PS2 Demo

PES 5 on order and should be getting the demo this pm...

I keep reading about this "middle shot" - can anyone tell me what this is? A special move or just a new animation maybe?

cheers

Professor Nutmeg said:
Agreed Db, there's a lot going on, off the ball. But also on it, there's so much new stuff. Neat little touches/passes and so on. And the Com's build up play and movement now seems so much better. It's actually passing the ball around intelligently, creating space etc. I as runnig around after mAdrid trying to regain the possession at one point, and they were just passing around me in the midfield. The AI is generally a lot better i'd say. Eg Zidane just outside my box, instead of shooting, he creates a chance, making a sweet little chip into the box for Ronaldo to get on the end of.
I like the new keeper throws too.

hi proff,

have u also noticed (im sure you have) how your own defenders in particular full backs will track (wider) players especially if it looks like a midfielder is going to ping a ball in through one of the channels or down the byline.

great stuff.

db

Stringer Bell said:
This what i was talking about....when you score or set-up a goal with a player it gives you a little description. It's a nice touch.

There are only a few variations though. You score a few times with your right foot and it will say this most times, so after a few games, we probably wont bother looking a tit

EDIT HAHA ^^^^^

We probably wont bother looking a tit, looking AT IT

What camera angle do you lot use on the demo, does anyone else think the wide view has changed from pes4 for example when the ball is at the far end of the pitch its quite hard to tell whats happening!

by the way denirobob whos that in your avatar ? ;)

Metallica said:
What camera angle do you lot use on the demo, does anyone else think the wide view has changed from pes4 for example when the ball is at the far end of the pitch its quite hard to tell whats happening!

Yeah in WE9/PES5 the camera no longer zooms in when the ball is at the other side of the pitch. I use the default long view and is better for peeps that use this view cos we will see more of the pitch now than we did before which is good for crossing from the far side, less blind crossing, but not as good fot peeps like you that use the wide angle view.

I played the PC demo at the weekend and I am now seriously tempted to get PES5, however I dunno whether to go for the hi-res version on the PC, or stick with the good old PS2 version. Anyone got any thoughts?? I'm not bothered about patching either version so that isn't a factor.

Love the chesting and trapping going on. This didn't happen so much in 4, and so it was usually a more clumsy affair. Playing as Chelsea, i just did a superb chest down with Nuno Morais. As he was relatively unchallenged, he just squatted slightly, one leg forward, one back, for balance, and just chested it down (turning his upper body) to Tiago - superb.

Saw another great trap too. Playing as Valencia, my corner was headed clear out of the area, only as far as a waiting Baraja, who coolly trapped it with his left foot (it landed perfectly at his feet without him having to move) a tap forward then a strike on goal followed.

These things are making the game so much more fluid and look superb i might add.

PS i also like the way Nokami have recognised the role of the "Second Striker," giving them their own postion name, and 'box' in the edit position screen.

Last edited:
Nice one Professor Nutmeg....Have you played with Arsenal weakest players against Real/Chelsea/Valncia....or vice-versa?

Bloody hard i tell ya...even on 3 stars!

Had about 10 games on the demo, I neeeeed the full version!

Finding it hard to score which is normal with any new version of Pro Evo for me. Only scored a couple of goals and one of them was an own goal- for some reason Makelele picked the ball up near the half way line and started to dribble towards his own goal in a straight line. I couldn't keep up with him and when he reached his own goal Cech jumped out of the way and Makelele slid the ball in his own net under no pressure?! Random, I love it. "No one likes to see that..." Trev said. Well I did, hehe!

The tackling takes some getting used to but I prefer it, my fave improvment so far is the randomness of the players control- I love the way the ball bounces around a bit sometimes.

Metallica said:

hi mate

i play on default long (always have done!)

db

why its the lovely Kayla Marie

What level are you all playing at I'm stuck on 3* at the moment!

What I've been doing is as soon as I win a game 3 - 0 I go up a level the most I've had so far is 2 - 0 on 3*.

This game is bloody hard and I'm loving it!

Man 2-0! im lucky to get a 0-0 at the mo. best game i have had so far last night, i was Real playing Arsenal and Henry scored an absolute blinder from the edge of the box on 5mins then i equalised with beckham chesting the ball then smashing it in the nat with second to go.

this is on 2* as well so i have got to do my home work on this game. i dont wanna play the demo to much though as i want to learn the game on the full version.

still bloody good :D

My first goal on the PES5 PS2 Demo was a quality Through Ball by Beckham and Zidane amazingly ran past the defender and took a first time shot which curled into the bottom corner!! I was like Wooooahhhhh! I couldnt believe I had just scored that! On 5* too!

DJ

I play 3 stars all the time, 25 min games and find that I can win or draw most games and I've never been one of peeps who can whoop ass on previous versions (I never even tried 6 stars!).

what i am finding is that there are times when i simply cannot get the ball off the cpu and there aren't many games when they don't score at least one - just most of the time i can score 2 or 3 (never any more).

I find that as it's more realistic than ever it's more natural to play to perhaps that's why i'm finding it easy-ish - although I'm sure 5 star will be a 'mare.

I also cheat a little by putting my team on Red stars and leaving the comps on random.....

Well i have turned rubbish ovenight with PES5. its great that the game is challenging me all over the pitch. i cant hold onto the ball i am losing my man in defence and getting knowhere up front.

Brilliant!! :)

Ayo, what do you lot think about the background music?

I kinda like it....it has that Techno/Samba beat to it, which is cool.

I hope the ML background music is good though...the PES4 one was uninspiring! The PES3 was really good the way it just had that emotional feeling to the song. Also love the PES2 edit mode background music.

I love the techno and samba style :) I also like the music you get on the team selectiom/formation screen :)

DJ

Back
Top Bottom