Question on this Vivitar DVR

fd1972uk

---------------------
9 January 2002
Glasgow
Celtic
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone with a bit of knowledge on cameras can advise me here.

I'm currently using a Vivitar Camcorder which seems to be acting up a bit now, and also use my Nokia N95 for pics/vids too.

Just wondering if the one below, would be any good to me. I know it's a DVR but I'm assuming I can still take pictures with it? It does mention 12MP digitial stills, so is that the photo quality or is that the video quality (or both?).

A link is below to the actual cam, but here is a list of spec:-

HD camcorder.
Black.
4 x digital zoom.
2.7in LCD touch screen.
1080p high definition recording.
Accepts SD memory card formats.
Recording time dependant on memory card size.
Digital picture processing.
AVI file format.
M-JPEG file format.
12MP digital stills.
VGA digital stills.
CMOS sensor.
Auto focus.
Intelligent scene mode.
Image stabilisation.
Built-in lens cover.
PictBridge compatible.
Webcam function.
1 touch upload to YouTube.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5636077/Trail/searchtext>VIVITAR.htm

I'm not a big techy person and ain't too fussed about top notch pictures, but was wondering if that would do the business for me? Thinking of getting it for my birthday next month as it could come in useful for our Florida trip next year instead of carrying around multiple cameras etc. I don't want to pay loads of money for a camera, jsut because it sounded good for £50.

TIA

It says its 1080p Recording for video and 12 mega-pixel Camera for photos (12MP digital stills).

If the spec's are right it does what you want it to do but its not just the MP's that make the photo and for £50 i'm not sure it would be the best at that.

I'd buy it and test it first, I'm sure they still do a money back guarantee.

Will take a look at that, unfortunately from work can't get YT (streaming links) to work...............grrrrrr!

FD

Oh and btw I'm more than happy with my N95 Nokia video and photo performance, but think it might be playing up a bit too.

If that's any indication on the kind of quality i'm looking at.

FD

Back
Top Bottom