[PES2008] Serious issues with 2nd monitor [HDTV]

Saloniki

Non-League
19 May 2008
Hi,

I browsed almost every topic about this, but none seem to answer some questions I have. I'm on the edge of a nervous break down because this has been haunting me for days....

Here's the thing.
With a DVI cable I attached my HDTV as a secondary monitor, but for some reason PES can't handle this (please note that this is the ONLY game I have issues with). Only goes full screen on HDTV if it is set to primary, it wont go full screen otherwise

A short summary of the problems:
PES only opens full screen on the primary monitor.
WHY?!?! I've tried several programs. Assigned PES2008.exe ONLY to open on my secondary, but it wont do it. It just wont go full screen on my other monitor.
I try opening it windowed, drag it to monitor 2, go fullscreen and it goes to my primary. Again, only PES does this and only PES refuses to listen to programs that force it to open on my other screen.
But, i'm no quitter so I decided to simply disable my other monitor once PES starts. An annoying work around, but as a temp solution it works.

But now this only brings me to an even weirder problem.
Really, I've never seen a program behave like this.
I have PES2008 in windowed mode in any widescreen resolution. On my primary monitor, game runs perfect. Nice speed, no slowdown etc. Perfect!
BUT!
When I drag the window to my other monitor (which is a HDTV) it runs like shit. All choppy. It's playable, but barely. Once I drag it back it's fine again.
WTF why is that?! It's not my TV since all other games can coop with this.
In full screen it's the same. But then another weird thing happens.......
When I play full screen in 1280x1024 the game runs nice and smooth on my TV. But any other resolution is choppy.
Why?! It's not even the native resolution of my TV (true 1280x720 is, not 1280x768 acting as 720p)

[thank you for reading all the way till here, seriously]

Now I'm stuck with some q's.

1) Why cant I force PES to go full screen on secondary?
2) Why is PES choppy on one screen and runs fine if dragged to the other?
3) Why cant I use any wide screen resolutions full screen? Even the hacked settings.exe dont help.
4) Why is PES only running fine on HDTV full screen in 1280x1024 and not in another resolution?
5) Is there any way to solve any of the q's mentioned above?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Last edited:
By the way I my 2nd monitor as HDTV as well as a normal monitor (forcing it with reg key).
But even if windows thinks my HDTV is a real monitor, this happens.

Back
Top Bottom