Players Acting Like A Piece Of Wood.

Ashraf

El Fenomeno
11 April 2011
Cairo.
Real Madrid.
In defending vs low crosses i press on the winger with square while trying to position the player i have in the box to prevent it, it often passes near the player i have without him bothering to move a leg and put it out or block it they just act like a piece of wood or a cone that you have to place exactly where the ball is going, is there anyway to prevent this or a better way to defend low crosses?

I think the key is to nip it in the bud before they get the chance to hit the low cross.

Once they manage to hit one, you really are just relying on luck to prevent a goal, sometimes you can super cancel and slide to block them, but it's difficult.

Was thinking about starting to press X once it's out that will make my player move towards the ball... might work.

this is why you need PEEL where exploits such as these are against the rules, that's where the real footy is mate.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but i also hated lobby 1 cowards who use this type of exploit over and over again, I'd rather lose playing the game against an opponent who loves football, not just winning.

well, i'ts better to try to avoid those passes than dealing with them..

you talk about it like saying: 'OMG, how can i stop a shot from getting into the goal?'
it's footie mate, you win some, you lose some..

I don't base my gameplay on those tripletap crosses, but I certainly use them if the play goes that way.. u know?

I also appreciate the effort made by the PEEL guys, but I guess you just have to deal with the fact that some players cheat and/or use exploits, but they're not unbeatable! Actually it's very rewarding, in terms of personal satisfaction, to beat those lame players

The thing about triple tap crosses is, it's a exploit but, it's not a huge one. it's certainly not unstoppable. I can still beat these guys and defend against them. just it's harder than it should be and regular AI is dub so it's quite effective!

With PEEL it's hard to get to those positions and with top player AI in general all forms of exploitation are eradicated completely. PEEL has rules where you can't use top teams and cutback. I mean you gave give players barca and let them cut back but on top player, those simply aren't exploits because the game is very well balanced much more so than inthe past when these where big issues!

I think the trick is, that you know these guys always run down the wing and hit that cross in, so when you see them about to go down the wing, switch your player to one near the box and position him in the path of the ball so he can block it BEFORE it gets into the danger zone. I have done this successfully against some guys and you can tell they get frustrated because they just keep trying the same thing. sometimes they jag a goal but if you can stop them the first few times, it throws them off.

well, i'ts better to try to avoid those passes than dealing with them..

you talk about it like saying: 'OMG, how can i stop a shot from getting into the goal?'
it's footie mate, you win some, you lose some..

I don't base my gameplay on those tripletap crosses, but I certainly use them if the play goes that way.. u know?

I also appreciate the effort made by the PEEL guys, but I guess you just have to deal with the fact that some players cheat and/or use exploits, but they're not unbeatable! Actually it's very rewarding, in terms of personal satisfaction, to beat those lame players

Fair call, don't get me wrong I have 600+ points vs. cutback cowards and I have never used Real/barca in my life, I know it's beatable and I LOVE BEATING these types of players with Juve/Roma/Arsenal, especially when the possesion and chances are in my favour. I don't mind if a player occassionally does it, I do too when playing against barca/real cowards, but everytime down the field some guys try the same thing, over and over and over again. Not what Seabass had in mind.

The thing about triple tap crosses is, it's a exploit but, it's not a huge one. it's certainly not unstoppable. I can still beat these guys and defend against them. just it's harder than it should be and regular AI is dub so it's quite effective!

With PEEL it's hard to get to those positions and with top player AI in general all forms of exploitation are eradicated completely. PEEL has rules where you can't use top teams and cutback. I mean you gave give players barca and let them cut back but on top player, those simply aren't exploits because the game is very well balanced much more so than inthe past when these where big issues!

So true, PEEL started in PES10 days where exploits were much more prevailent and easier to pull off, especially the cutback, you could score 5 in a game if you kept on tring to get to the lone and pass back, the CF was completely unmarked in the 5 90% of the time, and usually had an AM around the penalty spot unmarked for good measure :D

It's not completely unstoppable, but it's a LOT harder than it should be to stop them, to the point that over the course of a match they're unstoppable for a lot of the userbase (including those like me who stopped playing the game for 2 months and would now have to get back to match fitness in order to cut these out and remember all the other little PESisms in the game, like how you can be manually marking someone tightly but a short pass will still go to them as your player just watches). That's why absolutely e-ve-ry-one in MLO does them.

As exploits go it's no FIFA finesse shot or FIFA 10 lob, but together with the lag it has still killed MLO for me.

Back
Top Bottom