PlayTV

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
Got the new PlayTV unit on Saturday for my room.

Pretty good - picked up most channels (though missed SSN and ITV on the last scan through so need to adjust where the receiver is) - but the picture quality is good on my 22" monitor and the HUD is very smooth and classy.

Nice bit of kit to have if you are going to use it as an auxiliary PVR for your house.

Anyone else get it?

I'd get it but can't be bothered getting the aerial sorted to come through into my bedroom wall from outside.

I was going to get this too but I opted for a btvision box (I have bt broadband). It cost me £30 instead of £60 plus it upscales digital tv through hdmi plus has its own built in HDD and I dont need my ps3 on to work it. If you have the room, then I think a better/cheaper option is to get a seperate box. pboreham, are you from southend? I am lol

I was going to get this too but I opted for a btvision box (I have bt broadband). It cost me £30 instead of £60 plus it upscales digital tv through hdmi plus has its own built in HDD and I dont need my ps3 on to work it. If you have the room, then I think a better/cheaper option is to get a seperate box. pboreham, are you from southend? I am lol

Nah, just supported them all my life! Live in Colchester now for my sins!

PlayTV is very good if you have your PS3 in another room like I do. Like you, I have BT Vision in my living room, but my PS3 is in my office (play room :LOL:), so its ideal to have a PVR in there too.

Back
Top Bottom