PRO EVO WEB LEAGUE SEASON 1 (check out end of 1st post for league Table)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: EVO WEB LEAGUE SEASON 1 (check out end of 1st post for league Table)

Right chap With regards to the disconnections, It was shown on my stats that i have disconnected twice but i know for a fact i did not do this. And i think its a problem with the server it just cut me off for no reason.

Now the reason i originally said that both teams will get a draw was because I feel all those on here who want to take part in the league can be trusted not to purposely disconnect from the game. I may suggest a new change in the rules but atm i will keep it like this.

As for results, i would like people to email them to me please , but u can also post them in this thread as well (but email them to me as well to make sure im aware of the results)

The idea of this league is awesome. I personally think that the above idea for disconnections is good. But people should be removed from the league if they have a given number of suspicious disconnections, maybe 3?

Re: EVO WEB LEAGUE SEASON 1

Deacon Brown said:
Mauras i see ur point and imnot doing the league this way just to limit players, im doing it becuase it makes it a challage and a alsmot real experiance.

Ok mate, then the fair way to go would be signing off a group of top 5-10 teams... making everyone go through the same experience... a league with only "second wave" teams, but equal for everybody.

cheers

Re: EVO WEB LEAGUE SEASON 1

Mauras said:
Ok mate, then the fair way to go would be signing off a group of top 5-10 teams... making everyone go through the same experience... a league with only "second wave" teams, but equal for everybody.

cheers
But Mauras just becuase people are top teams does not mean they will win every game, I give people the option to play with what ever club team they want to be and its up to them if they want to challange them selfs. If they feel they can only win the league with a top team, then its fine by me.

Also if i took out the 5-10 top teams we would still have the same problem. So the only way to keep everyone happy and have a league where its as real as pos is for everyone to choose a team and play with them.
I have only played with tottenham, stuttgard, savilla and villarreal i tried out real madrid and even though i love them i like playing with my other teams becuase it gives me more satisfaction beating people. Plus om forced to play better football with the likes of tottenham etc etc.

I think it fair that people have the option and tbh im sure all those who have signed up are happy with this because it will make for some great games and results.

If people don't agree with this structure then they dont have to join the league. Im not being assy about it, just that if its a problem then people can choose not to join and then see how the 1st season goes and what people say in this thread about the league.

As for results, i would like people to email them to me please , but u can also post them in this thread as well (but email them to me as well to make sure im aware of the results)

How about a result sticky whereby every member of the league gets one post and in that they can update the scores. Any extra posts will be deleted(a starter post with the rules, regulations of the thread like this one) example:

Game01
Evo_Tik(inter milan) vs Evo_Deacon(tottenham) 1-1
adriano vs keane

Game02
Evo_tik(inter milan) vs Evo_someone else(real madrid) 0-2
none vs Ronaldo 2x

As for the disconnections ive disconnected because of a server error im guessing as i didnt choose it. Mayby that can be added to the result "disconnected by server".

Last edited:

tik i like ur idea but i don't really want to have too many threads regarding the league. As it could get confussing.

I would like to keep this thread as the main one for the season, plus people will be able to see the results on the league Table as it will have Top goal scorer, most goals scored in a game, etc etc all stats like that.

So if people want to see how good there next opponant is they can click on the league table and see.

But i if u could email them to me in that form it would be good becuase i will keep a record of all emails just i case we have a dispute later...

Evo_FredGavioe created!!!!didnt have enough space for the S tho heheh. the format that tik used as example two posts above, is the format that we should send to deacon,it looks clean and organized.

Last edited:

Yep i agree

also could everyone create a 2nd profile called Evo_(then ur game tag please) And if we can use the last english server and in that the last english lobby.

That way we all know where we play, but seeing as this game is addictive, i think the leagues 1st season will be finished in about 5-6 days.

Can we also add an advise not to have any other prog's, processes running when playing online. The majority of my games lately have been so laggy its unplayable, yet when i started most games were really good with equal speed when hosting/not hosting.

Im guessing that a lot of people dont realise when they use a homenetwork to play online ( instead of a direct connection via the ps2) that upload speeds drastically drop if any other pc's/progs on pc's are using the net.
Example progs are outlook ( which checks you email every certain amount of time), torrents, downloads, net browsing, ect. Am hoping everybody in the league realises this as the quality will improve and the games will be a lot better

All you do to sort the teams out is allow the first season to be set up as it is now, then after the first season those who finish lower in the league get first choice of teams next time around. I personally don't care which team I am.

Plus I agree with the above comments about making sure PC applications aren't slowing down the connection.

Last edited:

Deacon Brown said:
also could everyone create a 2nd profile called Evo_(then ur game tag please)

i dont agree on this point. i usually dont play ppl with long names, they bother me.

yddaki said:
i dont agree on this point. i usually dont play ppl with long names, they bother me.
But most people have the game names up and not there tag.

It will be a vote m8, i always play with the teams player names and never my tag.

Let me explain the Evo tag, its so all those who have joined the league can enjoy the comp with out tarnishing there main game tag. This is mainly because a lot of people are playing with different teams they might not usauly play with.

And i don't want people to have there main tag ruined.

Also it does make it easy to find people for matches as in the option sind a friend u can just type Evo_ and it will bring up a list of all the people with those characters in the beginning of there name.

And it looks koolio

and it keeps the last 10 games record clean so a dispute can easily be sorted if it happens

sounds good to me so far - bring it on!

Deacon Brown said:
And i don't want people to have there main tag ruined.
ah... thats not my problem, i have a lot of losses cause i have played using psg, middlesbrough and schalke against poor babies playing with brazil, real, chelsea, juve and milan. lots of moron that think points are something, not fun.

yddaki said:
ah... thats not my problem, i have a lot of losses cause i have played using psg, middlesbrough and schalke against poor babies playing with brazil, real, chelsea, juve and milan. lots of moron that think points are something, not fun.

I did not mean it like that, i was mainly saying about u m8.

Plus it would be good to have so we can all keep a good log of the evo web people we play..

Come on chaps create those Evo_ game tags and give them to me please so i can add you to the list.

Hi deac,
Evo_j4yc3e created, up for a game later : )

j4yc3e said:
Hi deac,
Evo_j4yc3e created, up for a game later : )
Yer m8 sorry about last night i played loads of games and then the misses came home.

So had to come off.

But she will be at the gym tonight so might be up for a few before Champ League starts..

Meet me in the last english server and the last lobby m8 ;)

Deacon Brown said:
Come on chaps create those Evo_ game tags and give them to me please so i can add you to the list.

I gave you mine on the last page mate Evo_Matt ;)

Evo_shankly is born.

I have played a couple of games with Villarreal on it already to try and get some practice with them!

Evo_Leprekorn will be created when I get home

same with evo_pirate... yarr!

now - to practice with deportivo (never used em before) - they still have Forlan?

No thats villareal who have Forlan ;) But deportivo have a very good team though :)

My Evo_ tag will be created as soon as my copy actually arrives. Will be practicing with Borusiia Dortmund on WE9 and WE9:UE until then. Can't wait for the league to begin, bring it on...

mattster12 said:
No thats villareal who have Forlan ;) But deportivo have a very good team though :)

fair play - I so need to watch La Liga more often... I'll have to wait till I get home from work to have a good butchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom