Premier Fans: Take care on buying PES5

Don't get what the big fuss is about the missing crowds, I mean what do you look at when you play, the crowds or the players?

Last edited by a moderator:
well the game is shit hot and the crowd or should i say no crowd hasnt stopped me scoring screamers what a game \\:o/

Last edited by a moderator:
Fabulous first post my friend....you get my award for the best first posting...welcome to this asylum...hope you can stay sane till your 100th posting.

Pere Ubu said:
Next year: Konami gets rid of stadiums altogether, replaces the pitch with plain black and and the players with different-coloured squares.

"You arseholes! Moaning about cosmetic things!"

That would really be horrible...now here is someone who can put things in perspective: never mind hunger in the world, never mind the fact that there is forced labour for kids (who make all those nice licensed balls you people are so fond of), never mind war, never mind censorship, never mind tiranny, never mind civil rights because for god's sake THERE IS NO CROWD IN WE9....The attrocity, the horror, the horror...THE HORROR!!!!
(i guess you never read Heart of Darkness by Conrad, you should)

Thanks Stan, actually I read this forum daily but never post...

Hey.. I apologize for all of you who is offended with my post. For the 3rd time, I must say that I simply love the game and play it daily. It's only that I like the feeling of being in the venue and cannot just pretend that it´s realistic to be in Highburry playing Reds x Gunners during CL (WEFA) with no crowd at all.

I really don't understand why some people feel ofended when reading complains about WE/PES, just like if they were the actual programers. Usually constructive complains make better future versions.

Last edited:
Usually constructive complains make better future versions.

i agree with u my friend
me personally i don't think i care mutch about the croud, but again i guss i have to wait and see when pes5 comes out if it's that bad

Stan said:
That would really be horrible...now here is someone who can put things in perspective: never mind hunger in the world, never mind the fact that there is forced labour for kids (who make all those nice licensed balls you people are so fond of), never mind war, never mind censorship, never mind tiranny, never mind civil rights because for god's sake THERE IS NO CROWD IN WE9....The attrocity, the horror, the horror...THE HORROR!!!!
(i guess you never read Heart of Darkness by Conrad, you should)

And YOU talk about keeping things in perspective! It's a Winning Eleven/PES forum, someone mentions something bad about the new Winning Eleven, and apparently it's not worth mentioning because there's hunger in the world...

And don't lecture me about bloody kids in forced labour making footballs, considering I work for an NGO that campaigns against exactly that. The point is, they didn't make the Premiership Aerow in my version of the game. I think the_thing did.

Also, amusing reasoning - thinking it's bad that Konami didn't bother with a crowd in WE9 is a sure sign of having read no Conrad. I read it at about 16, I think, but I don't remember any reference to crowd textures. Although if you look at the rushes from Orson Welles' unfinished movie version, the model shots are about as crap as the Konami crowd animations...

Given the choice between slowdown or no crowd, I'll take the no crowd thanks.
Hopefully the PS3 version will not have to worry about issues like this.

But why create slowdown by pushing the capabilities of the PS2 too far. I was happy with the graphics in PES4, and i have to say i will be a bit annoyed if this crowd problem is still present in PES5 (although i expect it will be).

although it aint vital, i hope dey fix it 4 pes5 coz it little touches make big differences! however, gameplays the main thing for me and lookin forward to PES5! hopefully its gna come out in october!

Stan said:
What's all the fuss about.
Two years ago evrybody was moaning because there were no referees.
Last year they had refs but slowdown (i don't care a bit about that) and NO HOOPS and STRIPES (that really is fundamental).
Now it's worse: the crowd disappears...
Well that can be utterly realistic, all those arseholes who are complaining about cosmetic things are maybe playing that bad that the virtual audience leaves the stadium...nice addition

Hmmm,let me think,you are indeed a pie.
Just remember the next time you buy a can of beer,and their is nothing inside,twat!
For the record I've just won my second consecutive master league on 5 stars.
I remember a certain song about someone called stan,bit of a loner he was!

Last edited:
JimJoeC said:
I don't think graphics are what makes a game, it's all about the gameplay.
Exactly!
So many people miss the point of a game in the first place, gameplay is the most important, aesthetics come after!

Zygalski said:
Given the choice between slowdown or no crowd, I'll take the no crowd thanks.
Hopefully the PS3 version will not have to worry about issues like this.

Just imagine what the fifa lovers will make of it though zyg,i understand your point regarding slow-down,but this just spoils a superb game,and surely if they had to drop the crowd,then they surely should have dropped them from replays as well,thats what makes the experience so surreal.
Like you say though,roll on the ps3!!!

