Petrol Heads thread.. Post a pic of your car!

Fords used to be plagued with issues. I can remember the Mondeo having a very strange veering to the left issue. I drove my sisters Ford Focus 2004 1.6 Petrol on the weekend and it felt really nice to drive. Shame I dont like the look of the thing!

Ooh, you have that Focus.

I was planning of getting that at my first car, would you reccomend it?
I don't like the look of the 5 door, prefer 3 door, but mgiht not be as pracitcal.

Other cars on my shortlist are the Mk4 Golf 1.4/1.6, Mk5 Polo 1.4/1.4 TDI, BMW 316i Old one....

Thanks

Best First (used) car?

Fiesta
Saxo
Polo
Corsa

What shall it be....hmmm.

Has to be in insurance group 1 or 2.

Anything but a Saxo or a 107. They're made about as well as a broken christmas cracker, everything will go wrong, and should the unfortunate happen and you have a crash, you'll probably die no matter what speed you're going.

Any of the others would be fine. What's your budget btw?

I'd go for a Fiesta, or the Corsa.
Which Corsa btw? Show me a pic

The 01 model! Lights higher up at the back.

I know some of those cars have a bit of a rep with certain elements of society, but I couldn't care less because I do not look or act like a chav and I certainly wouldn't try and put a spolier or sports bumpers on the Saxo!

I might be buying a Fiesta 1.25 Zetec (99) from a collegue at work as he is selling it soon after his next MOT. Reason being I can trust him about its service history etc

i haven't seen many chavs driving Corsa's

Last edited:
Alternatively, anyone know of any cars with great apr deals atm

:SS

You want to buy new?
And borrow money...

Personally that is silly, it's very likely that you will do something to your first car. I would wait one year personally.

Alternatively, anyone know of any cars with great apr deals atm

Depends exactly how much you're willing to go for, but pop down to your local Toyota dealer and have a look at the Aygo.

Same for Peugeot and the 107, or the C1 from Citroen. All the same car just with a different badge. Citroen's probably gonna be the cheapest, they usually have fantastic deals on their cars.

The reason behind buying new is the warranty, and the value of the car will be higher when I eventually come to sell it.

Safety wise the new superminis are apparently brilliant.

If I buy new it would be 10k max I think!

Aiming more for 8k

Last edited:
That Aygo is rather tasty actually.

7k too.

£80 a month with a 2k deposit. Parker's have given it an excellent review.

Still thinking about a Fiat 500 though

Last edited:
That Aygo is rather tasty actually.

7k too.

£80 a month with a 2k deposit. Parker's have given it an excellent review.

Still thinking about a Fiat 500 though

If you are a bloke, you will not buy a Fiat 500. They're kinda cool, but as soon as a bloke sits behind the wheel, all that coolness is eroded completely. Plus they're really, really tacky inside and the driving position is awful.

Aygo's are great little cars anyway, certainly consider them.

My insurance was £1600 for a new Ford Fiesta 1.4 Tdci.

That was when i was 17. Now i'm 18 and it's up for renewal at the end of next month.:((

R plates are down 31st July, but the insurance probably won't be.

Last edited:
My insurance was £1600 for a new Ford Fiesta 1.4 Tdci.

That was when i was 17. Now i'm 18 and it's up for renewal at the end of next month.:((

R plates are down 31st July, but the insurance probably won't be.
Mate Insurance is a right con especially for younger drivers. Costs a fortune!, if you drive and manage not to have an accident for the next few years it should drop by a fair amount as you build up No Claims Bonuses. Also when you get over 25 it drops down because your no longer a stereotyped "Reckless Youth".

Mate Insurance is a right con especially for younger drivers. Costs a fortune!, if you drive and manage not to have an accident for the next few years it should drop by a fair amount as you build up No Claims Bonuses. Also when you get over 25 it drops down because your no longer a stereotyped "Reckless Youth".

It is a con for young drivers. My first year of driving's been alrite so far *Touch Wood*, only problem i had was when my m8 out of school run into the back of me and damaged my bumper, but no need for insurance to be brought into it, he's just going to give me then money to get a new one.

It is a con for young drivers. My first year of driving's been alrite so far *Touch Wood*, only problem i had was when my m8 out of school run into the back of me and damaged my bumper, but no need for insurance to be brought into it, he's just going to give me then money to get a new one.
I wish accidents were always that simple to resolve. My missus literally rubbed the side of a BMW 5 series with our MG one morning on the way to work. It would have been a quick and simple touch up job to fix the BMW.... but no! they had to go the insurance route and take it to a BMW garage!!! WTF?

Back
Top Bottom