PES6 Long Range Freekicks

Sub-Conscious

Conference
3 September 2005
well, after much practice I can now score a realistic number of short range freekicks, but due to the change of GK AI, I cant put one in from more than 30 yards. I've spent hours in training hitting hundreds of them in recent weeks with different players, and NOT ONE has ever gone in.

Is it worth trying to master this or is it impossible? If anyone has managed to score a couple then I'd like to know that it is possible, or else I'll just pass them from that range from now on. Before you come out with the "U just suck" replies, I've scored a lot of close ones in PES6, and IMO I was probably the best FK taker I ever saw in PES5 (without using the layoff 1 flaws which made them piss easy to score). I am using up arrow and/or :triangle: for high power but no luck.

Comments?

PES6 is just that much harder, that's it.

Going back and forth between WE9:LE/PES5 and PES6 makes it obvious that goalkeepers and their movements are changed (and in my opinion, made less realistic) in such a way that scoring long-range freekicks is next to impossible. Just the fact that the goalkeepers save alot of close-range freekicks a real-goalkeeper wouldn't be close to is evidence enough to me that the goalkeepers have a highly unfair advantage in PES6, where goalkeepers in real-life have a disadvantage (since freekicks are much about guesswork from the goalkeeper, in respect to in which corner the ball will fly and a wrong guess will lead to the goalkeeper being caught on the wrong foot, and the fact that the wall and other players often will obscure the ball long enough to cause the goalkeeper to loose mental track of the ball trajectory.).

In short, Konami have ignored or failed to implement many of the factors that makes reallife freekicks such an exiting and rewarding situation, reducing it to a "shot that ball as hard as possible so the ball reaches the top corner before the goalkeeper does" thing.

Watching real freekicks alot will reveal that goalkeepers are very often fooled by the freekick taker, leaving them moving in the wrong direction and being completely unable to stop and change direction in the very short time span the ball is travelling to the goal. Not to mention that a freekick fairly close to the post or top corner will often go in regardless if the goalkeeper guessed right and was heading the right way, sometimes even making the goalkeeper stop dead about halfway there since he realizes he won't have a chance to get to it.

So in PES6, all you can hope for is that the goalkeeper gets a brainfreeze and fumbles the ball even though he often is so damn quick he will reach the corner of the goal and stand still for a while before the ball actually arrives there. Freekicks where the biggest point for me not playing PES6. I played Freekick-training for about an hour, then got fed-up.

I've managed to score ONE free-kick in PES6 so far, from countless tries in a real game. I've established this. Hold :l1: or :r1: depending on the way you are curling the ball, shoot to halfway'ish & hold up and the curl direction. As the keepers are so unbelievable, the only way I scored was hitting the underside of the crossbar, then it going in - so it fooled the keeper. That's all the advice I have. It's just impossibly hard sadly.

I found that scoring close range FK is easier by taking indirect FK, that is, by having a second FK taker to roll the ball for you ;). Preferably, the shooter needs high accuracy / power too. This has a bonus of an assist for the guy who roll the ball too

I find this incredible, but after posting what I did above last night, I've scored 2 free kicks in one day, with Frank Lampard. I believe the shot power is what did it for me. The first, I smashed the ball along the ground, under the jumping wall and it went into the far corner (I've never seen that work before in PES...ever!). The second was a slight curl and thump combined into the top right corner from 24m I believe. The keeper got close, but the power beat him. I'm currently making a 2nd video for PES6, which is based on long range shooting. I will include the 3 FK's I've scored for people to analyse. Stay posted!

Oh well, there's a 0.0001% chance now that you will concede a goal from FK. Go on, foul him, son. :D

well its kind of unrealistic now.. its like we're waiting for one person to score from a fk in the whole world.. :P i only every scored 1 fk and it was juninho in training.. but with pes5 i'd score fk's with henry, van persie all around the field.. =O dunno what to use, more power or swerve..

I scored one (21m) with C. Ronaldo the first time I played PES6, I guess it was beginnersluck because it was the only FK goal I've made so far.

I've scored about 10 in matches from under 25 yards, and loads in training. the point of this topic was the ones from further out. feel free to foul me anywhere near the penalty area!

I have scored only 1 so far with lampard

hit the bar twice with henry and hit the post once with lampard(in the same match i scored the goal)

by the way is there any section in this forum where you can show your goals?

long range free kicks are alot harder (ie realistic)

with pes5 i could score loads but that was a goalkeeping error (something we call cheapskate goals - where you take advantage of flaws in pes to score goals)

Close range freekicks i still score quite afew but it is tricky...depends on players alot.

long range free kicks are alot harder (ie realistic)

with pes5 i could score loads but that was a goalkeeping error (something we call cheapskate goals - where you take advantage of flaws in pes to score goals)

Close range freekicks i still score quite afew but it is tricky...depends on players alot.

yeh but then you cant be like juninho and score some from like 25+m out. =/. he's a very consistant free kicker but pes6 makes him look like any other free kicker.

Back
Top Bottom