:: JJ :: said:
Exactly!
So many people miss the point of a game in the first place, gameplay is the most important, aesthetics come after!

Agree to an extent jj,but imo,this takes the winning eleven series backwards.I'm still not convinced that it's deliberate(saving slowdown etc.)I think a programmer hasn't finished his job.
I would bet this will not be the case when pro evo 5 is released,which will prove my point that they quite easily could have fans/picture of fans inserted for all angles.
I think the fact so many people feel let down,is purely that konami set a standard all those years ago,and may be letting their standards drop(i.e hoops/stripes missing,silly shark heads etc)

We could get the stadium-makers to modify the empty seats to make it look like a crowd is always there. Which shouldn't be too difficult to do, it's just a matter of how good/bad it will look.

jambotommy said:
Hmmm,let me think,you are indeed a pie.
Just remember the next time you buy a can of beer,and their is nothing inside,twat!
For the record I've just won my second consecutive master league on 5 stars.
I remember a certain song about someone called stan,bit of a loner he was!

Very poetic posting.
And boys, finally somebody managed to win ML on 5 stars....and that not only once but twice and in consecutive seasons...we have another young PES god in our midst...shame that nobody could see his fantastic (Real Madrid???; AC Milan???) play...
This guy is the last renaissance man, he is not only a great poet but on top of that a young PES God....HAIL...HAIL...HAIL...who cares about Leonardo da Vinci when there is a jambotommy.

PS: as a non-native speaker and being not too bright, could somebody please explain me what his first two sentences mean...i can see the poetic beauty of it but unfortunately i don't understand...well you can't win them all...i'm off playing PES avoiding relegation from division two on 1 star...

Who cares. The crowd never did anything worth shouting about in past versions, so who cares if they are visible or not? sure it would be nice, but if it plays as well as previous versions (better surely) then stop crying about shitty little things like that

surely if they had to drop the crowd,then they surely should have dropped them from replays as well

ummm...they didn't drop crowd from the replays, cause its a REplay...... We're not controlling the players anymore so that frees up resources for the PS2 to show the crowds.

No slowdowns is better than crowd. They weren't too nice looking anyways. Roll on the PS3.

not that big ofa deal could be better just use Roma they play in empty stadiums all the time lol

i would rather play the game in the park with jumpers for goal posts, crowd doesnt matter, u can hear them, the players and the gameplay is al that counts!the game is awesome and pro evo fans do not have anything to worry about!!
Long live Pro Evo!!!

No wonder Konami are taking the piss. You people would accept anything.

well said, people seem to think that just because its a great game there is no room for improvement or complaints.

The empty stadiums really annoyed me the first couple of weeks. Not because it adds anything to gameplay but because it breaks the suspension of belief. Nokami are trying to create the best/most realistic footie sim, yet for the past 2 versions they add/subtract/screw-up simple things that breaks the suspension of belief which is the main goal. Whether its getting rid of hoops/stripes adding stupid animal heads, empty stadiums to combat slowdown (which for me is quiet ironic as i never had any slowdown probs with pes4 or we8le yet i now do with we9 with no crowds), crappy ML that hasnt changed/improved for 3 versions, getting rid of the option to have/ not to have a development curve during your ML, adding the sidestep as standard just to accommidate the psp version, the crappy pitch textures(how many pitches have jaggy lines?, its not possible unless you actually mow the pitch that way) that used to be good and probably many more.

The frustrating part isnt an actual change ( im not to bothered about the empty stadiums anymore) its the fact that for the number of improvements there are an equal number of backwards steps or non improvement that wouldnt be hard to do. What would anybody rather have? the memorial match/nippon challenge or an improved ML. Luckily there are a group of talented editors/patchers out here that make the game would it could be. Sad really that hobbiest have to do it and not an international company that gets paid to do it!

if you want slow down and sluggish gameplay then write a bloomin' patch to have full crowds then !

the PS2 has reached breaking point, the chips and processors inside it can't handle better graphics and all the other malarky, so quit ya whinging and play

p.s. if you are playing as a middle to bottom league club then the empty stadiums are realistic !

Pere Ubu said:
No wonder Konami are taking the piss. You people would accept anything.

I've got several issues with the game (Master League, no 360 movement, crappy atmosphere etc) and I'll be the first to complain. But the crowd thing is a hardware problem (since X-Box dont have it) and really, a sign that the next gen is coming. I remember WE4 couldn't be played on the Normal "Wide" camera cause the game would be slowed down and remembering my delight at being able to use the said camera when WE5 came.....

Back
Top Bottom