PS3 USERS - BE A PRO 5v5 ONLINE

PU6HY

Cymru Am Byth
30 April 2002
Cardiff
Cardiff City
A place to arrange games and discuss in here.

The other thread appears to be all 360 so it makes good sense to have a seperate thread.

Maybe it worth splitting this whole forum between PS3 & 360 which will make it easier finding info about games & consoles that apply to you.

Last edited:
Im definitely up for this.
Seems like 90% of the random teammates I have played with/against, considers "teamplay" to be foreign jibberish.

Loving 5v5 so i'm up for this too - not sure how to arrange for us all to be on the one team though - anyone know?

Also noticed in one game last night that there were 6 human controlled players on my team (4 on the other). Next game i checked i was seeing right - i waited til 5 people had chosen one team and tried to join. It let me and there were 4 other empty berths below me so it seems you can have up to 10 players on the one team although there is still a max of 10 human players so it would be 10 v cpu.

Last edited:
Can't we lock down a room and only have people from here enter?
Not sure how you do that though.

I'm also enjoying this mode but only when it's not lagging. It annoys me when I'm pushing the controller in one direction and my player is going the opposite way.
I tend to consider myself a player who tries to knock the ball about a bit but I can't believe how much I give the ball away in this mode (due to lag)!

Last edited:
I looked at locking a room down the other night but had no joy.
How do you do it?

I've done it before in other modes ie. Create a room in single player mode in the lobbies but couldn't see the option in 5v5.
Am I missing something?

Well, I never tried that myself, but when I browsed the created rooms a couple of days ago some of the room status were set to Private so I thought they were password-protected. Hmmm...

I'll have to check that sometime soon.

The PS3 version of FIFA08 is less user friendly to organise online games with your buddies compared to the 360. The main reason is the absence of the "invite friends" function from within the game. Also, u can set up a game as "private" unlike the 360.

I had to resort to doing it this way to get my buddies into my game - I told them the exact setup of my hosted game (i.e. which stadium, duration, etc) and they did a Custom Search based on that and located my game and joined in from there.

I'm up for this, too. Will be great if we can organise some 5v5 matches where everyone goes a fixed position (ie. nobody goes "ANY").

Actually had quite a few good matches last night with random people. My favourite was when it was set as Brazil v Argentina (I was Argentina captain, and once we had 5 signed up, I quickly changed it to Lyn Oslo). I heard lots of laughter on the headset from the Brazil team, people saying "who the f*ck are Lyn Oslo?".

Sure enough, Brazil were vastly more speedy and skillful and scored an early goal. I feared the worst. But it turns out Oslo has quite a few big lads in the team, including my guy at CDM, who can win jostles, and credit to my team, they got the equaliser. Into the 2nd half, we went 2-1 and as full-time drew closer, I could see the Brazilians were getting desparate and could hear their frustration over the headsets :lol:. One minute to go and Oslo slot home number 3.

Final score Brazil 1 v 3 Lyn Oslo.

Ronaldinho, Adriano, Kaka, Wagner Love, your boys took one hell of a beating.

Sorry I couldn't get on as something came up.

Doesn't look like anybody else is bothered anyway.

I'm too used to playing on the 360 even though I have a copy of the PS3 version as well. The 360's controller just feels so much better than 6axis's downward-sloped RT/LT triggers.

Back
Top Bottom