could use some help.Thx in advance... :)

Your wrong m8 Im running this game with Ati Xpress 200 which is a lower graphic card then both of these and it runs on high detail no slow downs here
:lol:

but your running on a unbelievabley low resolution.

If your gonna get a new graphics card id recommend at 8800GT 512mb version

I have a ATI Radeon x1650mb 256mb

I get between 55-60 fps

I have installed the 1.1 patch has given me imrpovements. Currently have ATI Catalyst 7.10

In konami setiings have res set to 1024x768 and on high all other boxes unticked

Excellent forum response, I am learning a lot from the responses, thank you all.

Please let me know if I purchase a 8800GT card, what else should I need to get in order to play on "high" details.

Should I buy a new motherboard as well? ram?

please give me suggestions.

I'm running an x1650, with a duel core 1.8ghz, 1gb ram withe in game resolution at 1024x768. Runs very smooth on medium settings (maybe a little too fast, actually), but the cut scenes and replays are a bit jerky.

Is there anything I can do about that ie. in the settings, or is it just due to inferior gear?

Last edited:
I think the x1650 isn't as fast as the x800, although maybe has more RAM. Medium should be smooth though.

I have X800pro and i love it...oh,and 2gb ram on the pc (intel dual core owns).
Runs like a charm on 1280x1024,high and details set to maximum quality (AA,AS) in ATI's control panel.

Nothing to worry though,I've seen very little improvement in graphics.It looks superb,but it looked superb on 1024x768 too.
Anyway when I tried to play the game on the PS2 I was horrified.
I simply can't..detail level is just too good on PC.

i play this game on my gainward 7800gs 512mb agp and core2 due e6600
on 1600 *1200 the game run somth and with no slowdowns in playing only a few in some replays >>> but in total it's perfect with 4*512= 2gb of ram >>>... um wondring about the people can't play the game in high details with 8800 guys it's not a hardware >>>... of course it's a software problem ...and to be honest the game changes 100% on the high res it feels the same like my x-box 360 and maybe better ....

*for the guy who asking about the vga and which one to choose don't think go to the 8800gt it's the best performance with the least fund >>>.. great card i should try it for sli

Back
Top Bottom