PES22 - Modding?

JosePedroFan

League 1
17 June 2020
Hello, I hope that everyone is doing great! I'm debating between getting a gaming PC and a PS5 for PES22. PES22 is the only videogame I play. I was wondering if anyone from the community has any ideas on whether we'll be able to make mods for PES22. It looks like no UE4 PC game has been moded to date where the developers didn't intentionally open it up to modding. Am I correct in saying this? Any other thoughts about this topic?

I'm asking because if it's very unlikely that we get PC mods then I'll probably end up just buying a PS5.

It looks like no UE4 PC game has been moded to date where the developers didn't intentionally open it up to modding. Am I correct in saying this? Any other thoughts about this topic?
I would phrase it differently: No Unreal Engine game has been modded where the developers didn't want the game game to be moddable in the first place. Considering we're talking about KONAMI, I wouldn't bet on the game being moddable.

I would phrase it differently: No Unreal Engine game has been modded where the developers didn't want the game game to be moddable in the first place. Considering we're talking about KONAMI, I wouldn't bet on the game being moddable.
Yes, sorry maybe I phrased my previous post poorly, but this is exactly what I meant. Have Konami ever purposefully left PES open to modding though?

Audio modding is very hard. If you wanna replace sounds you have to replace it in the original pak file. If it's big in size, you need that amount of ram or you can't pak. This doesn't look good.

Yeah I'm going to be honest and say that I really doubt that Konami's going to open up modding for PES22

At this point I'm just hoping for a much improved edit mode. Maybe one that allows you to import scoreboard textures, chants, menu backgrounds, etc. A stadium creator would be amazing too, but I know that they originally took that away because of licensing issues, and I don't know how they would be able to bring it back. On the other hand, doesn't FIFA Ultimate Team have a stadium creator now. If they have one, why can't PES have one?

Yeah I'm going to be honest and say that I really doubt that Konami's going to open up modding for PES22

At this point I'm just hoping for a much improved edit mode. Maybe one that allows you to import scoreboard textures, chants, menu backgrounds, etc. A stadium creator would be amazing too, but I know that they originally took that away because of licensing issues, and I don't know how they would be able to bring it back. On the other hand, doesn't FIFA Ultimate Team have a stadium creator now. If they have one, why can't PES have one?
They literally have to do less work to keep it moddable. I doubt they're gonna kill their pc sales, by actually doing extra work.

They literally have to do less work to keep it moddable. I doubt they're gonna kill their pc sales, by actually doing extra work.
That's absolutely not true. I'm an Unreal Engine developer. By default it's NOT moddable.

There are specific plugins for Unreal Engine 4 released by its creators (Epic Games). If Konami integrates these plugins, we can get modding. If they just stick with the default and don't integrate them, we almost certainly won't have modding.

I think that it's that simple. We only get modding if Konami uses the plugins to officially support it. Otherwise the day that PES22 is released is the day that modding dies :(

That's absolutely not true. I'm an Unreal Engine developer. By default it's NOT moddable.

There are specific plugins for Unreal Engine 4 released by its creators (Epic Games). If Konami integrates these plugins, we can get modding. If they just stick with the default and don't integrate them, we almost certainly won't have modding.

I think that it's that simple. We only get modding if Konami uses the plugins to officially support it. Otherwise the day that PES22 is released is the day that modding dies :(
Obviously they will have to import the plugins. Money is what's making them work. I was talking about the DRM lock on the paks.

I think it depends on the publisher, as they said.
As far as I know the MotoGP series moved to Unreal a couple of years ago and it's still being modded (not to extent we are used to with PES, maybe... But it can be modded).

Does this work for any UE4 game for PC? Or has it only worked for MotoGP?
These tools don't work for some UE4 games. There have been games like Assetto Corsa Competizione where there is a huge modding community from their previous game, but still nobody has managed to import stuff into the new game.

These tools don't work for some UE4 games. There have been games like Assetto Corsa Competizione where there is a huge modding community from their previous game, but still nobody has managed to import stuff into the new game.
Interesting. Do you know why it works for some games and not for others?

Considering Konami never ever acknowledged or cared about PC mods, I am not optimistic at all about any inprovements for 2022.

Back
Top Bottom