PRO EVO 2009...Is really bad on PS2

RONALDO777

Non-League
22 August 2007
1...Less stadiums.

2...No proper boots in the game.

3...No 18 teams to edit.

4...Losing licences ,ie some Spanish teams.

Its worse than PRO EVO 2008.

Its really crap, I cant believe it,they are going backwards not forwards.

Why couldnt they amalgamate the best of all previous versions and make it better.

In recent yearswe have lost proper boots,loads of stadiums like Chelsea,Arsenals old one,the munich olmypic stadium.

SEABASS is a lazy bastard...FACT.

yea I havent played it loads yet been too busy looking into some patching for it like i did with 2008 i did play a bit of BAL and I loved it I just wanted to ask you lads if you agree with a few things and would like to know what you find better and different about gameplay (not missing stadiums ect)

I think the computer although doesnt attack alot is very very organised and hard to break down so goals are hard to come by

skilful players really do stand out and can punish the opposition not so skilful players have to be used to simply play the ball ect

goalies seem not as good? im a bit unsure yet but seem some rebound goals that didnt happen in 2008

shooting from long range is harder but volleys are better and look amazing when scored

people have been saying the AI is crap in BAL but i find my team plays great football and gives me the ball when im in good positions(i play on top player)

I've rented out for a week, my first impressions of gameplay is good I really like how players control the ball and dribble with it. Passing is good, shooting i'm getting used too.

I've only had it for one day and am still weighing up the pros & cons compared to 2008 because like said there is a lot of features missing fom the previous game. But I had 30mins of BAL which was great and I can see how that is addictive.

Hopefully a good OF can paper over the cracks.

Yup must say this is slower and you seem to have more control over the player, also the keepers are hugely improved.

I like it and will apply a suitable patch to make it better but this is better than PES6 and PES2008 by a mile

Im going to make up all the new teams off 2009 and put them on pro evo 2008.

Im using 2009 for the players stats and giving it to junior.

I've played PES 2009 on PS2 aswell as on Xbox360 and PC...I think the PC next gen version is overall the best one even in terms of gameplay. On the subject of BAL, someone said it's good for them on top player....well that must depend on the team you are in because I play it on top player and make intelligent runs and I find the AI teammates just dumb, BAP on Fifa is alot better since you call for the ball how you want it and 9/10 times you get it. BAP is just alot more intelligent on the pitch, but BAL has more overall depth with international callups and ability to transfer.

The PS2 version well on the stadium front there's more than what is on the next gen versions and you do have Anfield and Old Trafford unlike in the next gen versions, and there's nicer color schemes, I sometimes think people moan for the sake of moaning to be honest.

However I do agree that PES over the last 4 years or more seem to have been taking 1 step forward and 3 steps backwards I mean take Master League alone for a start it's a great concept but it's the same thing year in and year out, this mode was at it's apex in PES 2 or 3 when you could choose to be a no name team and work up or start off with the proper team and have a decent base to build from AND most importantly where this mode was NOT based on real life rules in that at the end of the season there was a 2 legged playoff decider which determined who was relegated,promoted and who won the championship respectively and the ability to be able to poach a player essentially on a bosman ruling if their contracts had 1 year or less to run....all of this added up to a riveting and fun game and it's nowhere near as fun now that they took most of those things out, and this is a story repeated in other areas of the game no doubt, and online well I think Konami should just give up the ghost right now they ain't amount to anything there. Just focus on the core game and get the modes right and be fun to play through. You won't compete with Fifa for authenticity, licences or online play so stick to what you know and what works and make the offline game and modes of PES as fun as they can possibly be, starting with returning Master League to it's former glory.

Some rants are of worthy of note, others just moan for the sake of it...oh there's no real boots and less stadiums seabass is a lazy cunt etc....who cares ? really there's more pressing stuff right and wrong with the game than boots, stadiums and or lack thereof!

Let's enjoy these games for what they do correctly, and voice our opinions on what needs to be done for the next game for the overall good of the franchise.

Also if you're not a Fifa fanboy dissing PES for the sake of it and you genuinely don't like the new game then don't play it....voice your opinion but don't slag off the designers just because the game wasn't what you expected. If you got your hopes up and the game didn't meet those expectations then that's your fault not theirs! In most cases if a game actually is poor it's usually not the developer's fault but the fault of the company higher ups wanting to rush things out the door for a quicker dollar or two. The designer's try to make the best game they can with the resources and time available to them.... most of the time.

If you're going to blame anyone for a poor game then blame the faceless fat cats who the developers answer to and not the developers themselves. How would you like it if you put your time and effort into making creating something and you wanted it to be this and that and yet your boss says to you this has to be out by soenso date and that's it, you know it's not ready but there's nothing much you can do about it, it gets released and then you get the blame and abuse for it being a crap game and letting everyone down how would you like it ? I bet you wouldn't.

Last edited:
pes 2009 (PS2) gameplay improved a lot since pes 2008. it gives a better and more realistic feeling when playing.
i hardly can understand why anybody wants to play the last year edition.

indeed the licence-, boots-issue and missing CL-Mode sucks a lot. but with a good of or a patch a lot of that crap can be fixed - a little bit at least.

and i agree totally with thommohawk reagrding the next gen versions.
the pc-version is 1000 times better than the crappy xbox360 or ps2 pes2009-shit - the game sucks absolutely on those two platforms nad has nothing to do with soccer gaming - it's more like 100m dashing with a soccerball...

pes 2009 (PS2)
the pc-version is 1000 times better than the crappy xbox360 or ps2 pes2009-shit - the game sucks absolutely on those two platforms nad has nothing to do with soccer gaming - it's more like 100m dashing with a soccerball...

I dunno if I'd quite go that far....1000 times ?! hehe lol I totally agree about the last part especially on Xbox Live! Normally I love playing PES games online, but not in the last 2 or 3 years when it's been laggy as shit and not even proper football just a game of cutbacks and get the ball to Ronaldinho and have god run through your defence unhindered....has anyone noticed that Ronaldo (the brazilian legend striker) isn't in the game this year ? he hasn't retired from the game has he ? Last I heard he was playing for AC Milan and he was in last years game.

There isn't a PES shop in the next gen versions...this is one area where Konami have fucked up, why do they insist on having a PES shop for the previous gen but not for the next gen versions ? And especially this year with missing players that's inexcusable I mean Eidur Gudjonson is missing from the Barca team and Ronaldo is missing from the game totally since apparently he is in the PES Shop but there is no PES Shop in the next gen versions....Fifa wouldn't get away with crap like this so I don't see why Konami should!

I also think it's funny how people seem to cling onto the straw that online is THE most important feature of PES....no it's not, even IF online was superb which it is far from it but even if it was really good the gameplay and offline modes quality are the most important aspects since not everybody has the internet, not everybody plays games online, Konami seem incapable of making a decent game online, and frankly PES has too many core gameplay issues which prevent it from being a good online game even without the laggy crap (talking about star players that can walk on water)...so the gameplay itself and the offline modes are the most important things since they are things that they can do and that everyone will experience.

And besides PES has always been at it's best when playing alonside your friends in the house where lag and exploitation cheaters are non existant.

Last edited:
yes pes2009 really is worse than pes2008 on ps2...one thing i noticed(not sure if im juz imagining things) on pes2009 is that all the players run at the same and very fast speed as well...lol i was using man utd and gary neville runs as fast as cristiano ronaldo:SHOCK:

I dont think the game is bad at all.

Been playing BAL and i love it, but i do agree the AI suck at getting the ball to me when I pull ou wide.

And sometime they just dont play the simple ball and end up cutting back and me being off side!!

But I still enjoy the game, I think the more your BAL player improves and moves to a better team the better the game play of the AI will come.

When I have played against liverpool they pass the ball all ovewr the place.

our American native friend's rant was pointless...

If you're talking about me then shut the fuck up numbnuts, I'm entitled to voice my opinion and if you don't like it then you can kiss my arse....besides I'm not American I'm English! That gives me MORE right to bitch and complain about games based on my national sport if I so choose to.

What gives you or anyone else including the moderators and admins the right to say my "rant" - or opinion - is pointless ? Nothing that's what! Nobody has the right to piss all over someone else's opinions and thoughts just because they happen to not agree and if you happen to not agree then fine voice your opinions too but don't be an arrogent and negative dick about other people.

I don't piss all over your opinions and thoughts as you are entitled to them and you're entitled to voice them but don't piss all over my thoughts and opinions simply because you might not agree with them or the amount of text I use to voice them. There's a way to say certain things and a way to rub someone the wrong way....don't be an ignorent and dismissive twat!

Last edited:
I like WE2008 J-League better than PES2009. Don´t like the variation on the pad (special moves on right D-Pad, manual pass doesn´t bother me at all) That´s only IMHO

Last edited:
i think that 2009 is much better then 2008 i loved winning 11 10 specially the way you controlled the players and 2009 has that control just wait till all the patches come out and the whole thing will be alot better and as for the speed i found it to be just right on 08 when u would speed up and the defense would preasure u the ball would start bouncing off the players like if you were playing a pinball game which really sucked:))

If you're talking about me then shut the fuck up numbnuts, I'm entitled to voice my opinion and if you don't like it then you can kiss my arse....besides I'm not American I'm English! That gives me MORE right to bitch and complain about games based on my national sport if I so choose to.

What gives you or anyone else including the moderators and admins the right to say my "rant" - or opinion - is pointless ? Nothing that's what! Nobody has the right to piss all over someone else's opinions and thoughts just because they happen to not agree and if you happen to not agree then fine voice your opinions too but don't be an arrogent and negative dick about other people.

I don't piss all over your opinions and thoughts as you are entitled to them and you're entitled to voice them but don't piss all over my thoughts and opinions simply because you might not agree with them or the amount of text I use to voice them. There's a way to say certain things and a way to rub someone the wrong way....don't be an ignorent and dismissive twat!

hahahahaha you have a right! LOL

OOPS...i think you misunderstood me completely. I was only referring to your nick and to the fact that you can unlock classical and other players by winning cups and ML's...like Prof Nutmeg pointed out.
I wasn't referring towards what you think about the game...that is very subjective and like you pointed out, each and everyone is entitled to his own opinion, even if it doesn't concern somebody who is not talking about "his national game"....

To all native Americans: i'm sorry.

The PS2 version game play is really good.
Just wish they could have the same BAL mode on next gen, boots, and the old setup for empty leagues. A shame they didn't make the same modes on PS2.

Back
Top Bottom