PC Play as manual as possible

Blanco

Championship
31 October 2005
Belgium
Hi,

What if we could use manual passing without using the manual button (LT)?
Well, I've found a solution with joy2key.
Joy2key emulates keystroke(s) to a gamepad button.

download it here (shareware & freeware)
http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/2/I/JoyToKey/JoyToKey.htm

So now when I press the passbutton, the game thinks I press the passbutton + the manual button (RT)

How it works...

- First I start settings.exe and I open the page for keyboard settings.
- I bind a key to the A button, let's say P
- I also bind a key to the LT button. let's say 1
- press OK

Now I open joy2key and go to file > create new configuration file (name it "PES" or so)

- doubleclick button 2 in the list (my passbutton, yours could be elswhere)
- choose the keyboard feature
- and fill in 2 keystrokes 1 and P where it says "disabled"
- press OK and leave joy2key open

Now minimise joy2key and start PES

Now ingame when you press the passbutton, joy2key let PES2012 think you pressed passbutton + manual button. So from now on your passing is always manual!

You can do the same with the long balls button and throughpasses. Bind a key again in settings.exe and link it with the manual button in joy2key
You have an advantage with manual throughpasses because the pass receiver is not railed. The same with lofted throughballs btw

Right now passing, throughballs and long balls are manual here and I can tell you it plays wonderfull!!

It creates one small problem:

When you want to change cameraview in replay, you change playerview at the same time.
That's normal because you press A button + LT at the same time
But it doesn't create issues in defence, in menu's or in the gameplan as far as I could test.

if you need help, just ask

Last edited:
I setup everything. Even in settings.exe in the keyboard tab the gamepad buttons light up correctly but when I play the game it goes back to using the controller. What am I doing wrong?

hmmm I don't know

How many joysticks are detected in joy2key?

Click on the vertical tab 'preferences" , It should be "one joystick detected" and I also set 1 in "number of joysticks to configure"

Make sure that you don't close joy2key when you play PES

If that doesn't help, I will make a video tutorial, because it really works here

...but when I play the game it goes back to using the controller.

I don't understand this part,
What do you mean, do you want to play with the keyboard?
I set up my controller in setting.exe as usual, I don't change anything in the controller settings.

btw, I think the buttons always light up when you press a key, even without joy2key

joy2key.jpg

Last edited:
hmmm I don't know

How many joysticks are detected in joy2key?

Click on the vertical tab 'preferences" , It should be "one joystick detected" and I also set 1 in "number of joysticks to configure"

Make sure that you don't close joy2key when you play PES

If that doesn't help, I will make a video tutorial, because it really works here

I don't understand this part,
What do you mean, do you want to play with the keyboard?
I set up my controller in setting.exe as usual, I don't change anything in the controller settings.

btw, I think the buttons always light up when you press a key, even without joy2key

I mean there is no way of over-riding my controller settings in-game. The game is using the controller settings and not the keyboard settings while the controller is plugged in. for example I have assigned no key to the start button but in the game the start button still works on the controller.

Last edited:
hmmm, strange...
what joy2key version have you downloaded?
I have V3.7.9, the freeware version

I have assigned no key to the start button but in the game the start button still works on the controller.

That not a problem, you don't have to assign a key for each button.
just for the ones you want to interact with joy2key. (3 buttons + LT i guess)
all your controller settings will work as they did before, only the ones you assign in joytokey will be overidden. PES accepts both, controller and keyboard.

Did you take a test ingame?

Last edited:
hmmm, strange...
what joy2key version have you downloaded?
I have V3.7.9, the freeware version

That not a problem, you don't have to assign a key for each button.
just for the ones you want to change.
all your controller settings will work as they did before, only the ones you assign in joytokey will be overidden. PES accepts both, controller and keyboard.

Did you take a test ingame?

Yeah, its not working I still have to hold L1 to do manual passing. :(
In setting.exe in the keyboard tab when I press triangle it shows triangle and L1 being pressed BUT when I click in to controller tab it shows just Triangle and unfortunately thats whats happening in game too

Why L1?
LT is the manual button

Did you check the replay "bug" I mentioned?
Is passassist 0?

Last edited:
is it worth switching to full manual ???

whatg about player individuality ?
will passing stats affect every pass, or will it be all down to me ?

damn, I have no idea why... :CONF:

What is your OS?
windows 7? XP? Vista?

