1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Premiership printing

Discussion in 'Football' started by shaneward2004, 14 August 2006.

1. shaneward2004

shaneward2004 Person

27 July 2004
    Ireland
    Liverpool Fc
    What printing is the official printing for the premiership? the cloth one or the plastic type you get in jjb??
    plz help!

2. Parkin09

Parkin09 No...I AM SPARTACUS

7 March 2004
    Swindon
    plastic defo, the cloth one would add "weight" to the shirts much in the same way that most badges are printed onto players shirts instead of embroidered

3. shaneward2004

shaneward2004 Person

27 July 2004
    Ireland
    Liverpool Fc
    how come club official sports stores use the cloth printing?

4. Parkin09

7 March 2004
    Swindon
    i have no idea i know they do at liverpool but they don't at manchester united and other clubs

5. bradley1886

bradley1886 Premiership

6 August 2004
    London
    The plastic stuff is shite and doesnt last as long tho...

6. Parkin09

7 March 2004
    Swindon
    if you wash your shirt inside out it lasts forever as proved by my brothers leeds 03/04 shirt with immaculate smith 17 on the back

7. x X t o c z.

x X t o c z. League 2

19 July 2005
    im pretty sure its about how you treat it, if you wash it right it should last a very long time. ive had my arsenal away shirt since the start of the season with my name printed on it. i've washed it like a billion times on a gentle cycle inside out, and its still as good as the first day i bought it.

8. Walcott23

Walcott23 Guest

the real stuff is the cloth in jjb they do the plastic thing

9. TeePeeJay

TeePeeJay League 2

Plastic is the real one, like the players use. Like Parkin09 says, the furry one would add too much weight to the shirt.

10. schmurnan

schmurnan CHAMP10NS

3 June 2004
    Widnes
    Manchester United
    I think the players actually use the cloth printing, judging by Match of the Day last night.

I guess the plastic printing is just more cost-effective, and close up it looks better - the cloth printing gets all "bitty" after a couple of washes.

11. scottish_carson

scottish_carson League 1

19 February 2005
    Edinburgh
    Ayr United
    Most of the big teams only use a set of strips once or twice.

I'd imagine it's the plastic one they use.