Vista. What controller do you use? Its no biggie anyway Im really getting use to pressing LT when I need it and for me it is really reinvigorating the game. There are certain times when a regular through ball works like when SB are making overlapping runs, works okay there, where it really comes apart is playing the ball into a space in front of you LT solves this for me. Also long manual balls work much better. I just wish I could get it working on one button. Oh well.

probably, but not with joy2key
You'll need a key remapper tool that supports multiple keystrokes

But is it usefull to have manual passing on a keyboard?
You have no analog control and only 8 directions?

I've found an alternative for joy2key.

TOTAL GAME CONTROL 3.7
http://www.digitaltransforms.com/

The trail version is free to download and use, All your settings are kept in memory but you can't save profiles
I tried it and it works for me too.

Here are a few good examples what you can do with manual passing
YouTube - free passing
Video by Casperlf

Here is a tutorial:

First download Total game control 3.7 from the site and install

http://www.digitaltransforms.com/

Next:

Open the settings.exe from PES2012 and go to the keyboard settings.

-Bind the LT button to 1
-Bind the throughpass button to t
-Bind the long pass button to l

Now open total game control

- click on the device tab, open the device dropdown menu and select your gamepad in the list

- next to profile press the new button and create a new profile and name it. for example "pes2012"

Settings for the manual throughpass

- click on the control tab and press new

- in the description field type "throughpass" (not required tho)

- grab your gamepad and hold the throughpass button and check the detect button while holding the throughpass button. Now uncheck the detect button again and B4 will appear in the field.

- Check "hold down all keys of multikey event until released"

- In the key(s) field type 1t and press OK

Setting for manual long balls

- press new again

- in the description field type "longballs" (not required tho)

- grab your gamepad and hold the long pass button and check the detect button while holding the long pass button. Now uncheck the detect button again and B3 will appear in the field.

- Check "hold down all keys of multikey event until released"

- In the key(s) field type 1l and press OK

Your done, leave total game control open and start PES2012.

When you close TGC you will lose all the settings you just made tho, it's still the trail version, but it works as long as you want.

Last edited:
s it worth switching to full manual ???

whatg about player individuality ?
will passing stats affect every pass, or will it be all down to me ?

Yes imo it's worth to switch to manual passing. it creates much more options and freedom in your attacking waves
I guess player individuality is respected in terms of passing ballspeed but not in terms of direction, then it will come all down to you.
You don't have to make regular passing full manual, since passing support 0 is quite manual.
But it's a great thing for normal and lofted through passes, long balls and even crosses.

Still doesnt work for me using total game control. i have it setup right but in game doesnt work. No big deal I just tape the LT down now. Here are a few more examples of playing into space. YouTube - More examples

See in the first clip, once I highlight valencia I have time to pull of the shoulder of the defender without and scripting holding me back, that was along ball not a through ball.

And the second clip when Im controlling Park i see in the radar there is a big hole in the Juventus defense I play the ball into that space also with a manual long ball, with a regular long ball he would have hit it right at Welbeck. You can see clearly in the last part of the clip.

The game has come alive for me with a piece of scotch tape!.

Last edited:
you must have a strange controller :-)

Yeah, I see no other option than taping your LT button.
It works great here and it seems I'm the only one lol

And indeed manual passing is great, it creates so much more options. Especially through passes are very precise in manual mode. Only the lofted ones don't feel manual.
But long manual passes work great and even crosses work better.

thx man, can you tell me when it works for you?

When it works you will see it creates a small problem in replay mode. When you want to change cameraview, you change playerview at the same time. That's obvious because you press A (pass) button + LT at the same time.
But that's all, there are no issues in defence, gameplan or menus, only in replay

I Know it's off topic, but just a quick question.

Will this be able to help withh Mass Effect 3 seing that is has no gamepad support? thanx

Yes. Any game.
Even NBA2K can be played with 4 gamepads ( originaly game supports keyboard + 3 gamepads ).

No,
LT + shots are not equal to manual shooting
If would be cool if they were...

But you have RT + shot for precission shots.

Last edited:
Thank you Blanco for your tutorial, giving it a try now :)

EDIT: None of the methods posted works for me :( I followed tutorial exactly...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom